Beginners - May 2013 (Page 64)

Explain the Data Structure

Hi i'm trying to read out the some code that i search in google. And i try to differentiate the code whether its using what kind of data structure.. Its using b...
[7 replies] Last: All trees are trees, but only binary trees are binary trees. Binary =... (by keskiverto)
String Troubles

We are posed with this problem. An office furniture company sells furniture in three colors: red, black and green. Every item in their inventory system has ...
[1 reply] : I feel like I am way off with what I have and had something prior to t... (by lavekyl)
Help reading file into arrays.

This is the assignment: "Write a program that uses a two-dimensional array to store the highest and lowest temperatures for each month of the year. The program...
[6 replies] Last: Figured it out! Thanks guys (by puckett)
data entry into a binary file

Hello, I'm writing a program where I take a prewritten text file and a. convert it into binary, b. write text to that binary file, c. display an output report a...
[1 reply] : myFile.write(reinterpret_cast<char *>(&data), sizeof(data)); I doub... (by writetonsharma)
by fetzjr
Where to learn GLUT?

Okay so i am using Code::Blocks, and i just installed GLUT, i tried to compile a few source codes and they all worked except one, but oh well, others in the com...
[3 replies] Last: So is GLUT worth learning? If not, what should i learn? (by fetzjr)
function isn't called

This is the beginning of snake game. Why function "atsiranda()" isn't called? #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <cstdlib> #include <cmat...
[2 replies] Last: I would highly suggest you reread whatever material you have that deal... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Trying to Pass a pointer as a parameter

So i've been stuck on this code trying to get a pointer to pass as parameter of void print_contents ( "parameter" ) but I have had the worst of luck. I think...
[2 replies] Last: In the following snip: struct tax_node { char form; // tax fo... (by S G H)
General series add just having problem on only one part

Write your question here. I want to add the series numbers except square numbers For example,if n = 10, Add : 1+2+3+5+6+7+8+10 = 42(except 4 and 9) but I g...
[2 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieve_of_Eratosthenes Pretty simple and ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by seiran
Algorithm for sum of series

Hi everyone, i have a question and i need advises from u all... QUESTION: Write an algorithms for the sum of series, 1+1/2+1/3+1/4+...+1/n, where n is entere...
[2 replies] Last: Pretty simple pattern. Use a for loop from 1 to n. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Help splitting file into header, cpp files

I'm a c++ student and we made a class file and now we have to split the file into a header file, a main file, and the file itself, in my case it would be astero...
[1 reply] : A header file will have just the declarations of all class methods and... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Reading from file to arrays

I am having issues with a homework asignment. I am supposed to design a program that pulls 20 multiple choice questions from a file into my program. I am having...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <i... (by Mastaooga)
average of numbers entered by users

hello everyone. i got a question here.. i need to create a program to prompt the user to enter the values and find the average of these values.. can u guys have...
[9 replies] Last: Gezz you guys really need better naming conventions ;p it looked like ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
algorithms for producing n times multiplication table

Hi, everyone. I want to ask a question on write an algorithms to produce n times multiplication table(n less than or equal to 10). for example, if n is equal to...
[1 reply] : Two nested loops would do it. (by keskiverto)
Calling Functions from other CPP files with Header

Hey there guys, I'll post my code below. I've currently finished being taught the bare basics of C++ for on of my Uni modules. However, I thought that C++ woul...
[1 reply] : Nevermind, I found out the problem. I had a bit more of a look around... (by Angrytoad)
by mono92
Try Catch statements

I am just wondering is there an equivalent to the java try { } catch(){} in C++ ?
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for that i kinda thought it was the same but i didnt know what ... (by mono92)
Need help about declaring names

Needs help about strings and if and else . #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () { string mystr; cout << "...
[3 replies] Last: ty vlad,i forgot to use "" =P,tyvm (by xthehunterz)
text file to binary file conversion

Hello. I'm writing a program using structures and classes to turn a text file into a binary and also other things. I've written the first part of the code down ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much, I was able to properly get the program to compile... (by abledpilot)
Iteration and deletion in lists

Hello, I'm currently working on some code based around the use of lists. Im currently trying to compare two lists and delete any elements in list "a" if they al...
[3 replies] Last: Don't nest the loops. typedef list<Node>::iterator iterator ; for( it... (by JLBorges)
Header files and modules

Last part of the final project (due tomorrow): put all the modules (four of them) into a header file. I'm looking for a tutorial or something of that nature to ...
[1 reply] : Put declarations (prototypes) in headers, leave definition in cpp file... (by MiiNiPaa)
Explain pointer use

I'm reading Coding Interview by Harry He Then suddenly this code bugged me so bad... CMyString& CMyString::operator =(const CMyString &str) { if(thi...
[1 reply] : Nope. strTemp destructor will destroy old m_pData which was containe... (by MiiNiPaa)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 6263646566
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.