Beginners - May 2014 (Page 55)

cin >>

Hello, I started a few days ago with C++ and I started working on my project, but I can't get it to work. I want to have cin >> for 3 cout lines. #include ...
[10 replies] Last: thanks, review your inbox.. (by cronopio)
Conway's Game of Life

Write your question here. I am trying to write down Conway's game of life on a 90 by 90 board which goes on for 30 generations. It reads in from a .dat file an...
[2 replies] Last: I got till here but can't output the neighbours and generations correc... (by moose05)
by mkh
How to initialize an array of class instances

Hi to everyone, I think my question might be elementary for most of you. I've recently begun to learn C++. Now I need to make an array of a class which needs to...
[3 replies] Last: Thank both of you for your responses. I checked the first solution and... (by mkh)
by cbufis
Loops Issue (error checking)

I need to get the break statements on lines 27 and 45 out of my code.I am trying to make this program loop 3 times for a correct pin code and I can get it to wo...
[2 replies] Last: Great idea... end the loop... Thanks!! I don't know why I was stuck o... (by cbufis)
by mjatt
access violation error help

i am not able to get over this error: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00155000. #include <iostream> using namespace std; const in...
[4 replies] Last: finally! thanx @ rich1 (by mjatt)
Segmentation Error in Void Function

Hey guys, I'm new here and to c++ in general and have run into some trouble of a project I'm working on. One function within this project is giving me trouble....
[8 replies] Last: You're welcome :) (by MikeyBoy)
addSong

How would i go about adding a song to a song array without a loop? the function takes in one song at a time, and it wont let me do song_array = song , says it ...
[3 replies] Last: If you chose option a, check it again as I corrected my own errors the... (by JockX)
USING PASS-BY-REFERENCE TO SEND TWO VALUES TO THE CALLING FUNCTION

The program is written to calculate a new salary after a 5% raise or 10% raise. However, the program does not calculate the new salary after a 10% raise corre...
[4 replies] Last: thank you, I was able to figure it out! you saved my night. (by cryingfordays)
Array Index Out of Bounds Problem, Class Template

I'm pretty new to C++, and have only been programming for about 10 weeks now. I have this homework assignment that I have been struggling greatly on, and after ...
[5 replies] Last: Looking better. It's probably a good practice not to keep more privat... (by cire)
Linked List Problem

For some reason my program is running funky. Can anyone tell me if its the linked list implementation or the other code Thanks template <class T> s...
[1 reply] : Explain funky? What exact behavior seems off? It might give us a bett... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
by pingsb
I can't find my mistake :/

I can't for the life of me figure out what isn't working properly. If you input m, then 105, the output should be "....17 dollars and 55 cents." Similarly, if...
[1 reply] : Looks like your printing an address... Possibly a buggy report. But! ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
how to make my program pause and resume

c++ what i am doing is making a autoprone program that when you shoot at someone in say call of duty you go prone while your shooting, im trying to make it so t...
[3 replies] Last: i tried that but im not quite sure what to do where you said do stuff.... (by closed account 9i3hURfi)
by sgtdoo
Creating a chart of characters using two arrays (1,2)

So I need to write a program that uses two arrays of which the size is known, (6). The task of the program is to ask the user for six integers, and then six cha...
[27 replies] Last: thanks, I changed the value of the maximum index after I sorted it, an... (by sgtdoo)
by teetee
inventory program. PLEASE HElp

Hi, I'm really stuck with this program and this assignment is due tomorrow. I would really appreciate if someone can help me. For the assignment i had to 1.crea...
[1 reply] : You are declaring the variable end as a character variable, but are as... (by closed account 3R5fjE8b)
i need help with the logic of this function, the 'priority' problem from talentbuddy.co

Hey guys, first i would like to state thank you for your help in advance. I'll just copy and paste the problem here and write my thought underneath Pri...
[2 replies] Last: void count_configurations(int a, int b, int c, int n) { int coun... (by Chochu)
Returning List With Commas

(solved)
[2 replies] Last: Hi person, thanks. No really, you are a life saver! (by Cynthia401)
by Naulee
Reading files and counting the input

The goal of this program is to read "input.doc" and then print the number of words, capital letters, lowercase letters, digits, and non-alphanumerics. My .doc...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> //#include <string> #include <fstream> //#include... (by JLBorges)
Private Struct and Template Class

I am having trouble understanding how to access the struct. This is exactly how this part of the code is supposed to look according to the assignments but i fee...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks alot MiinIPaa. Managed to get it to compile with your help. (by luiscovar)
2d array -NEW QUESTION

y my output is not right? 300 450 500 210 510 600 750 400 627 100 420 430 530 621 730 530 200 050 058 200 100 082 920 290 #include <iostream> #...
[14 replies] Last: so yeah your whole program .. #include <iostream> #include <fstream>... (by Void life)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 535455
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.