Beginners - May 2019 (Page 2)

A Reservation, Explain what happen at the choice F

int main() { string userName; string userPassword; int loginAttempt = 0; bool loginStatus = false; while (loginAttempt < 5) ...
[6 replies] Last: Have you read the documentation for getline? http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by AbstractionAnon)
by GonlyG
substring (x-3, x) not working in program

I have a program that simulates a "travel game" where each person's travel itinerary is given with 3 letters then a dash, 3 letters then a dash (all the way unt...
[3 replies] Last: Instead of removing all the dashes from travel, why not just add one t... (by dutch)
by wuwy
How do I stop this program if it achieves it's objective

Basically we got rover and its movement is coded with number 1-4 ( 1 = x+1, y+1 and 2 = x+1, y-1 and so on). It's starting position is x0 and y0, BUT it's also ...
[6 replies] Last: Is this any easier, @wuwy? I still think doing the sequence in a funct... (by lastchance)
by m2020
Problem with using DLIB (Neural Network)

Consider a function with 200 inputs and 150 outputs, so it is a very complex function and i want to model it with Deep Neural Network which has 200 inputs and 1...
[1 reply] : Did you see this: http://dlib.net/ ? (by coder777)
Looking for Challenges.

Hello guys, I'm considered as a beginner and i've been watching youtube tutorials. By little by little i've been learning c++ and preparing for my summer cla...
[6 replies] Last: BINGO!! Grazie tante! (by MikeStgt)
Adding Unique Items to Map & Counting Duplicates

I have an unordered_map like so: std::unordered_map<std::string, int> materialToAmount; // ^ Example key/value: {"cobblestone", 1} I want to add 1 to the...
[15 replies] Last: I used 'auto' there for convenience, maybe laziness. The full type in ... (by lastchance)
SFML Button Class HELP!

I was wondering if there would be any way to help me make a class for all of my buttons. Every sprite is just a button. Is there any possible way to make it so ...
[3 replies] Last: As I thought about it, I was motivate to clarify one point based on ho... (by Niccolo)
by colt
Possible problem with operator overloading in c++

Hello I have this line of code: specular_color += light_intensity * std::pow (std::max(0.f,reflected*camera_dir),mat.ns); that is generating serious wro...
[11 replies] Last: could you provide a minimal testcase that does reproduce your issue? ... (by colt)
by ghopoz
protect my win app from recording

I have win app (c++ or c#) . I want not capturing my app window . I use specific graphic and afraid stolen by recording or print screen.I search in web and get ...
[3 replies] Last: Your graphics are copyrighted by you. In computer systems, this extend... (by Duthomhas)
by sturk
C++ converting to std::vector

Hi, I need help in converting my arrays to std::vector in the class polygon as I am facing a memory leak issue due to using the new operators and all that. I tr...
[7 replies] Last: Read: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector/vector/vector/ Now yo... (by keskiverto)
Templates and classes

Sorry if the title is misleading, as wasnt sure how to correctly name the question I have. Im working on a 2 part assignment, where first you need to create ...
[3 replies] Last: You create a Human object. You set the name, surname and age in that o... (by Repeater)
Very easy begginer question

Why is my int i equal to the asci code of A, B,C... instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 like i had set it to and how do i change it #include <stdio.h> #include <st...
[6 replies] Last: Also here -> https://cboard.cprogramming.com/c-programming/177656-easy... (by salem c)
by sparki
Output duplicates from ostream operator

How do I get rid of the duplicates in the output below? Center and axis have duplicate points in them. I've been thinking for so long now, and still can't figur...
[8 replies] Last: Example output: Creating random Point. Creating random Rectangle. Cre... (by Enoizat)
by aligh
Difference and relation between char * and char * []

I'm having trouble to understand the difference between the following two types: char * name {"Ahmed"}; and char * names {"Ahmed", "Kevin", "Susan"...
[9 replies] Last: They both generate data in memory, {h,e,l,l,o,/0}. The fundamental dif... (by divya123divya)
by Qikee
help what to do with std::map , std::isalnum

I got some tips to use std::map , std:isalnum. But I dont know how to use them can anyone help me and explain me better how and when to use them ? #inclu...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you very much Andy , you are a very great person (by Qikee)
Question about heap memory in class

Hi all, I have used Node* new() inside my List class. How can I delete it inside the Node class itself to avoid leakage. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostre...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks indeed for the comments! Yes, right, I need to get myself to t... (by hopeman)
by kenken
File I/O beginner

Hello guys. I am learn c++ on my own so i have quite a few questions. I appreciate all the helps from you guys. Today i have another question. Is the practice o...
[2 replies] Last: Is the practice of associating two different ifstream object to a fil... (by Duthomhas)
Expected a Declaration Line 91

Expected a Declaration Line 73* its 73 when I paste it here Where did I miss a declare/return0; It is highlighting a line with a { #include "stdafx.h" #includ...
[1 reply] : int calculateNumCopies(int intenrollment, char RorS, char Noro); // ... (by helios)
Very simple C++ help NEEEDED PLZ

Im a freshman in college and am taking ITP100 and this is our first assignment so i want to get it right can someone plz help. Question is below "Design a pr...
[1 reply] : if YOU want to get it right, YOU have to code it. Give it a try, ask f... (by jonnin)
by sparki
Not getting the right output

Sorry for the numerous posts I made. As I'm new to C++, I really do need help. Hope you will understand. The center test failed to get the correct output but I ...
[10 replies] Last: hello can you help me? my output for standard derivation is incorrect.... (by aten98)
May 2019 Pages: 1234... 16
  Archived months: [apr2019] [jun2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.