Beginners - November 2012 (Page 2)

by sirc89
Structures(struct) as Function Arguments

Okay I need help completing this assignment: ******************************************************************************* A sample data file is provide...
[no replies]
by SCozzi
Taking numbers from txt storing as int

Hey guys, I've been looking around for a while and can't seem to find anything useful. I'm trying to get my program to take data from a text file and store them...
[11 replies] Last: The code you posted wouldn't work if your file looked like this, thoug... (by m4ster r0shi)
Nobody wants to help?

Been playing around with it, I got the errors to go away but my if else statements aren't working correctly. no matter what the final score is, it goes with the...
[6 replies] Last: Yupp! Appreciate it!! (by sean903)
making a void function to reverse the order of a .txt file input by the user

how do you use a void function to reverse the order of a .txt file then print it out? I just need to see and example of a void reverse_order function The user...
[4 replies] Last: how do you read it into a vector (by cookimnstr123)
Question meaning

As this just a exercise question just want to get some understanding Create a template of function and how to use this replace and erase in string thi...
[4 replies] Last: i dont understand your second question. but you can find all the info... (by Darkmaster)
by butlej
How to create Nested Loop *REALLY NEED HELP*

Hey guys, I'm a uni student new to programming so I only know the basics. Basically I have to create a nested loop in my program so once the user has entered th...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you! (by butlej)
Learning Arrays

I need help with the loop of my array program. The point of the program is to ask a user for a certain number of integers and then read that number of integers ...
[7 replies] Last: you only check 2 elements there, not the whole array also you dont che... (by Darkmaster)
Getting large numbers as output

I'm trying to finish up my program, but I'm getting very large numbers as the output for the averages after running the program. This program takes data from th...
[7 replies] Last: I wouldn't average the rows in the loop you're averaging the rows. Co... (by cire)
isn't the void function here is wrong?

#include<iostream> using namespace std; void main() { int x = {4,2,8,9,3,12,5,0,14,1}; int count = 0, largest = 0; while (count !...
[1 reply] : return 0 with void does this look correct to you? (by Darkmaster)
by maroun
enum

Hello, Is it possible to create an enum inside an enum ?? if yes please give an example !! thank u !! :)
[2 replies] Last: no, enums can't have more than 1 dimension. you can use several enums... (by Darkmaster)
by ab123
reference to array

Can some one tell me what does the following line mean? const Array<int>& abc; then I want to assign abc = foo->get_array() where get_array() returns me a c...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! :) That helped. (by ab123)
by alext
The console prints with weird spacing?

Hi, in a school-assingment I'm trying to print out movie titels and type (blueray or dvd) from an array. But when it prints the spacing of the text gets prett...
[1 reply] : getline(cin, filmer .name) >> filmer .name; First you read a line an... (by Peter87)
Multiply using the shift‐add.

I need to build a C++ function that forces the processor to multiply using the shift‐add. The multiplication code must be done in assembly, but I can use the...
[no replies]
loop for partually filling an array and returning the number filled ?

I have an array of structures and user input for thr number of elements that will be added, I think I whould then return that number as I am using it in all oth...
[no replies]
by butlej
While/Nested loops

Hey guys I'm a uni student and I'm new to programming, I've never ever used loops before and I've been asked to create a programme where the user the user types...
[no replies]
by gtim
how can separate the date from input file into arrays?

how can read the date saprate from input file into 4 dynamically arrays without the '/' the input file is like : 2 // the size of file shoa say/1111/2...
[1 reply] : If your compiler is recent enough and supports C++11 well enough, I su... (by Catfish3)
What kind of pure c++ code without an API could communicate with hardware?

could i create a program that could say switch on and off my keyboard led? Im going to approach network programming, i have looked at qt, win sockets, boost r...
[7 replies] Last: That's right, the sockets API is a nice way to understand what goes be... (by gomesrod)
deleting vector

void Person::SearchDelete(int numDelAccount) { for (unsigned int i=0; i < accounts.size(); i++) { if(accounts ->getaccountNumber()==numDelAccount) ...
[2 replies] Last: This seems to of worked, it has a little issue if it is trying to dele... (by LiamSalt)
by zyhsu1
arrar and copy files

Dear sir: I have a sequence image files: from box0001.jpg to box0015.jpg, I want to cut box0001.jpg - box0009.jpg to a folder(C:/box1/), and cut box0011.jpg...
[5 replies] Last: Dear catfish3: Thanks! This is a big help! Best ze-Yi Hsu (by zyhsu1)
helpe me please

i use Linux MINT and i don't know how use VI on mode 'insertion'
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vi+tutorial (by kbw)
November 2012 Pages: 1234... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.