Beginners - November 2012 (Page 2)

Programming Isola(Game) -PLease help with errors!!

Heres what I have so far: bool valid_location(string location) // checks to make sure the strin...
[no replies]
Inheritance + Arrays

Hi! I've made my program running, but as soon as I try to create my object, it crashes. It looks s...
[3 replies] Last: OH. MY. GOD. That one letter. Thank you very much! (by Malegria)
SegFault Problem

In my computer science class, we were to take the following .txt file and arrange it so that it take...
[15 replies] Last: @ KennethQ: there is a lot of room left for improvement. For instanc... (by Catfish3)
java to c++ conversion

Someone please help me with this code its in java and I only know c++ please convert this for me or ...
[1 reply] : This is trivial even if you've never dealed with Java. You hardly need... (by Athar)
Calling functions

When I run the programme and Select Option B then A it does not call the function member_dimensions(...
[no replies]
Shutdown using code ?

How to shut down windows using a c++ program ...? (i.e. a program that ,when executed shuts down th...
[6 replies] Last: yes it helps me.. ;) thanx (by Pterodactyl)
function vs macro

What is the difference between an inline function and a macro.What I know is both of them expand and...
[no replies]
getting entire line to read from a file.

Hello, I have a program I am trying to run that allows me to read in a question from a file and then...
[2 replies] Last: The >> operator only reads the first word. Apparently you want to read... (by toum)
G++ error undefined reference

this is the second time i have had this issue when passing values to and from my functions so i am c...
[no replies]
logical error entering while

I am attempting to enter a while loop but for some reason my logic is off. It enters the loop exact...
[4 replies] Last: ahhh seee im dumb im so used to wanting to enter the loop with the val... (by jumperkid400)
Is there a way to get a list of class members programmatically?

Is there a way to get a list of class members programmatically?
[1 reply] : No. (by firedraco)
by sirc89
C-Strings

#include <fstream> // for ifstream #include <iostream> // for cin, cout and cerr #include <string...
[3 replies] Last: got it needs to be if (str != "\n") (by sirc89)
by sirc89
Structures(struct) as Function Arguments

Okay I need help completing this assignment: **************************************************...
[no replies]
by SCozzi
Taking numbers from txt storing as int

Hey guys, I've been looking around for a while and can't seem to find anything useful. I'm trying to...
[11 replies] Last: The code you posted wouldn't work if your file looked like this, thoug... (by m4ster r0shi)
Nobody wants to help?

Been playing around with it, I got the errors to go away but my if else statements aren't working co...
[6 replies] Last: Yupp! Appreciate it!! (by sean903)
making a void function to reverse the order of a .txt file input by the user

how do you use a void function to reverse the order of a .txt file then print it out? I just need t...
[4 replies] Last: how do you read it into a vector (by cookimnstr123)
Question meaning

As this just a exercise question just want to get some understanding Create a template of func...
[4 replies] Last: i dont understand your second question. but you can find all the info... (by Darkmaster)
by butlej
How to create Nested Loop *REALLY NEED HELP*

Hey guys, I'm a uni student new to programming so I only know the basics. Basically I have to create...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you! (by butlej)
Learning Arrays

I need help with the loop of my array program. The point of the program is to ask a user for a certa...
[7 replies] Last: you only check 2 elements there, not the whole array also you dont che... (by Darkmaster)
November 2012 Pages: 1234... 74
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.