Beginners - November 2012 (Page 3)

Array Counting Integers

I am trying to figure out how to make the code below count the number of integers entered. My given conditions are for me to make it repeat until the number 10 ...
[13 replies] Last: You could use an array of ten integers, each one will hold the count o... (by Chervil)
Why is my code quitting?

When I enter "1" as the input for num_movies my code exits. Any ideas why? ~Henry void time_read(double arr , int i, string movie ); int main() { int i(...
[2 replies] Last: Henry, It exits because you're initialising i to 0 in your main fun... (by MikeyBoy)
by jimm78
help with robot movement

in this program the figure is supposed to move left and right but the legs move faster when moving left, i can't figure out whats wrong. my code, #include <...
[4 replies] Last: somethings gone wrong! i dont know what i did but now the robot moves ... (by jimm78)
Data Types - Ip - what holds it?

Hey guys so I am wanting people to be able to input an Ip. Though I can't seem to get a data type to hold an Ip. I want to be able to do something like this. ...
[1 reply] : you need to #include <string> in order to use it: #include <iostream> ... (by coder777)
using input and output files

thank you.
[1 reply] : You read and write to different files. Input "assign5data .text " vs.... (by coder777)
Modularity implementation ..?

How is modularity implemented in c++ ?
[1 reply] : a module is a compiler unit: An implementation file (cpp) or a library... (by coder777)
by nasser
need help

hi i want to make a simple calculater on c++ can any one help me i'm using visual c++ 2010 express
[4 replies] Last: of course there is always the famous stroustrop calculator (by Aramil of Elixia)
Creating variable -in runtime

Okay, so is it possible to take an input (a string) from the user ,have him select a datatype .. and then create a variable of that datatype of that name(the...
[5 replies] Last: haha...no thnxx ! I prefer to keep my sanity first :) (by closed account z0XLy60M)
Deleting a vector object

I am currently trying to implement a delete function within my system, to allow my to delete an account from within the account vector array and I am unable to ...
[1 reply] : You have headers here I don't have access to, so I can't run your code... (by HellfireXP)
Destructor overloading ?

Like a constructor ... Can a destructor be overloaded ? Pls give reasons too...
[7 replies] Last: coder777, hmmm ...what exactly could be the use of that ...? making it... (by closed account z0XLy60M)
Making my program colorful, literally.

Okay , so I got a school project due. It's about supermarket billing, (You can enter products (as admin) , choose from a list to buy em see what the cost is ...
[5 replies] Last: It's "thunde-" no 'r'... ;p n thnx :) (by closed account z0XLy60M)
Merge Sort Using Getlines

Hey everyone, I'm having issues with conceptualizing the sort function that I will need for my program. I am able to read both "data1.txt" and "data2.txt" i...
[10 replies] Last: After playing around with the code some more, I was finally able to fi... (by zeta4321)
Tic-Tac-Toe - Detecting a "tie" error

Everything seems to be working fine unless the game ends in a tie (all tic-tac-toe squares are filled and no one has won the game). Can someone take a look at ...
[2 replies] Last: DOH... What a noob mistake. :p Got it fixed, thanks! :D (by HellfireXP)
Private Attributes

I know a child class cannot directly use the private attributes of the parent class. Is there a way that it could still make use of them indirectly?
[2 replies] Last: Thanks fire, that was what I was thinking!! (by dudeman007)
Viruses: DIY..?!

For purely ethical and educational purposes... How does in c++ language, does a virus work ..? How to make one on my own..?
[9 replies] Last: @thundeman If you're looking to understand how certain pieces of choi... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Grading PRogram

I'm having trouble, I don't know how to exit main and end the program if the user is exempt the first time. Also I have to make the program determine the best g...
[11 replies] Last: your testing against int's. you need to add .0 on the end to the condi... (by Aramil of Elixia)
A push in the right direction..

Alright, i'm quite new to c++ and having some trouble with an assignment. Just looking for any advice or a push in the right direction. I'm quite confused about...
[no replies]
Calling Different Variables Inside For Loop

So I'm working on a program and I want to fill up anywhere from 1-6 arrays based on the user's desire. My thought is to prompt the user for how many arrays they...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, that's great! Can't believe I didn't think of that we just discus... (by HenryLewis91)
Still working on it

Still trying to get this game to work, sorry if it's getting old. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int Awakening(); int CenterCleari...
[10 replies] Last: Okay... Whatever you have to do, I guess... Is there still a problem... (by KyleMiles)
Scale generator

Hi guys, my assignment says to create a c++ program that will allow the user to play the chromatic scale or the major scale. The user should be able to select t...
[1 reply] : Not really sure what it is you want your program to do, but in your fo... (by Scorpic)
November 2012 Pages: 12345... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.