Beginners - November 2012 (Page 4)

Getting conversion error when trying to open ofstream

Hello, I have this bit of code ofstream infoFile; infoFile.open(".masterpassword/" + username + ".mpdat", ios::out); username is a string. When I r...
[1 reply] : Can't do this. "STRING A" + stringtype + "STRING B". Try string("... (by blueberry)
Not displaying counters correctly

Hello I'm VERY new to C++. This is supposed to display all the values of a person being paid .01 cent a day for the amount of days you input. the value of the s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You So Much! that was driving me crazy :) I'm determined to g... (by Acs1994)
G++ error undefined reference

I looked at a bunch of the stackoverflow question already answered about this but they all seem to be dealing with header files and multiple .cpp files in one c...
[2 replies] Last: Undefined reference means that you haven't defined how a function shou... (by Volatile Pulse)
Helping Filling and Printing a 2D Array

I was assigned a project to create a magic square. If anybody is not familiar with that, it is where each row, column, and both diagnosis sum to the same number...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for helping me out. I had a lab that went long today and... (by molecularman)
I need a Starting Point

Hello, i've been reading this C++ book from Alex Allain , and i've come to the point where im supposed to figure out an algorithm which i really am having troub...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Dexterr, Are you just beginning C++? If so, I would like to help ... (by LilHunch)
by carl89
Help With TiC Tac Toe

Hi GUys, I've to Make a Tic Tac Toe game this are the things i need to add in it. This is a game that computer play with it self.but 1)first ask for two user...
[3 replies] Last: Have you read any of the other posts here yet? I'm sure I just read... (by Incis B)
Problem with File I/O using Nested For Loops

I'm trying to read the first and last names, and six separate scores out of an input text file for seven different individuals (see attached 'input.txt' with fa...
[1 reply] : Please ignore the "//float sum" 's, I was just trying to use those to ... (by jvesley)
what is raii and functors and how do i utilize these in order to become the greatest programmer in the world

im downloading the boost library now, i dont know why i think i will succeed in installing its complicated ass but apparently the secret is to learn a library a...
[4 replies] Last: RAII is a poor name for when you deallocate resources in the destructo... (by Catfish3)
Help with overloading operators

I am having trouble with my homework for my programming class. This is what I need to do: Coordinates have the form (x, y, z) Use double variables to ...
[4 replies] Last: im not using if for this "Temple" person, and i was asking how to use ... (by vahn0100)
help needed asap for c++ program

Hey guys, i need your help asap(now) to complete this program!Thanks A Second degree polynomial in X given by the expression Ax^2 +Bx +c , where a,b and c ...
[1 reply] : What problems are you running into? Happy to help you along but it isn... (by Scorpic)
cctype manipulation logic error

My end goal is to write a program that only prints the letters in a string. through testing i found that digit will equal 0 when it is a letter (as i expected)...
[no replies]
Get substring from a string?

I need to write a simple function that gets a three character string segment from the parent string. char string = "Hello, my name is..."; I need to get some...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, cout << Derivated or cout >> Derivated i just don't know whi... (by S G H)
Array program Crashing

Hi there! I have neared finishing my program but every time it outputs all the names, I get an error 'a.exe has stopped working'. Can someone tell me what exact...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your help! Got everything working correctly! (by Blixamarkham)
void function to reverse the order of a .txt file

how do you use a void function to reverse the order of a .txt file then print it out? I just need to see and example of a void reverse_order function
[no replies]
Please Help

I have to write a code that will read an array from a file and output the array along with the mean, median, standard deviation and what not. I can not get this...
[9 replies] Last: //Function the finds the standard deviation double Deviation(int se... (by Lukeman28)
English to pig latin program help

Hey everyone. I am trying to get a program working to convert an English sentence into a pig latin sentence. I don't have much right now but I have little to go...
[3 replies] Last: updated version: #include<iostream> //need to: remove period and c... (by mnplus1556)
Progress bar

how to program the progress bar?
[5 replies] Last: How to Use Progress Bar Controls (Windows) http://msdn.microsoft.com/e... (by andywestken)
the " character

everytime i try to do the hello world text i can't get the symbol (") to come up. i have an english (uk) keyboard runnin 64bit windows 7 home premium how can i ...
[10 replies] Last: Just press the key to get the Colon ":" without pressing shift to get ... (by Adiminium)
by nuttes
cyclic right shift

Please, help to write a function that returns the number, obtained from integer x, in which, starting from p position, cyclically shifted n bits to the right. ...
[1 reply] : What do you mean by starting from p position ? Is it a simple shift ... (by toum)
Problem with math in code

Hello, im having problems with my code. Everything works besides it calculating a percent of the total votes. This is what the book says to input Johnson 5000...
[2 replies] Last: It must be my computer or something because it still doesnt work for m... (by closed account z8q4izwU)
November 2012 Pages: 123456... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.