Beginners - November 2012 (Page 4)

Creating variable -in runtime

Okay, so is it possible to take an input (a string) from the user ,have him select a datatype .. ...
[5 replies] Last: haha...no thnxx ! I prefer to keep my sanity first :) (by closed account z0XLy60M)
Deleting a vector object

I am currently trying to implement a delete function within my system, to allow my to delete an acco...
[1 reply] : You have headers here I don't have access to, so I can't run your code... (by HellfireXP)
Destructor overloading ?

Like a constructor ... Can a destructor be overloaded ? Pls give reasons too...
[7 replies] Last: coder777, hmmm ...what exactly could be the use of that ...? making it... (by closed account z0XLy60M)
Making my program colorful, literally.

Okay , so I got a school project due. It's about supermarket billing, (You can enter products (as...
[5 replies] Last: It's "thunde-" no 'r'... ;p n thnx :) (by closed account z0XLy60M)
Merge Sort Using Getlines

Hey everyone, I'm having issues with conceptualizing the sort function that I will need for my pr...
[10 replies] Last: After playing around with the code some more, I was finally able to fi... (by zeta4321)
Tic-Tac-Toe - Detecting a "tie" error

Everything seems to be working fine unless the game ends in a tie (all tic-tac-toe squares are fille...
[2 replies] Last: DOH... What a noob mistake. :p Got it fixed, thanks! :D (by HellfireXP)
Private Attributes

I know a child class cannot directly use the private attributes of the parent class. Is there a way...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks fire, that was what I was thinking!! (by dudeman007)
Viruses: DIY..?!

For purely ethical and educational purposes... How does in c++ language, does a virus work ..? H...
[9 replies] Last: @thundeman If you're looking to understand how certain pieces of choi... (by Luke Leber)
Grading PRogram

I'm having trouble, I don't know how to exit main and end the program if the user is exempt the firs...
[11 replies] Last: your testing against int's. you need to add .0 on the end to the condi... (by Aramil of Elixia)
A push in the right direction..

Alright, i'm quite new to c++ and having some trouble with an assignment. Just looking for any advic...
[no replies]
Calling Different Variables Inside For Loop

So I'm working on a program and I want to fill up anywhere from 1-6 arrays based on the user's desir...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, that's great! Can't believe I didn't think of that we just discus... (by HenryLewis91)
Still working on it

Still trying to get this game to work, sorry if it's getting old. #include <iostream> #include <st...
[10 replies] Last: Okay... Whatever you have to do, I guess... Is there still a problem... (by KyleMiles)
Scale generator

Hi guys, my assignment says to create a c++ program that will allow the user to play the chromatic s...
[1 reply] : Not really sure what it is you want your program to do, but in your fo... (by Scorpic)
Getting conversion error when trying to open ofstream

Hello, I have this bit of code ofstream infoFile; infoFile.open(".masterpassword/" + username...
[1 reply] : Can't do this. "STRING A" + stringtype + "STRING B". Try string("... (by blueberry)
Not displaying counters correctly

Hello I'm VERY new to C++. This is supposed to display all the values of a person being paid .01 cen...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You So Much! that was driving me crazy :) I'm determined to g... (by Acs1994)
G++ error undefined reference

I looked at a bunch of the stackoverflow question already answered about this but they all seem to b...
[2 replies] Last: Undefined reference means that you haven't defined how a function shou... (by Volatile Pulse)
Helping Filling and Printing a 2D Array

I was assigned a project to create a magic square. If anybody is not familiar with that, it is where...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for helping me out. I had a lab that went long today and... (by molecularman)
I need a Starting Point

Hello, i've been reading this C++ book from Alex Allain , and i've come to the point where im suppos...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Dexterr, Are you just beginning C++? If so, I would like to help ... (by LilHunch)
by carl89
Help With TiC Tac Toe

Hi GUys, I've to Make a Tic Tac Toe game this are the things i need to add in it. This is a game t...
[3 replies] Last: Have you read any of the other posts here yet? I'm sure I just read... (by Incis B)
Problem with File I/O using Nested For Loops

I'm trying to read the first and last names, and six separate scores out of an input text file for s...
[1 reply] : Please ignore the "//float sum" 's, I was just trying to use those to ... (by jvesley)
November 2012 Pages: 123456... 74
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.