Beginners - November 2012 (Page 5)

by sabi20
Dynamically creating an array of structures

Dynamically create an array of Student structures as declared below to store the student data from the file. There are 10 students and each student has five gra...
[5 replies] Last: so how would i access each of the fives grades for each student, thats... (by sabi20)
I'm so new.

Alright guys I want to get into prgramming, but i've never done anything even close to it, and i don't know what program to use. Tried downloading from the offi...
[2 replies] Last: I would reccomend using this IDE called Code::Blocks Its Free, Updated... (by Adiminium)
(needs assistance)Mastermind calling functions and counting

Below is my code I am stuck right now in between my functions and I'm not sure how to count up how many are in the right place and how many of the number are r...
[no replies]
Computer Guessing game

So I'm supposed to make a program where you think of a number and the computer tries to guess it. However, it seems to be getting stuck in an infinite loop and ...
[9 replies] Last: "Hello World" at this point is more traditional. Every language I've ... (by HellfireXP)
NEED HELP ASAP!

#include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; // GLOBAL CONSTANTS double highestsales; double northeast; double southeast; double no...
[2 replies] Last: You display "highestsales" before computing it. First, assign highests... (by toum)
A problem with final program.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int function(int*, int); int function2(int*, int); int main () { int* a; int* b; int...
[1 reply] : Your function function() does not return anything. Besides, you can't ... (by toum)
need assistance with getting data and putting it into output

I'm very new, not exactly sure what i'm doing, it compiles but crashes when I input the file name, before i changed it to this it wasnt printing out the content...
[1 reply] : I think my problem is in the main, getData, or printOne... or all (by cookimnstr123)
Image posterization resembling Obama's Hope Campaign

In my computer science 120 course, our professor gave us a project in which we have to render an image to resemble Obama's "hope" poster, where the image is pos...
[8 replies] Last: you didnt help much. I helped, I just didn't write it for you.... (by toum)
Cannot access public constant member variable in main

Hello everyone, My code is something like this: class Base { ... } class Derived : public Base { public: const int SOME_VAL; // which is initialized later...
[10 replies] Last: You're welcome :) (by MikeyBoy)
by Dery
Can you help me about flowcharts?

Hello, Can someone send a tutorial/or explain how to create flowchart?
[no replies]
using arrays to store and retrieve multiple info from file HELP NEEDED PLEASE! :(

the program does not sort all the information into its respective variable array. and for some reason when i run the program and select option 1 by pressin'1' i...
[1 reply] : Contents of " Data.txt ": November24,Tunapuna-Piarco,r,3000.00,2500.... (by chikaibeneme)
by landog
reference class object within a class

This doesn't seem to work, it gives an error "incomplete type not allowed": class Joe { int length; int value ; Joe nextJoe; } I'm ...
[6 replies] Last: To go back to the original question - the definition of Joe is incompl... (by MikeyBoy)
Pointer function to member function of pointer to class

Hello all! I have been experimenting with function pointers, and have run into a problem. I was planning on using them as handlers for a button class. The guide...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both, I had the arguments out of order as well as not unders... (by lfnunley)
no of lines in file..

I need a program in c++ that counts the number of lines in a given text file... idk how to even begin... Pls help...and explain too. :)
[7 replies] Last: I'm giving you this because you do not sound like a programming studen... (by SamuelAdams)
How do i find the average???? please help

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int mn,mx; const int Numb = 10; int a ; //10 elements cout<<"Enter 10 values:"; //prompts user ...
[11 replies] Last: Im getting a redicously big number. Scorpic's code should work. Unl... (by Catfish3)
by r11692
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone help? I did write up a code, but my teacher doesnt like the way I went about the program because I did not use the proper headers. Does anyonone kn...
[no replies]
classes and inheritance, aggregation and composition

You are required to give C++ implementation of following classes: 1. PropertyPortal 2. PropertyType 3. Commercial 4. Residential Following is the descript...
[5 replies] Last: great work broo (by Ameen Badshah)
Help creating class objects (1,2)

The code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Row { public: int nLength; Row(); Row(int length) { this->nLength = length; } ...
[20 replies] Last: Syntactically, the name of an array is interchangeable with a pointer ... (by MikeyBoy)
by lyla
I can't get the it to output correctly! Please help

When it compiles I am able to enter the name but not the GPA or Major. It skips over them so that the user can't enter data. And then it displays the correct na...
[10 replies] Last: Ok I think your going to fast through the steps. Trying going back to ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Appending char arrays

I have a 2d char array of 10 rows * 10 columns, which I would like to put into a 1d char array. I need to display 10 rows, some of them will have less than 10 c...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys! I appear to have made the silly mistake of thinking that... (by Ozymandias0)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.