Beginners - November 2012 (Page 71)

Sentinel/Count Controlled loop problem

Hello all this is my first post. I'm working on a homework assignment with the following parameters. 1. Piecework Workers are paid by the piece. Often wo...
[no replies]
C++ getline from File not working

I was assigned an assignment where we use c-string commands to manipulate the chars. That's not the problem though, my professor said that we wouldn't really ne...
[1 reply] : Think I'm going to go ahead and go with the dynamic array anyways. But... (by raines883)
Problem with if-else statement. MY PROGRAM IS DUE AT 11:59pm CST!!

I am having trouble with one requirement for my program. Here it is: "Your program will continue asking for the sales until the user types a negative number ...
[2 replies] Last: It worked great AND the deadline was extended! Thank you very very muc... (by mwingard)
Why does my program hangs?

Can anyone please help? Whenever I input the first coordinate of x pt1, my program just hangs. The code is below.. Shape // shape.h #include <string> ...
[4 replies] Last: Could you please guide me and show me an example? I'm new to c++ (by b1b2b3b4)
Using strings in multiple functions

I'm coding a game, and I need strings to work in all of my functions. /* INCLUSIONS */ #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> /* D...
[no replies]
by G3PO
Writing Function Definitions (Checking Correctness)

Just a few short questions. I'm writing two function definitions, but I'm not quite clear as to what that means. The first one is writing a function definition ...
[4 replies] Last: How about you test these with actual data. Did you do that already? (by Chervil)
Using Classes - Error Problems

I am overloading another operator and am getting an error message that I understand, it's message is clear, but I am not sure how to remedy the issue. Here is ...
[5 replies] Last: I finally understood what both of you were saying - it was simply a ma... (by badkaykay)
Friend class can't find it's friend - No such file or directory

Hey all I created two classes, Student and Course. They are friend classes. Each class has fields of the other class, meaning: Student has a field vector ...
[2 replies] Last: Actually it didn't seem to be the problem, but after I moved all the #... (by achieven)
How to display top ten words

I need to display the top ten words that the program reads from the file. but I have no idea how to start printing the top ten words and tell the user how many...
[6 replies] Last: ohh okay, I got it! thanks AbstractionAnon! (by fahrishb)
runtime error

why m i getting runtime error in the code http://ideone.com/Hi5ENf ? the array is very small!!!
[4 replies] Last: ¿detailed logic? ¿where? I traced the code through using a debugg... (by Chervil)
Visual Studio: Internal Headers

Hey everyone, I decided to try Visual Studio as I have a free license via university. I normally programm C++ in a unix environment using the gnu compiler. I...
[1 reply] : the lecturer told us that it is good practice to use both an external... (by Moschops)
how can i call an objects function from within a function

so i have a class with a function, my object now has this function that i could call, how could i call that from within a function? class rabbits ...
[12 replies] Last: you know cire i was thinking that there was a problem because i had to... (by devonrevenge)
by asdfgh
calender program help *

hello i need help with my programming class(high school) i have most of the code but i cant manage to put the pieces in the right places. the program is to make...
[4 replies] Last: You were asked to use code tags when posting code. You need to sp... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to retrieve and then add

Im trying to retrieve the txt file workers.txt and leave the information on the file that is already stored on it, then add some more information to it. However...
[2 replies] Last: Excellent! Thanks Moschops. Heres the code for anyone that didn't unde... (by Showdon)
passing 2d array into functions by ref

http://ideone.com/anGLHs m not able to correct the mistakes in passing array by reference to a func. plz help!
[5 replies] Last: thnx (by vgoel38)
why my time is error ? help help help

//this coding is need to user enter detail.. after that, to put the password.. if password is correct, the program will show the detail.. but if the password wr...
[2 replies] Last: Well, the program seems to compile. But there is a great deal wrong wi... (by Chervil)
by mm4rs0
Usage of Bignum Libraries

Hey, I have a factorial program, and I need to use Bignum libraries, but I can't figure them out. It would be awesome if somebody could help out. Here's my co...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=Chervil]The library does seem to work, but takes forever to act... (by Chervil)
What's wrong?

string GLOBAL_arrayInventory ; int GLOBAL_intItemNumber = 0; void addItem(string); addItem(GLOBAL_tempNewItem); // BEGIN ADD ITEM ...
[3 replies] Last: Now when I run an inventory check with more than one item in the inven... (by trynreadme)
Help with overloading functions

hey there, this is my code and I need help figuring why im getting an error: //fraction.h #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; clas...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah you're correct, my bad. I'm thinking of operator += which does m... (by Moeljbcp)
pointers

Assume the following C variable declaration int *A ; I have a doubt whether A is valid or not??
[1 reply] : Well it depends on what is at A . For instance, the following would b... (by shacktar)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 6970717273... 75
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.