Beginners - November 2012 (Page 71)

Looking for Help: fstream objects, .getline(), and strings

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of an issue. I'll just show you my code. const string EQUAL40 = str...
[4 replies] Last: Both fstream and iostream are included. Sorry, I should have been mo... (by kuriolis)
Need help - map elements

I can't seem to find why my code doesn't compile. If someone can take a look at it and help me corre...
[3 replies] Last: Alright thanks that solved my problem. (by foodyore)
My code cannot read what's in the file

When I open the file in my code, it does not seem to be able to read anything that's in it. I used ...
[no replies]
how are ADTs useful?

I am a total beginner at C++ and I recently came across ADTs in polymorphism. Now, to professional p...
[2 replies] Last: ohhh so it makes things easier? (by MinwooJu)
Reading data from a text file into arrays

The program I'm working on is reading the data from a text file, and is supposed to read them into t...
[no replies]
by noo1
Calculate Stock Value using an inline function

I am soooo lost. Please help me. I have to write a program which uses an inline function calculate...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you both so very much!!! (by noo1)
by skarla
i need someone.

wHO can teach me hooks and can help me to make a keylloger.
[1 reply] : Dalai Lama can. (by hekri)
Sequential file data to function

I need to read an external sequential file then use that data in a functions that will calculate tax...
[no replies]
reading data into a vector

So im having a bit of trouble figuring out the second part of this code. This first part just create...
[1 reply] : You aren't using a std::vector, just a dynamic array. http://www.cp... (by Lowest0ne)
How to make Value Returning function

I keep getting an error that says "lowest is being used without being initialized". I understand wh...
[8 replies] Last: I just figured it out. I never actually opened the file in the functi... (by Reynolds773)
difference between math and math.h

What is the difference between math and math.h. I check some compilers use and .h extension and othe...
[1 reply] : math.h is a C header. math is something I've never heard of in th... (by Moschops)
Calculating Standard Deviation

I'm having a problem calculating the standard deviation of an array. I'm using numbers 1,2,3,4,5 ...
[3 replies] Last: What is the point of arrayDev being an array? It seems like you could... (by freddy92)
Problem with nested do while loop.

Okay, so the premise is a shopping program with three different calculators in it. Im having a pr...
[1 reply] : You declared the char option twice. Once on line 16 and once in the me... (by Raezzor)
Sentinel/Count Controlled loop problem

Hello all this is my first post. I'm working on a homework assignment with the following parameters...
[no replies]
C++ getline from File not working

I was assigned an assignment where we use c-string commands to manipulate the chars. That's not the ...
[1 reply] : Think I'm going to go ahead and go with the dynamic array anyways. But... (by raines883)
Problem with if-else statement. MY PROGRAM IS DUE AT 11:59pm CST!!

I am having trouble with one requirement for my program. Here it is: "Your program will continue ...
[2 replies] Last: It worked great AND the deadline was extended! Thank you very very muc... (by mwingard)
Why does my program hangs?

Can anyone please help? Whenever I input the first coordinate of x pt1, my program just hangs. Th...
[4 replies] Last: Could you please guide me and show me an example? I'm new to c++ (by b1b2b3b4)
Using strings in multiple functions

I'm coding a game, and I need strings to work in all of my functions. /* INCLUSIONS */ #inc...
[no replies]
by G3PO
Writing Function Definitions (Checking Correctness)

Just a few short questions. I'm writing two function definitions, but I'm not quite clear as to what...
[4 replies] Last: How about you test these with actual data. Did you do that already? (by Chervil)
Using Classes - Error Problems

I am overloading another operator and am getting an error message that I understand, it's message is...
[5 replies] Last: I finally understood what both of you were saying - it was simply a ma... (by badkaykay)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 697071727374
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.