Beginners - November 2012 (Page 74)

Longest held Rule

Hi Everyone I done a project in C++ where I have to deal with stocks buying and selling in stock exchange. In question, they have asked that when calculating t...
[no replies]
whats wrong with this coding ??? help me!!

got a few failed.. but i dont know how to know what it is.. help me please #include <iostream> using namespace std; void main() { char User_Name ;...
[2 replies] Last: It's hard to understand the meaning (or even the intended meaning) of ... (by Chervil)
Factorial problem

Hey guys, I'm making a program that takes an input and chucks out the factorial result. Now the program just chucks out what i put into it when i input 5 when...
[13 replies] Last: oh damn forgot the ' '. it has to hit one so the user can make a selec... (by Aalnius)
Functios

Can someone help me out, am practising functions I first did the program bellow without functions and it worked fine then I redid it by introducing functions wh...
[8 replies] Last: @Zereo thanks a lot. Can you tell me? if I have cin two variables in f... (by hombakazij)
Unresolved External

This is the specific error: Error 4 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "double __cdecl getMedian(...
[2 replies] Last: You're right!! Thanks, I feel so stupid (: (by Sunny101)
Passing vs returning a class object

I can't seem to grasp when to choose which method to populate a class object. Why would I choose one of the following ways of creating a class object and ass...
[2 replies] Last: Why would I choose one of the following ways of creating a class obje... (by helios)
Error: invalid conversion from `char*' to `char'

I'm writing a program that converts a roman numeral to a decimal value. On line 28, I get an error that says: invalid conversion from `char*' to `char'. // Ro...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! That got rid of that error. Although, now it`s s... (by stefflera)
WHAT IS GOING ON.

My brain doesn't seem to be working right now. I have no idea what the hell I am doing wrong, this is just a part of a code I am trying to figure out #inclu...
[4 replies] Last: better version of convertion of temperature // Convertion of degree C... (by princesslumy)
Singly Linked List

Can anyone help me? I want to insert data before head. example : 3 4 5 I want insert 2 before 3,,but I get an error in C++ program. This is my script...
[2 replies] Last: may be, this can help you http://faishalmovic13.wordpress.com/2012/11/... (by faishalmovic13)
Shift Operator Queue

Hey Guys, I'm sorry before. I don't know about Shift Operator. I got task to write a program using queue for Shift Operator. This is example from my lectu...
[2 replies] Last: you can see my blog http://faishalmovic13.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/pro... (by faishalmovic13)
by rm214
Always 1 thing that doesn't work.

So I am working with arrays and the idea is that the function finds the element in the array (I need to test this function taken out of a larger program)of the ...
[no replies]
Sequential file access

So i'm trying to create a program that will read a file "Workers.txt" and read the numbers from it then write 3 additional employee idnumbers, hourly rate, and ...
[1 reply] : You have to create ofstream object to write into a file. say ofstream ... (by vichu8888)
polymorphism

i can not understand this.please help me.
[1 reply] : Which part? (by LB)
by Sh0
Getting all file names in current directory

Hey all, just wondering if you could give me a hand figuring our directories in c++. Basically what I plan on making is a program that will ask you which pro...
[2 replies] Last: My mistake, going off of: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa36... (by Sh0)
File open in array

how do i get a file to open its content into my array. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> #include <fstream> using namespace std; co...
[no replies]
Standard deviation

for i=0 to arraySize-1 sum = sum + (arrayVal - ave)^2 standDev = sqrt((1.0/arraySize)*sum) Anyone know what the second sum would represent
[no replies]
String Object from iostream to stdio.h issue

--EDITED QUESTION-- Hi there I'm new to this forum and c++. I'm working through a c++ book that uses purely iostream examples, and I've been told to only use st...
[no replies]
How to set size on an array post compile

Hello, I'm new to this website and I am pretty excited to be a part of this community now. I am taking my second course in c++ right now and I have this pro...
[5 replies] Last: An array's length must be constant and known during a declaration con... (by helios)
program for getting and setting tasks

so i've completely re-written this program. entering tasks works and searching for tasks also works. When displaying all of the tasks in the file however the ...
[no replies]
HELP: Rational Number Class - Overloading the comparison, insertion & extraction operators

For this program, I have to write a class for Rational Number and do the following: 1) Two data members to store numerator and denominator. 2) Overloaded ...
[1 reply] : I have absolutely no idea how, in my case, operator overloading is don... (by faizdar)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 72737475
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.