Beginners - November 2013

Opening a new screen

Basically, I would like to make it so that once you make it to the end of the part containing string...
[1 reply] : Is this what you mean? http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4z18T05o/ (by Duoas)
by khal
Finding the Power

Hi, I am trying to take a number and round it up to the nearest power of two, and then get what powe...
[1 reply] : The logarithm is the inverse of the power function. y = log b x x = ... (by Duoas)
My program is DISEASED?? It crashes when I call a function??

I am very desperate. I don't know why my program is not working. The problem happens when I call a c...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/112111/ (by ne555)
try to understand pointer

Hello! I was reading the tutorial about pointer on this website and I found a sentence that I don't ...
[3 replies] Last: Let's put some context to that (excuse my variable names; I was typing... (by long double main)
Multi dimensional array.

Can you help me to start this dimensional array. The output will be: N N² N³ N4 1 ...
[2 replies] Last: Here's a rough outline to do this: int ar ; //declare the 2D array ... (by heebleworp)
Print out prime numbers using an array

I need to code a program so that it can compute all the prime numbers less than a number input by a ...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for the info on arrays. I was able to set up some arrays that o... (by Garion)
Only "assigns" the number to the variable if I cout?

I have a variable I'm trying to set to a certain number, but it won't do it unless I cout that varia...
[3 replies] Last: The main problem is that: int secondFunction (string theArray , int n... (by Chervil)
Please Help array char comparison

Write your question here. So when running the program the array labeled CorrectAnswers outputs p...
[4 replies] Last: I can only guess it was a Dev error. If you mean the compiler got it... (by Chervil)
Bubblesort and nonduplicates

Error message states: "stack around variable 'a' was corrupted." #include <iostream> #include <i...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using std::cin; using std:... (by jonlande)
File pointer problem

I am trying to determine what I am doing wrong, it's giving me an error on line 52 with the fp (file...
[7 replies] Last: Did you try doing a 'find' for the string "countNW" in your code, to s... (by Chervil)
Passing a 2D boolean array in .C

I am making a "Game of Life" program in .C and need to set my entire 2D array, for if the organism i...
[11 replies] Last: I figured out my problem with defining the function. I'm using Micros... (by chaertel)
overloading ostream operator

I am writing a class in which I need to overload the << operator but it keeps giving me a too many p...
[7 replies] Last: Derrrrrrrrrrp I found my retard cap, was right next to the I never put... (by samuelm33)
int ---> 0.1

Hi, i would like to know how to make an "int" have a fraction... Like this: int object; ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank You SO Much. That relay helped. :D So i put it : int ... (by Ibrahim M)
GCC/G++ CMD PR won't do anything

I'm reading this book on how to learn C++ within 24 hours. Followed all procedures up until I have t...
[3 replies] Last: What errors do you get about the above program when you try to compile... (by Mats)
I am getting a segmentation fault, why?

Why am I getting a segmentation when declaring two constructors with different parameters, but the s...
[7 replies] Last: > You are overusing pointers and dynamic memory, and therefore asking ... (by ne555)
Incorrect Output for certain overloaded operators

I feel like I'm getting really close here with this operator overloading assignment, but I'm getting...
[12 replies] Last: Ahhhh!!! yayayay thanks so much, you've been a wonderful help I apprec... (by halamaker)
Verify numeric input

Hi, i'm trying to make a simple program that asks for numeric input and then tells the user if it is...
[3 replies] Last: sorry for my overly late reply. You could try using two for loops one ... (by Drakon)
by wolfv
static variable inheritance?

Is there a way to share one static variable amongst all the classes derived from a base class? T...
[2 replies] Last: You can put this : private: static int layer; like: protec... (by Edevan)
what am i doing wrong

im only trying to convert to upper case only if the user inputs them in lower case, if they are alre...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll keep working on it. I appreciate the help I am struggling... (by iamlearning)
by hilft
For Loop problems

What did I do wrong on the coding to "not" get the output of 01234? why am I getting just 5? ...
[4 replies] Last: The for loop ends when the condition becomes false. In this case, th... (by long double main)
November 2013 Pages: 123... 81
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.