Beginners - November 2013 (Page 4)

by Bolbi
float *f* useful?

i learned that everytime we use a float we have to put an f at the end of the number, but if i forgot the program works anyways ... so is it needed? for Exam...
[6 replies] Last: sorry my mistake i wasnt thinking. i meant duplicate thread (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Making a tick function for a Clock

I have code that makes a Clock in HH:MM:SS AM/PM format.It then adds 2 hours, 30 minutes, and 15 seconds. THEN it ticks forward 1 second each time the tick() fu...
[10 replies] Last: Wait I changed it to a.setHours(hours+2) and it worked fine. Thank you... (by jkelly18)
by saraA
printing all prime numbers between two numbers

Can anyone help me with this question please Write a program that prompts the user to enter two positive integers m and n where m < n then output all prime num...
[13 replies] Last: Thaaaaanks :) (by saraA)
Expected unqualified-id ')' token

I'm trying to build a binary search tree for a class and I'm getting the error, "Expected unqualified-id before ')' token" at my ,"class Node()". I don't unders...
[2 replies] Last: Several things wrong. Line 5. () don't belong on your class decla... (by AbstractionAnon)
Variable Length Array of Non-POD Element Type 'string'

I am experiencing an unusual error for me. The full error message my IDE is giving me is: Variable Length Array of Non-POD Element Type 'string'('aka' basic_str...
[7 replies] Last: g++ variant. They use it on a Debian shell, and it works with their li... (by dacheeba)
Drawing rectunglar borders using for loop and array

Have spent one hour working on this and yet can't come up with a solution. Anyone willing to help me with this. I don't even know if im using the correct approa...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you rahat Ihutch :) got an understanding now :) (by fahmankhan75)
Reading data from files

Program objective is to read the student id from a file and there following answers which are two and false. I have provided a sample input of a file. The user ...
[13 replies] Last: Sorry for inconsistency and not being clear. Your correct about the st... (by fahmankhan75)
Problem Reading Paragraph into String

Hi, I'm trying to read a paragraph into a string after reading a number into an int. I'm using Xcode. #include <iostream> #include <string> using nam...
[2 replies] Last: That fixed it. Thanks! (by kacrouse)
by saraA
using user-defined function>>help plzzz

I want to write a program that finds whether the number is narcissistic or no this is what I did , I dont know what's wrong with it #include <iost...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I just noticed that I mixed up temp and temp1 ! my mistakes are re... (by saraA)
by mifum
issues with classes, pointers..in practicles examples

Hi all, I'm a beginner in programming with C++. I followed your well done tutorial some months ago. But now I'm practising on a real case. I want to develop ...
[2 replies] Last: I've not exactly understood which row reports your suggestion. Anyway... (by mifum)
structures not working

Hey fellas, I was learning about structures. Obviously, its not working. I just made a simple program which prints out the area of a rectangle (using a functi...
[2 replies] Last: using namespace std; - this exposes all names in the std namespace t... (by tipaye)
by saraA
how to print all prime numbers between 2 numbers

Can anyone help me with this question please Write a program that prompts the user to enter two positive integers m and n where m < n then output all prime n...
[2 replies] Last: Hi @saraA, first off you have to study the algorithm to find prime nu... (by eyenrique)
the greatest common divisor

Hey , guys I think I've solved this , the only problem is the condition , where should the condition " in the gcd function " stop ? I tried when r!=g but i...
[8 replies] Last: I don't think that I need the " else " on the 35 line.. (by Cutefriendzoned)
Unecpaline Erroneous for value of lowest day and no return of index

The program outputs a value for lowest day but it's very of and it doesn't return the position of the lowest day #include<iostream> #include<math.h> #in...
[1 reply] : You've been working at this for a while, so your code has become a lit... (by Duthomhas)
by kensta
Help plssss

can somebody help me on this.... this is a project of mine in c++ actually this program is not complete yet i just wanna know how to go back in main function...
[1 reply] : You don't need "exit". When the closing brace '}' at the end of a func... (by Chervil)
ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer

I need to get the lowest value of rainfall for each month but there seems to be a problem with my function definition. #include<iostream> #include<math....
[10 replies] Last: I looked at this the other day, in fact debugged the whole thing, but ... (by Chervil)
by enemy
Please, how to call element array from 2dd array??

Hello! Please, is there a way to CALL element of theat array? #include<iostream> #include<stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main(){ srand (time(NULL...
[2 replies] Last: Many thanks!!! (by enemy)
expected a declaration

well I keep on getting the error "expected a declaration" on my bracket now I really don't see whats so wrong with it. I added in my other class in case....
[3 replies] Last: remove the semi-colon from line 73.. (by mutexe)
output

hi,every body i wrote a program and i wanted to get just seven numbers without any space between them but i got"1-000-000"; what it mean?"-"
[1 reply] : It means that we don't know because you did not show your code and inp... (by keskiverto)
November 2013 Pages: 123456... 80
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.