Beginners - November 2014

Please help with error

Can someone please help with this program? The more i work on it, the more confused I'm becoming. Can someone guide me in the right direction? * Statement: Fi...
[2 replies] Last: Can someone look over the code and help me with the linreg function an... (by solid648)
Time Format(Military to Standard)

I have this program in c++, It will convert from military format time to standard time format, but is not working, if you type 1830 it will show 6:30AM, and hav...
[no replies]
string find question

can someone explain to me how theString.assign(str, n); works?
[1 reply] : There's an example here if this is what you are looking for. http://ww... (by wildblue)
hoho

hoho
[3 replies] Last: I edited this post cuz it was a duplicate but noe cant delete it. so w... (by MrBond90)
the closest city c program please help

So I have this assignment that asks me to show the name of the closest city. There will be given Latitude and Longitude coordinates of a city and then, two oth...
[3 replies] Last: Also, an sphere is not a plane. (by ne555)
String to an int conversion... gah

Ok so I have this function Getguess that needs to take a string and convert it into an integer so I can compare it to the computers random guess. I've read up ...
[3 replies] Last: I basically need to convert the cards to numbers after the user has se... (by justinc978)
Vectors and Unions

I am unsure as to why my set_union isn't working. Possibly something simple? Any help is appreciated. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ve...
[4 replies] Last: I used the back inserter, that's a pretty simple and useful tool. Than... (by elite zero)
help me

Write your question here. Put the code you need help with here. [/code ] i should work with Rseq data with bowtie2 I tried these steps but at las...
[no replies]
making password of four digits using getch and without pressing enter key

i have to make a program using only if and elses and getch the input is four digits which will not be shown and instead will be like "****" and the out put is c...
[no replies]
by HG319
Convert some variables in a vector from string to float or double

I have a vector of a class holding codons, amino acids, names, and molar masses. Molar mass is type string right now but I need to change it to type float or ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, so in your case you could do something like this, if I'm understa... (by Ganado)
Can't assign array according to formula

Hello, maybe someone can help me to figure out where is the mistake in this code? The array values are not what they should be according to formula. #include...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, that fixed it :) (by extreme)
by EvE12
Series output.

cout << "Please enter a number: "; cin >> n; cout << endl; for (int i; i < n; i++){ cout << "Please enter each nu...
[13 replies] Last: Try using netbeans, its not bad. If you really don't like it, try not... (by elite zero)
Bank Charge C program, is this okay?

So here is the question: Suppose you transfer $N and bank's charge occurs as follows: Cost is $10, if N ≤500 Cost is $10+2% of N, if 500 < N < 1000 Cost is $1...
[6 replies] Last: i don't agree either but that's the right answer according to the solu... (by closed account DLUk92yv)
by davtk8
Reversing alternate (even) words in a string

I am trying to reverse every alternate word in a sentence for example: The black cat sat up on the orange mat! The kcalb cat tas up no the egnaro mat...
[2 replies] Last: MiiNiPaa gave some suggestions for the word reversing problem in this ... (by wildblue)
Cant assign array form initializer list

I'm using c++11 but this still dosn't work. In the definition of b, it works but not here. Why now? I could use std::copy to fix it but is there another way to ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
After converting double to string using to_string() it shows invalid string length.

I've converted a double value into string using to_string(). But after converting when I check the length of the string it returns an invalid value. #include...
[1 reply] : The to_string function appears to be appending 0s when converting to... (by wildblue)
Tictactoe 100

Hello! I have a question relating to my tictactoe game: I want to make a game where player plays against computer. Here is my issue: void al_move() ...
[7 replies] Last: Awesome! Just a little note. It is not actually worth of defining ful... (by pacman169)
by harrie
loop

loop
[4 replies] Last: thank you fixed that (by harrie)
qsort function

Hi! I have this kind of problem: My program should work like this: 1.Input the number of points that you want to create. 2.For each point write these: name,x...
[9 replies] Last: I made few changes in my program and now it works correctly! Thx much ... (by martin619)
November 2014 Pages: 123... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.