Beginners - November 2017 (Page 29)

by SoLix
SDL code working fine only on my computer

So i'm learning c++ and decided to try SDL out so I can get used to working with classes. The game is basically a space shooter game , so i wrote some code ...
[no replies]
by leorio
Catapult Problem

My code is supposed to return the following: "The angle and velocity to launch the snowball farthest is 45 degrees and 28 m/s which requires 98 joules and will...
[4 replies] Last: Somehow I missed commenting it out. It works now - thank you! (by leorio)
Expected Unqualified-id Before '{' Token

I don't see what's wrong with this #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { } int isPerfect; { int n, sum ...
[7 replies] Last: if (result == true) { cout << "The number " << n << " is a perfec... (by wildblue)
I need i little help for my homework

1<-- 2 3 4 in console, when i pres 'a' cursor go down and press'd' the cursor go up. how can i do this in c++?
[2 replies] Last: Yes bro! Thanks very much! (by okancnplt)
Output array gets repeated twice, with loops

I am supposed to do a void that sorts the user's input array ascendingly/descendingly according to the input (true/false). It works fine on our homework checki...
[2 replies] Last: @Enoizat thank you for the review! Turned out it was my school's syste... (by jayiswho)
What does this line do?

I am currently writing a application c++ application based on a c project. https://github.com/EddieRingle/portaudio/blob/master/examples/paex_record.c in whi...
[2 replies] Last: ahh cool.. thanks :) (by DrJones)
toupper funtion

Can somebody help me with the following question? if we are given the following code: char letter = ‘ ‘; cout << “Enter a letter: “; cin >> lett...
[1 reply] : You need to check if the char entered == x or if the char entere... (by Repeater)
by wnp007
vectors

So I've written this program for counting total number of words in a text file as well as the number of unique words in the file(i.e a word is unique only the ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeap that makes a lot of sense. Thanks (by wnp007)
Writing and reading binary files

Good day, i am having a problem with writing and reading binary files. i searched on google and this forum but i can't quite get the information i need. i am a...
[2 replies] Last: It worked thx! (by krreisys)
line 46

line 46 z(); were not declare...why #include<iostream> using namespace std; #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> #include<windows.h> #include<fstream>...
[2 replies] Last: Yes. Either declare the function as returning an int , and do actuall... (by Chervil)
Linked list-insertion at end

Program to enter user input values at the end of the list. I am confused about what to do in the insertend function. #include<iostream> using namespace...
[3 replies] Last: > i cant use such complicated program for school. There is nothing co... (by JLBorges)
can not input anything

it takes more than a day and i still do not know why i can not input #include<iostream> #include<cstring> #include<conio.h> #include<windows.h> #incl...
[3 replies] Last: There's no special method. Just lots of practice. (by Chervil)
huge program

Incomplete and wrong output.(Delete loading from main and then run if you find it irritating) #include<iostream> #include<chrono> #include<thread> #in...
[10 replies] Last: only the net price and total number of items are getting displayed Th... (by Enoizat)
Asterisk as Character

Can I define the asterisk as a character/variable? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int A, B, i; char *; cout << "...
[16 replies] Last: windows task manager, kill q1.exe happens from time to time when you ... (by jonnin)
error saying undefined reference to a function

I'm a beginner to c++ The code compiled and ran successfully a few days ago but i'm getting errors now errors saying undefined reference to all my functions and...
[1 reply] : code compiles fine on my VC compiler. getting a few warnings but thats... (by stav)
How to create your own file extension ?

I have always wondered how can one create his own file extension ? I am just curious and one day I want to make my own file extension. Thank you ...
[2 replies] Last: Are you actually wondering about how to create a file association so W... (by andywestken)
hello, trying to change array of ints to dynamically allocated array of floats

Hello, trying to change array of ints of the given size into dynamically-allocated array of float of the same size with same value. #include <iostream> us...
[10 replies] Last: Oh yea forgot to put delete ydata; at the end! ill edit it. (by redstorm98)
Help with infinite prompt loop

So im creating a roulette program for fun and have finished it, just adding smaller details and have come across a problem where its prompting the user infinite...
[1 reply] : while ((rules != 'y' || rules != 'Y') || (rules != 'n' || rules != 'N'... (by jonnin)
by shamar
Help me with this program

Hello Good night. I'm Beginner and I've received this program to do its due tonight and i'm still having problem doing it. Could someone help me please?? Wri...
[8 replies] Last: int numbers , i, sum = 0; //this re-declares the same variables you al... (by jonnin)
what am i doing wrong

The value of price and number of items comes to be 0 when reading file. class cart { private: char items ; int no=0; float price=0;...
[1 reply] : we can't see anything. price is set to zero. no is set to zero. If ... (by jonnin)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.