Beginners - November 2017 (Page 4)

Use of functions in main with sentinel loop

I need this program to run a loop in the main and use the value E as a sentinel, But I need to use functions. I am confused on how to run the loop in the main a...
[1 reply] : it looks like you want something like this in main selection = "X"; w... (by jonnin)
compiling from the command line

hi guys I am trying to set up wxWidgets with codeblocks I set the path variable to my codeblocks\Mingw\bin directory I copied and pasted it so I know it's corr...
[9 replies] Last: I followed all of these posts on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1... (by adam2016)
value returning function problem

I have tried this program & ran it like 10 times on the compiler on mindtap yet it still does not give me full credit. here's the code #include <iostream> ...
[4 replies] Last: aeiou are vowels Score is based on output and yes (by MUFFIN666)
Need help please

Hi guys,I am new here...So, I'm programming for about 6-7 months,I learnt the usual and the basic stuff and right now I'm on objects stuff.Anyway,I have some pr...
[6 replies] Last: And also, please post the exact data that you're entering to reproduce... (by MikeyBoy)
by DE98
Project: Scatter

Write a program that does the following: (below is dissected instructions, followed by the code thus far) Please comment as much as possible, i am really strug...
[2 replies] Last: Hello DE98, Welcome to the forum. PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <... (by Handy Andy)
Operator precedence

Hi guys, this is my first post. I started reading in a C++ book and I have come across the tableau of operator precedence. Now it says that ++ has a higher p...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks mbozzi, I will go through the link later and come back here if... (by PhysicsIsFun)
Why won't it read an .xlsx file?

Ok, so I am trying to make this code read a name and grades from an .xlsx file. In this code all it does when I cout << fileName, it doesn't output anything. I ...
[9 replies] Last: Always check that the file opens correctly before you try to read from... (by Thomas1965)
Need Help Writing a Pig Latin Translator from reading in a file

I have a file that contains a bunch of sentences in it in English, and I need to be able to ifstream all of that and take every word and cout to the console eve...
[1 reply] : Ok, so you are currently reading each word in your text file. So now y... (by joe864864)
Question regarding output and enum types

I am supposed to convert a grade of 0,1,2,3, or 4 to F,D,C,B, or A using a function in an enumtype. I think I am close to what I am trying to get but I'm getti...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> enum grade { F = 0, D = 1, C =... (by JLBorges)
Linked Lists & Recursion

I am confused on how to actually create a linked list. The goal of this code is to allow the user to enter an ID and print the name with that ID or an empty str...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> struct list... (by JLBorges)
Coding a Android Game

Hello guys! I have been working with basic C++ in console for a long time and i know basic of this language. But i need to start a small project and earn some m...
[2 replies] Last: Language wise you're going to want to know java. Tools wise you should... (by joe864864)
Memory Leaks help

Ok here is a program im working on and I don't understand why there is memory leaks. Main.cpp #define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC // -------------- SOLUTION CODE...
[2 replies] Last: you're too trigger happy http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/138037... (by ne555)
Changing char statuses.

Hello, to explain my problem, I shall use an example. Say the user enters 3 islands with populations of only 5, 4, and 3 people. They put in 2 for the total inf...
[1 reply] : > #include <vector> use it, or std::list if you prefer not going t... (by ne555)
Question about Program Not Properly Executing

So over the past week, I've been fine tuning this program that seems to properly compile/execute everywhere except my computer. I am using Visual Studio Communi...
[1 reply] : The following version compiles, but I haven’t tested it carefully. ... (by Enoizat)
Zeller's Congruence

I am getting some weird results like 2513 instead of 0-6 result. I've reviewed over and cant find anything wrong, could someone help? #include <iostream> #in...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much the code works perfectly now and I did some refine... (by RegalCppNewb)
C++ Temperature program problem

My program reads two temperatures from a file, the min and max temperature for each day of a given year. My problem is to write a function which accepts a year...
[2 replies] Last: It went along the lines of, if user enters '1' for month, then the cou... (by ElleJay)
Creating a Banking Application That Needs To Store Multiple User Accounts

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks now. My program will take in one user's information and display it using that display function. However, when I cr...
[9 replies] Last: Is FindAccount() a function I need to create in the BankAccount.cpp? ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by ebba
Passing struct to function (homework)

Hello :) We're learning structs in my c++ class, and I'm having some issues with this program. This program is supposed to take 2 times in military format...
[4 replies] Last: It works! Thanks so much guys. anything else incorrect please feel fre... (by ebba)
Changing the CHAR status of the correct person.

Let's say the user wants the first 2 people infected from each island. Right now, this code prints out the first 5 people of the whole list. If I choose 3 pe...
[1 reply] : Lines 50-51: You have a memory leak here. Line 51 makes the Person t... (by AbstractionAnon)
Prime Number's order problem

Hello everyone, i have a problem regarding this code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int getprimen(unsigned short which) { unsigned ...
[5 replies] Last: Anyways, i managed to fix my problem with another code, which is this ... (by CosminPerRam)
November 2017 Pages: 123456... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.