Beginners - November 2017 (Page 7)

Finding in CSV

I am writing a code that will find items in a csv file. One way is through finding the name and displaying the lat/long that goes with the location and vica-ver...
[1 reply] : I am writing a code that will find items in a csv file. Perhaps you ... (by jlb)
very simple program crashes

just using a swap function to swap a string but the program crashes I can't see where and why the program crashes it looks logically correct to me yet crashes ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys I never knew that yeah would be a better idea to use std:... (by adam2016)
does it make difference order of include headers?

in VS studio 2017 when i change order of include headers like this: #include "gplib.h" #include "stdafx.h" it gives errors but if i first include "std...
[1 reply] : Hello gpapashvili, Welcome to the forum. Yes, sometimes it does make... (by Handy Andy)
by agill
Can I call a class using a variable?

I want my code to call a class but I need part of the class name to come from a variable. i.e. class tree_treeData. Is this possible? Basically, I run a form t...
[5 replies] Last: Hello agill, Line 19 std::string g etInfo(); . Line 24 std::strin... (by Handy Andy)
Any suggestions on what could cause this?

I'm working on a project that's the final part of something some of you tried to help me with last week. Now, I'm supposed to not only read a file into an array...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Living4God1991, Before I made the last post the program ran the... (by Handy Andy)
by sambix
Help with functions assignment

On line 28, I keep getting an error message saying "uninitialized variable b and c" What am I doing wrong??? I initialized a, b, and c, but only a is getting ac...
[1 reply] : Line 26 cin >> a, b, c; should read cin >> a >> b >> c; ... (by Chervil)
What am I doing wrong;

OK dont' punish me to bad on my code, but I was trying to pass a calculation through a program defined function. Everything initialized properly nothing was dis...
[1 reply] : You can't calculate the average before you have the numbers. (by Peter87)
Help

I get an error on following code which should compare 2 arrays struct file_change(*file_infos){ struct stat file_info_new ; file_info_new ; struc...
[1 reply] : First, please use code tags when posting code. See http://www.cplusplu... (by keskiverto)
why will derived class function get called?

Hi guys when studying about references I came across some code that just confuses the day lights out of me, why would D's foo() be called instead of B's foo...
[1 reply] : Why not? The object is a D. (by keskiverto)
Why are dynamic 2d arrays deleted the same way as dynamic 1d array?

Hello! My question is why are dynamic 2d arrays deleted the same way as a dynamic 1d array? I mean this is how they're declared const int rowcol=3; ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you again. Though you did open lot of questions for me.I don't t... (by stonedviper)
How to cin>> multiple strings and use them in functions

I'm trying to write code that takes in a list of words from the user until the letter "Q" is entered and then prints out all the possible word combinations. My...
[6 replies] Last: So this is definitely closer but what I ultimately want it to do is pr... (by vazqu133)
by eltoni
First character in a string gets deleted/removed.

Hello everyone, i am very excited to join this community. I am having a bug that i have not been able to figure out why. I have a function that dynamically add...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome thanks a lot. (by eltoni)
basic arrays question

so I'm going to have to ask a very basic question which I am kind of shy to ask since I have been learning c++ for 2 years on and off anyway my question is as ...
[6 replies] Last: thanks Anon =) (by adam2016)
Function Display Problem

I have a function that displays a seating chart for a flight reservation. Once a seat is booked, the seat is assigned a value of 1. I need the seating chart to ...
[8 replies] Last: Hello ImLovelyS2, Sorry for the delay, but some days some of the post... (by Handy Andy)
Not getting required output composition relation between classes

I want to display the following message: **WebPage default constructor called** **Links default constructor called** **WebPage default cons...
[1 reply] : Please do not double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/2255... (by AbstractionAnon)
Help.

So, I am going to create a progam that will display the family category using a function. I made a code but when I enter a number, it always display as 1 as the...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by ParadOx22)
by yukine
Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int'

Hi! So I was trying to create a test for numbers on primeness. But I keep getting a warning (Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int') so th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. Dunno how i missed that (by yukine)
any help please explain problem

We (as a user for QueueADT) have two filled queues; the first queue holds section code while the other holds group code (where number of groups inside the sect...
[2 replies] Last: @ serstop - Please do not hijack someone else's thread. (by AbstractionAnon)
Need help.

Can someone tell me what is wrong here? Im trying to make a program that reads the legnth of sides of triangle and outputs the area of the triangle. I need to u...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, I see. Thanks for the quick reply. Works fine now. (by ParadOx22)
How to limit integer and how to detect key press

i'm on first year of IT study and we haven't started programming so i took matters in to my own hands so everything i know was self thought...sooo please don't ...
[3 replies] Last: you can sometimes force-fit integers without if statements using %. x... (by jonnin)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.