Beginners - November 2017 (Page 9)

sorting a 2D-array

Hey guys, i have a challenging problem. I`m importing a value which has the date of an entire year (12 months) into an 2D-Array with 31 rows and 12 columns. ...
[12 replies] Last: First of all, @pir4t3x, you are still refusing to say precisely what y... (by lastchance)
Need Help with a Table for an investment calculator

my calculator only outputs the total value, need it to show the total after each year. Do not worry about the other two cases just need help with the first calc...
[1 reply] : First, you need to fix the existing calculations. You can delete the ... (by Chervil)
Multiply fractions

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Fraction { private: int numerator; i...
[1 reply] : ok so I got that working, by removing temp and adding f1/f2 to the par... (by Garribean)
by agill
How to pull data from a function?

Hello! I'm trying to run a function and return the results of the function so that I can compare the resulting integer to a class of items. I've coded the sor...
[7 replies] Last: oh, geez, yeah, that's probably it haha thanks again (by agill)
Creating a dynamic array

Hello and happy Thanksgiving. I am trying to get my code, as shown by the comment in the while statement, to instead of reading the entire line of courses into ...
[5 replies] Last: instead of reading the entire line of courses into record .courseCode... (by Chervil)
by eci0x
Latin square

Hello! I have an assignment in which I have to check if an entered DYNAMIC 2D array is a latin square, such as 1234 4321 2413 3142 I know that I need to ...
[1 reply] : Duplicate http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/225434/ (by Handy Andy)
by MegsD
Working with .txt files on C++

Hello, we were given an assignment where we work with a given .txt file. Instructions for the Assignment and .txt file are located here: https://justpaste.it/1...
[1 reply] : while (!fin.eof()) { fin >> temp; don't loop on eof, loop on the ... (by ne555)
Pointers

"Write a program that calculates how much a person would earn over a period of time if his/her salary is 1 penny for the first day and 2 pennies for the secon...
[3 replies] Last: Hello eddiekem, I would suggest breaking up what is in main into regu... (by Handy Andy)
Generating Random Numbers with loop

Hello and happy thanksgiving to all. I was just sitting here playing around with a loop to generate random numbers and I remembered that I had a question about ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, this makes sense, the link provides a good explanation. I moved sr... (by closed account NCRLwA7f)
Trying to print multiple statuses using classes.

What is supposed to happen is that the user should type in an integer. It should print that amount of statuses, but I'm wondering if I messed up in any of the c...
[1 reply] : addIsland() is only ever going to add one island. Line 44: status is... (by AbstractionAnon)
Arrays

Hello, so I need help with this question on arrays. Can anyone explain how to write the code? Thank you so much. Here's the question: A car dealership has...
[2 replies] Last: Hello, Assuming that maybe you have read the link provided by Handy A... (by closed account NCRLwA7f)
Character arrays compare with functions

A PROGRAM that will take two inputs from the user in the form of character arrays namely as “name1” and “name2” respectively. Then both these arrays al...
[1 reply] : Hello salmanasghar12, When you say "character array" do you mean a C ... (by Handy Andy)
loop exit

i want to ask how to exit the program by pressing Enter key. // C++ program to count occurrences of a given // character #include <iostream> ...
[1 reply] : why are you using a while loop? you could just say getline(cin,str) (by adam2016)
Questions about C++

Hello. My name is John. I am blind. I use a computer with special screen access programs. I'm interested in solving some tasks, and for this I'm interested in...
[4 replies] Last: I think the de facto cross-platform standard for 3D audio is OpenAL,... (by Ganado)
What's wrong with this code? (1,2)

Hi, everyone. I'm working on a program that allows the user to play a game called a Mad Lib. I'm doing it in a couple parts. Right now, my code is supposed to r...
[32 replies] Last: Now, I'm working on the next part of the project, and for some reason,... (by Living4God1991)
by Bopaki
Book2.cpp:187: error: expected primary-expression before '{' token

I have extracted this one line in my program that gives the error above I do not know what is the meaning of this error: #include <string> #include <i...
[3 replies] Last: I think I am using very old compilers. I will google the new ones. T... (by Bopaki)
installing systemc-ams

hello everyone, i want to add and install systemc-ams library on visual studio 2013. would you please guide me how to download and install it on vs2013? or...
[no replies]
rows and columns 0 and 1 not printing

i'm trying to animate the game of life, with asterisks, but the code i have won't print the asterisks in rows or columns 0 and 1. every other asterisk prints a...
[2 replies] Last: whatttttt it must have been the compiler then? okay, I copied the co... (by Lewis3017)
Need help with a c++ project

Here is what i am told to do: Write a program that calculates the average number of days a company's employees are absent during the year and outputs a repo...
[5 replies] Last: average_abs I haven’t tested your code, but it seems your functio... (by Enoizat)
how to get input from user without pressing enter.

i want to know if there is any way if the user just press 1 and the function runs without pressing enter? any help would be appreciated. #include<iostrea...
[8 replies] Last: @Andy No problem, I didn't want it to seem like I was nitpicking or de... (by Chervil)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 7891011... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.