Beginners - November 2018 (Page 3)

Deck of cards array

Hi I’m having trouble with arrays. I’m supposed to create a deck of cards that deals a player 5 random cards with the suits and values. Can someone help?
[no replies]
by vysero
What is this variable?

I am just wondering what this _T("") is doing in the code below: CTString firmwareVer = _T("");
[2 replies] Last: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dybsewaf.aspx It allows you t... (by salem c)
Formatting help please

Need some pointers in formatting some code. Im doing an assignment that prints the element, value and histogram of an array. I have the code sorted, but I c...
[5 replies] Last: No problem! I kinda suspected that might have been the bit you'd forg... (by MikeyBoy)
Error when building project

I'm having a problem compiling this program it gives me the following errors: Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State line20 type name i...
[3 replies] Last: Show us your new code - properly formatted with code tags - and tell u... (by MikeyBoy)
Can I put ASCII Values in an char array? If yes then how

Basically, I am trying to make a box. I made it up using the following way, cout << char(218) << char(196) << char(196) << char(196) << char(191) << endl; ...
[3 replies] Last: there is nothing magic about char. char c = 32; //c is now a space. d... (by jonnin)
ayuda codigo mio

Por favor necesito ayuda para ver si me copila este codigo, tengo algunos problemas y no se donde esta el error, necesito para el dia 10 de diciembre
[1 reply] : What problems do you have? (by kbw)
Help with printing histogram

Hellooo
[2 replies] Last: One of our conditions is to use for loops. I was thinking along the l... (by wirelesskill)
replacing variables in function with an array

I am having major issues on my homework... I can't seem to figure out the concept and was wondering if anyone can provide a hint on how to do this. I am suppose...
[2 replies] Last: Hello SpookSpore, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting bu... (by Handy Andy)
Float type output have some issues

Hello,I have some issues with my output with double type.a and b output are always 0x28f8c8 and 0x28f288.Detailed explaination will be very helpful,since I'm ju...
[2 replies] Last: Oh right,my bad. Thank you very much ^-^ (by yellowfox)
std::move: What happens with old object reference?

#include <utility> #include <vector> int main() { std::vector<int> v_old = { 1,2,3 }; std::vector<int> v_new = std::move( v ); // What state has ...
[1 reply] : Yes the old vector will be valid but in an unspecified state. See: ht... (by coder777)
by detro
vector and random numbers on c++

I had some difficult to create a program who give me 10 random numbers differents from 1 - 50, using vectors. Can anyone help me? my code is giving 10 random nu...
[1 reply] : It should be more like this. You need to call srand only once (before ... (by tpb)
Input digit extraction and manipulator

Dears, I want to know how to write a method to manipulate and extract certain number form user input digits in different way. 1- How to write a method named d...
[1 reply] : The key is to process these as strings, not integers. Then you can tur... (by jonnin)
Multiplying matrices by vectors FORMATTING

Hello, Im doing assignments where I need to multiply a set matrix with a vector. Ive defined them below with a = matrix, v = vector Everything works, but m...
[1 reply] : maybe something like for all the rows { for all the columns in matrix... (by jonnin)
Graphs question

Hi! I am working the assignment below for my Data Structures class and I am getting this error: expected primary-expression before ')' token. I have commented...
[1 reply] : temp.adj.push_back( neighbors ); neighbors ; there's no such v... (by Repeater)
Working w/ Vectors

Hi, I wrote a program for hotel occupancy using vectors. Everything seems to run the way it's suppose to however I was wondering if someone could please critiq...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you JLBorges, much appreciated. (by kdrewes)
Need help to correct these Program

> #define ND (9) class
[1 reply] : Hello ciclochem, You should take a look at these: http://www.cpluspl... (by Handy Andy)
Help with populating an array

Hi there, Im trying to populate an array with values in increments of 2. I.e. index 0 = 2, index 1 = 4 etc. up to index 14 with value 30, using a for loop. ...
[5 replies] Last: Facepalming really hard right now! Thank you both so much! (by wirelesskill)
using <cin> and <getline> successively makes the computer skip some part of a script

Hi, I'm a korean c++ learner again. I really appreciated your kindly responds to my last question. Now I'm currently studying data structures by making a simpl...
[1 reply] : The stream extractors >> typically leave trailing whitespace (which ... (by salem c)
by warcia
Screensaver problem

Hey,i'm using visual studio 2015. The task is to get an "n" number of "X" characters on the console in random positions after that the "X" characters have to mo...
[1 reply] : Also here -> https://cboard.cprogramming.com/cplusplus-programming/176... (by salem c)
Sorting a file

Write your question here. #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<string> using namespace std; void Split(fstream &inFile, fstream &auxFil...
[4 replies] Last: What is wrong in this code ? The biggest problem is that you posted... (by tpb)
November 2018 Pages: 12345... 24
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.