Beginners - November 2021

Completely lost on how to start this here (Primarily for the Constructors)

So I am doing a C++ Project for one of my classes and I am completely lost on what this is asking for (More so on how to get the program off the ground as the l...
[5 replies] Last: As a starter, possibly: #include <iostream> class MyString { publi... (by seeplus)
Will This Notebook Be Able To Handle All My Coding Software?

Yes, but go for the full 16GB of memory. Consider adding an external monitor and keyboard; I find it easier to attach a conventional mouse too with the laptop.
[no replies]
abstract class and interface classes

When declaring an interface using pure virtual functions is it normal or suggested to declare the destructor as virtual too or is it not usually done with inter...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the link. It looks like a good source of information.That w... (by closed account j8Mo2yTq)
Doing variable insertion directly into the string

Hell everybody, am disturbed on how to get the C ++ equivalent code of the below python code: ht = 10 e = 'FT{}\r\n'.format (ht) Any available tip will...
[3 replies] Last: Just as a Python FYI, f-strings are more elegant, and easier to read, ... (by MikeyBoy)
No Output

Hello, I have an assignment I am working on and I've looked through everything and I cannot find why I am getting no output. I made sure that my files are in th...
[4 replies] Last: After attempting to open a file, you should always check that the open... (by seeplus)
no Operator "=" matches these operands , operand types -- Matrix = Matrix

I am getting Unexpected error showing [no Operator "=" matches these operands , operand types -- Matrix = Matrix] #include<iostream> #include<ioma...
[2 replies] Last: ok now i understand ! thank you. (by vivekunyl)
File Error

Hello, I am working on an assignment and my program is not opening my file. Where am I going wrong? int main(){ std::ifstream inData; inData.o...
[no replies]
by janac
Why is the buffer not empty?

When I run the .exe for this console app without the statement cin.ignore(1000, '\n'); the window closes when I enter the letter. If I include the statem...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much. (by janac)
Program Not Responding Correctly - Guidance Needed

I am trying to fine-tune a Quiz game that asks multiple-choice questions. (EDITED) I was able to figure out a few questions I had, but I am still stuck on the r...
[8 replies] Last: Consider using a switch instead of multiple if/else tests. Why keep op... (by seeplus)
Using C++ to make a simple text-based application to timetable classes

So I am making a simple-texted based application as part of a project written in C++, the program is supposed to timetable classes, I need to store information ...
[1 reply] : The first thing to do is to design the program. Then code from the des... (by seeplus)
Problem with vector and copy constructor

I tried to make a list of Person objects using vector and got some weird error. If I remove the copy constructor it works. Is there a way to make a vector while...
[2 replies] Last: You need a default constructor. Once you define a constructor, you no ... (by seeplus)
by MeiMei
Double link list question

Hi guys, I have a small problem with double link list opertion. The detailed program is in below(not the full version, only the two functions with problem). The...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you all for your help! Problem solved. After checking, I found o... (by MeiMei)
Array of objects through search.

Hell comrades, as a computer science student, am trying to work out on some assignments given to me. Am working on a program that should allow the user to do a ...
[3 replies] Last: > However if bookName is of type char*/char (c style null terminated ... (by JLBorges)
The do while return error.

Hello comrades, welcome me to this forum coz am a newbie here. Am not after a person who can work out this for me, my focus is in getting relevant information t...
[1 reply] : Perhaps: #include <iostream> int main(void) { int cost{}; int sa... (by seeplus)
Error spotting

Hey all. Am working on a program. Being new to C++, am unable to spot errors in the program that I have written. The program is supposed to display the addition...
[2 replies] Last: Using the strandard mathematical result for the sum of consecutive int... (by seeplus)
Multiple lines outputting in files

The commands write_ account () is supposed to input the lines “account.dat” file while doing the access create_ account() in the class amount. I want to an ...
[1 reply] : Perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace st... (by seeplus)
The while loop problem

Hey. I know you can be able to notice that am a new person in this area of C++ programming especially from how I have organized my program. Of late, I have got ...
[1 reply] : There are issues when you have the same file opened with two streams. ... (by seeplus)
Addresses in arrays.

Am working on a program where am attempting to do an array creation called block that has the ability of holding three addresses. My array should be able to ask...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <array> struct Block ... (by JLBorges)
Creating a save/load function for the text based game.

Hello. Am new to C++ and I started learning it just the other day at the start of my university education. And I got greater interest in doing a text based gam...
[1 reply] : What is the information that you want to save/load? (by JLBorges)
Convesion of cents to dollars.

Am trying to see how I can get the dollar into my code to see $ D. CC. in the code that I have already made, when I put 2 dimes, 3 shillings, 3 nickels, and o p...
[1 reply] : #include <iomanip> and then const int cents = quarters*25 + dimes*... (by JLBorges)
November 2021 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [oct2021] [dec2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.