Beginners - October 2012 (Page 6)

Using Bubble Sort, sorts most but not all

Using Bubble Sort to sort my user input integers. I get bubble sort to sort most of the integers in my array but when I get about 6 or 7 elements the sorting de...
[no replies]
Infinite loop? No output

I'm not sure what's happening here. I've looked it over and changed a few things trying to pinpoint the problem to no avail. Here's the code, it's nice and ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that, but still not showing anythi... (by demonays)
Stack Around Input is Corrupted Error- Why?

I'm trying to read input and store it into a character array. It works up to the point that I enter the stream of characters and press enter. Then the program b...
[no replies]
by aztech
Reading a text file and inserting it into a vector - HELP

I'm attempting to write a C++ program that takes input from the user - 2 strings and puts them in a vector,that part works, I'm also able to save the informatio...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks to both of you...my program now works the way I want it to. (by aztech)
chutes and ladders

remember that game we played as a kid? spin a wheel, and move up the squares, and whenever we land on chutes, we go back down, but whenever we land on ladders w...
[2 replies] Last: Get rid of the void declaring in the main code, that should get rid of... (by Callum5042)
Array Manipulation

Hey guys, I want to copy my first Array to my second Array in reverse order. Here is my code (I use Microsoft Visual Studious so the syntax may be different)...
[3 replies] Last: K thanks guys and ill make sure to use those code tags next time (by fghias1234)
Method return issue.

I have a method inside a class that works fine, but someone told me that there are two ways that I provide results and that AddString returns string + updates a...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by zanklob)
Displaying an Array in a nested for loop

Hello, I am attempting to make a Sudoku solver, and i am having issues getting the grid to display, i have the values saved as a array, and i am trying to ge...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, that was the issue, thank you very much. (by Lizarddemon94)
Trying to count 4, 5, and 6 letter words.

Hello, I'm trying to write code to count 4, 5, and 6 letter words, within a file. I've spent around 20 hours on a couple of assignments and exausted help from m...
[2 replies] Last: Ty for your help; I found some help though as I should have done befor... (by trtlewedgi)
c++ struct/array and sorting from text file (dates)

I'm having some trouble with this program I have to. I have to read in a text file containing dates and input them in a struct/array and sort the dates either g...
[3 replies] Last: Then why didn't you answer the question I asked in my last post? Do... (by jlb)
Copy consstructor and the explicit keyword

Hello, im trying to understand copy constructor but I can not get a point. Can anyone give me a simple example why and when should I use copy constructor? Th...
[4 replies] Last: Catfish2 thanks it helps now I really understand copy constructor (by Anon777)
Undeclared identifier

Hi, I'm quite new to c++ and i've gotten a bit stuck with my program. It's still in the middle of being built but so far its supposed to recieve an input pass i...
[7 replies] Last: Are you referring to this part: Hexagon(int sizeValue = 0, int ty... (by freddy92)
Help with my calculator code?

this problem has been resolved
[1 reply] : Can you post the error just as text? Can't open that link at work. ... (by freddy92)
How to show a percentile.

In my program I need to multiply a fraction (which I have done) and now I need to print it out in a percent. When I run it all I get is the Fraction and no perc...
[10 replies] Last: Wow thanks that worked exactly how I wanted it to thanks so much!!! (by Tyson Bugera)
changing value in window title

Hi all, I wondered how to program a changing value in the title of a window (for example the FPS, or a download finished percentage). I tried this: #includ...
[1 reply] : Change while ( GetAsyncKeyState( VK_ESCAPE ) != 0 ) to while ( G... (by Callum5042)
by Ch1156
stringstream help

Ok so im just playing around with stringstream so i can see how it works and all that, no im trying to take what the user inputs and save it to the stringstream...
[4 replies] Last: awesome thanks. (by Ch1156)
Tic Tac Toe

I don't know why, but when a 'O' or 'X' has taken place of one of the numbers, and I insert the same number, it doesn't tell me that the number is invalid and i...
[3 replies] Last: Okay, I figured out how to clear the board, but now I have some more q... (by Firebirds11)
C++ statement that prints yes if digit in string

Write a c++ statement that print's "yes" if there is a digit in the variable sport3. I'm trying to find the correct string command to do this an easy way.
[8 replies] Last: Well you were right about the so there's something new you learn. ... (by raines883)
Tic Tac Toe game help

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int c; int b; int c1=0; int c2=0; int c3=0; int c4=0; int c5=0; int c6=0; int c7=0; int c...
[3 replies] Last: come in skype: hepic.hepic (by skarla)
Void function for Rock Paper Scissors

Hello. I'm pretty stuck on my program and I need help. I'm having trouble mainly with the void function I'm required to put in it. I'll place the code here. ...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you for the help guys. I've finally got it working. Thank you ... (by xsoifonx)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.