Beginners - October 2012 (Page 82)

Timer and input

As I'm making a program that does test, I have it run both time and waiting for an answer using multi threading, but the problem i have is that timer always put...
[2 replies] Last: I could do it in Qt, but I'm not sure about the console. In Qt, I'd j... (by Stewbond)
by Triea
Quick Vector reading problem

For a class assignment, I've been trying to make a program which organizes some info about hockey players into vectors and then calculates averages. However, th...
[1 reply] : Go through the string character by character and keep track of whether... (by Athar)
C++ Video: Inheritance - Public, Protected, and Private

Every C++ programmer must have used public inheritance already, but not everyone has used protected or private inheritance. What are they? What's the usage of t...
[1 reply] : From: http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/inheritance/ This access spe... (by Stewbond)
by Howlz
Program that counts letter and space occurences from user input

Firstly I need to prompt the user to enter a sentence that contains between 10 to 20 words and it is supposed to give the user the number of times each letter a...
[3 replies] Last: You have two variables of the same name with different basic types (in... (by clanmjc)
by Ch1156
Why cant i load my stuff from a file

Ok so i have this code and i cant load my stuff i outputed into my file for use in the other function, #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstrea...
[5 replies] Last: Oh i cant believe i didnt see that -.-, i feel like an idiot :P. What ... (by Ch1156)
Member function

#include "ShippingContainer.h" #include "ManualShippingContainer.h" #include "RFIDShippingContainer.h" int main(){ ShippingContainer *theShippingConta...
[4 replies] Last: because you have to access it through "ManualShippingContainer". this ... (by chipp)
Need help with my code.

Hello! I have a question about how to make this compile without having any errors occur. It is a homework assignment, however, I already had it done. My hard dr...
[5 replies] Last: This should be: RationalNumber::RationalNumber(int q, int r) :... (by chipp)
Text game creator

Hello, I created a text game creator but it does not seem to work. Can somebody explain what is going wrong and any tips? // // main.cpp // Text creator 3 ...
[4 replies] Last: It worked, just need to clear a bit up. // // main.cpp // Text creat... (by youngcoder13)
Sorting Date mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd

I am trying to read in some stock data from Yahoo and the date comes in this format mm/dd/yyyy. I want to sort the data and create a field that is yyyymmdd. If ...
[4 replies] Last: To avoid confusion in the future, MM in a format string is typically u... (by helios)
Input validation problem

Hi, I am trying to do a simple if/else input validation but the codes i used only seem to work one way. The code will work if I want a number and the user inpu...
[2 replies] Last: Read in the char and then verify that it is alphabetic: http://www.cpl... (by JLBorges)
C++ beginner - need help with encapsulation

Hey Everybody I am currently attending a course in c++ programming on a basic level. I received a code from my teacher, the other day and I have to encapsula...
[no replies]
by DaveL
User-defined function for "for loop"

My program works fine, but I am struggling developing a user-defined function for the for loop. Everything I try won't work, any help would be greatly appreciat...
[3 replies] Last: Okay I got rid of the ' '; and initialized to 0; I am trying to list ... (by DaveL)
How to made a random card output if the card output like this?

++++++++ +7 ♥+ + + +♥ 7+ ++++++++ so i'm still newbie and i want to made an output card like that with value fro...
[3 replies] Last: What is it that you don't get? class? array? What? Be more specific. (by coder777)
by FvPJer
syntax and type specification errors

I am getting multiple "missing ';' before '*' , and "type specifier - int assumed" errors on only two lines of code (all errors are in the header files). lin...
[4 replies] Last: @newbieg "On line 16 in vector2.h why is there an & after the vector2?... (by FvPJer)
Help with cin verification and do-while looping

Ok, I'm having a little bit of a hard time here. You see, I was planning to loop until the user enters a valid input. I only need a numeric input, nothing else....
[4 replies] Last: Owwwkay. That still didn't get into my puny brain. Thanks for explain... (by Jill Jill)
structure function problem

the programme is nOt compiling ..........the main tension is with functions!!!! have a Look......here is the code #include<iostream> #include<conio....
[1 reply] : Your program got many errors I listed that I remembered 1. u cannot in... (by vichu8888)
program help

have to write this program any help would be greatly appreciated. Part1: Savings and Interest earned You have some money saved in a bank. You earn 1.5% on...
[no replies]
Segmentation Fault

I'm currently trying to create a simple program that does basic arithmetic functions on fractions stored in a class called Rational. The +,-,*,/,==,<,>,>=,<= ...
[1 reply] : line 12 is supposed look like this: for(int count = 1; count < argc; ... (by coder777)
Verify user input

Hi, I need to verify (in a loop) that a user has input no more than 9 numbers and that it does not start with 0. Not sure where to begin on this.
[1 reply] : 1. Create a array of 9 elements 2. use for loop to store 9 input into ... (by vichu8888)
Help please

Hi! Im a programer for quite sometime now.. and I really need help with my next assignment, I need to.. Wait for it.. make a program that gets numbers and tras...
[1 reply] : The program needs to parse the input according to a set of rules which... (by Chervil)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 8081828384
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.