Beginners - October 2012 (Page 83)

by gkn06
Complex number multiplication

i am trying program based on digital signal processing...i wanna create a function which uses complex type to calculate the vale for cos 2*PI*n/8-j sin 2*PI*n/8...
[7 replies] Last: there is an output error...in this function cos(2*pi*n/8) when n=2 i... (by gkn06)
Help with the find function of string

Hello, I had an assignment about string type sadly I couldn't complete it Can somebody tell me what is my mistake Question is: (A) Write a function named count...
[1 reply] : This code int CountThe(string st1, string st2) { int NumOfThe=0, po... (by vlad from moscow)
how to make a 2d game

Hi, I don't know anything about C++ and want to make a 2D game. Is there any books about how to make games in C++? I'm stupid too :)
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps this could be a place to start? http://www.cprogramming.com/ga... (by squarehead)
Two's complement with unsigned integers

Hello, I was running this little experiment on codepad.org, to understand what happens when negative numbers (using two's complement form) are assigned to un...
[5 replies] Last: I'm guessing this is a compiler/system specific peculiarity. Perhaps i... (by squarehead)
Searching file

Is there any way to make a program that will search a file on the disk.The disk here includes all my computer...
[6 replies] Last: actually i'm working on a project and I have time to come up to this f... (by Pter0dactyl)
template class with different members

Can I join the following 2 (simplified) classes with templates? struct A { constexpr size_t offset = 0; } struct B { size_t offset; }
[3 replies] Last: I don't understand what you're trying to do. What's the difference bet... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Cin doesn't hold value

void GetSalesInfo(int accnum,//stores account number INPUT int day,//stores day number INPUT int month,//stores month number INPUT int year,//stores ye...
[1 reply] : Pass the parameters by reference, using the & operator. #include <io... (by Chervil)
Prime Factorization in C++ - Problem with Factors that are Square Roots

Greetings This is my first time posting in any programming forum, so I hope I can pose my problem to you correctly. This is my 6th week in my first pr...
[6 replies] Last: That was my intention, but since I was posing a question to people tha... (by Dimmins)
by fcanto
dont understand

while( ( inputChar = static_cast<char>( cin.get() ) ) != ā€˜\nā€™ ) what is the function of this piece of code?
[3 replies] Last: The first problem is the line inFix = inputChar; . You create the ar... (by AleaIactaEst)
Trouble with using strings in if statements?

Hello all, I'm really sorry if this as been posted already. I looked around and couldn't find an answer. Here's the whole code: #include <iostream> #includ...
[3 replies] Last: ohh...that's great you change it to char... yes you need to use quotat... (by HiteshVaghani1)
C++ Video: All Castings Considered

C++ provides 4 types of castings: static_cast, dynamic_cast, const_cast, reinterpret_cast. It also keeps the C-style cast. What are they? Which one should you u...
[2 replies] Last: definetly gonna check those out later! (by stoffe1100)
Problem with do while

Hi im new to c++ and to this forum, and im sure this will be an easy topic to answer but im really losing my head around this problem that i have i want to ask...
[2 replies] Last: if (videogame .price<0 || videogame .price>9999) (by reddeffect)
homework - create trivia game

I have a homework assignment to create a trivia game with classes below is my header file, accessor/mutator file, and main file When i run the program, it doe...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by top 10 list)
putting a character into a char pointer?

i've been trying to write a function that would return a char pointer which is made up of repeated characters. The thing is i can only use c string function...
[2 replies] Last: A char pointer is just that: a pointer to a char sized memory location... (by pogrady)
? : and booleans on my assignment

Hi, I'm new to C++ and in my assignment I have these two lines: (day<=29) ? valid=true : valid=false; (day<=28) ? valid=true : valid=false; It is for ver...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I see. Its just written that way in my assignment and I've never se... (by RegalleonZ)
convert base 10 to binary program

Our assignment tells us to convert a base 10 number between 0 and 127 to binary BUT the catch is that we can't use any loops -_- which I feel like makes the ...
[1 reply] : Use a recursive function. #include <iostream> #include <string> using... (by histrungalot)
"Floating Point Exception"

So, I'm trying to finish a program that converts an infix expression to postfix then evaluates that postfix expression. I'm using an input file and when I getli...
[1 reply] : Take a look at the comments in the code. #include <iostream> #include... (by histrungalot)
Hint Need For Assignment Due Tonight! How to pick out an item while in the loop and nothing else

Hello and thank you in advance for any help. I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, but some direction would really help. I have two questions 1. How d...
[4 replies] Last: Trailing zeroes? It's probably got to do with your "setprecision". (by zeppelyn)
Need Help looping

I am trying to find a random number in between two variables that the user inputs max and min.I need to do this ten times. I seem to be having trouble. Any poin...
[no replies]
switch statements

So Im new to C++ and I've been doing really well, BUT IM STUCK Create a program guess a number from 1 to 5 Please use a switch statement, have the user input...
[no replies]
October 2012 Pages: 1... 81828384
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.