Beginners - October 2012 (Page 84)

Two's complement with unsigned integers

Hello, I was running this little experiment on codepad.org, to understand what happens when negat...
[5 replies] Last: I'm guessing this is a compiler/system specific peculiarity. Perhaps i... (by squarehead)
Searching file

Is there any way to make a program that will search a file on the disk.The disk here includes all my...
[6 replies] Last: actually i'm working on a project and I have time to come up to this f... (by Pterodactyl)
template class with different members

Can I join the following 2 (simplified) classes with templates? struct A { constexpr size_t of...
[3 replies] Last: I don't understand what you're trying to do. What's the difference bet... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Cin doesn't hold value

void GetSalesInfo(int accnum,//stores account number INPUT int day,//stores day number INPUT i...
[1 reply] : Pass the parameters by reference, using the & operator. #include <io... (by Chervil)
Prime Factorization in C++ - Problem with Factors that are Square Roots

Greetings This is my first time posting in any programming forum, so I hope I can pose my pro...
[6 replies] Last: That was my intention, but since I was posing a question to people tha... (by Dimmins)
by fcanto
dont understand

while( ( inputChar = static_cast<char>( cin.get() ) ) != ā€˜\nā€™ ) what is the function of this ...
[3 replies] Last: The first problem is the line inFix = inputChar; . You create the ar... (by AleaIactaEst)
Trouble with using strings in if statements?

Hello all, I'm really sorry if this as been posted already. I looked around and couldn't find an ans...
[3 replies] Last: ohh...that's great you change it to char... yes you need to use quotat... (by HiteshVaghani1)
C++ Video: All Castings Considered

C++ provides 4 types of castings: static_cast, dynamic_cast, const_cast, reinterpret_cast. It also k...
[2 replies] Last: definetly gonna check those out later! (by stoffe1100)
Problem with do while

Hi im new to c++ and to this forum, and im sure this will be an easy topic to answer but im really l...
[2 replies] Last: if (videogame .price<0 || videogame .price>9999) (by reddeffect)
homework - create trivia game

I have a homework assignment to create a trivia game with classes below is my header file, accessor...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by top 10 list)
putting a character into a char pointer?

i've been trying to write a function that would return a char pointer which is made up of repeated c...
[2 replies] Last: A char pointer is just that: a pointer to a char sized memory location... (by pogrady)
? : and booleans on my assignment

Hi, I'm new to C++ and in my assignment I have these two lines: (day<=29) ? valid=true : valid=fa...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I see. Its just written that way in my assignment and I've never se... (by RegalleonZ)
convert base 10 to binary program

Our assignment tells us to convert a base 10 number between 0 and 127 to binary BUT the catch is tha...
[1 reply] : Use a recursive function. #include <iostream> #include <string> using... (by histrungalot)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 828384
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.