Beginners - October 2013

Text Editor and CLI to an IDE

I've been flopping around with the good old text editor and terminal for a while now. Toying with SD...
[6 replies] Last: I'm not sure if you get it. Stop including source files because you'll... (by ne555)
Bubblesort

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl; using std::...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags. http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z13hAqkS/ Wh... (by Yanson)
Bool causing program to crash.

I've been messing around with vectors and bool to test for unwanted or unknown input. It's causing...
[5 replies] Last: Another : if (legit1 = true, legit2 = true) { // ... } The con... (by nvrmnd)
Bash find command input

Hi, I'm try to write a bash file that searches for all file names and then outputs whether those fil...
[2 replies] Last: Try asking on another forum, this maybe. http://www.programmingforums.... (by vasilenko93)
Palindrome

My instructor was showing us palindrome numbers today and instead if using string size method she us...
[3 replies] Last: Its a c++ operator called the ternary operator. Basically the pseudo ... (by giblit)
Vector subscript out of range

I'm working on a code to create a round-robin style tournament for a person to choose their favorite...
[1 reply] : Few issues. For one, pop_back only deletes the last element of a vecto... (by Ispil)
problem with text based games

If you runn my program, you can see that once the display() function is called, all variables are 0....
[5 replies] Last: yes! thank you albatross, now i've gotten rid of the global variables ... (by ASCII14)
Skipping ahead to classes

I'm in an intro to CS course, and the book we are using (Starting Out With C++ 7th ed.) goes through...
[8 replies] Last: as albatross said pointers are critical however they are fairly easy t... (by Cronnoc)
Yet another c++ calendar thread..

Hi everyone, I'm taking a beginning C++ class, and we're working on a project to write a calendar us...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the reply Disch, that seemed to have fixed that issue. ... (by Kevin2341)
Overloaded functions

I'm a little confused on this assignment. I've done most of the program but am a little confused by ...
[2 replies] Last: Seriously? This assignment seem way to easy for what I've been able to... (by allendks45)
Multiple Classes

I need to implement the functions from the header file (2nd piece of code), using a string class (1s...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, and yes. After all, you're storing the length of your string, are... (by Albatross)
abstract template class

Consider this code: template <class TYPE> class base{ public: TYPE in; void func()=0; }; ...
[1 reply] : Did you try to compile it? Note that func needs to be declared as v... (by AbstractionAnon)
Cartoon rendering

Hi there, I'm a C++ beginner, missed a lot of labs and lectures (not my fault, honestly) and well I ...
[1 reply] : //for every facet proyection = dot( normal.normalize(), light.normali... (by ne555)
LetterGrade Help

I seem to be having problems I'm not sure what exactly references are used for I'm not sure if I am ...
[2 replies] Last: @OP Line 67. You've defined a function named DetermineScore But on ... (by booradley60)
Some fun errors

I'm writing a program that has various operations preformed on a vector of 16 restaurants. I'm in th...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by hseipert)
Opening movie file with a program within a program?

What I mean is, is it possible to open a .wav or whatever with the users default video player. Like ...
[1 reply] : I have found out about ShellExecute, but it gives me this error: #d... (by nicedude80)
by enemy
for loop

Hello! Please, what is wrong with the loop? Why is this loop writing out 1 and not 5??? // s...
[1 reply] : it does write out 5's if you do it like this: #include<iostream> usi... (by Uk Marine)
by Zodack
Help with Forking/stdin/stout/pipes

Hi, I am trying to write a program that can implement pipes and redirects in a shell environment. ...
[2 replies] Last: As far as I know, the find_first_not_of hasn't failed, and I'm unsure ... (by Zodack)
bool function causes runtime termination

Can I have a little help troubleshooting? I am working on a program that will calculate altitude and...
[no replies]
by ckl3
While loop not ending

I'm a beginner in programming and can't get the while loop to function properly. Please take a look ...
[3 replies] Last: What function are you trying to represent on line 27 (26 in the code b... (by booradley60)
October 2013 Pages: 123... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.