Beginners - October 2013 (Page 2)

Lost in pointer translation

I am somewhat confused by why this code doesn't maintain the previously assigned value. I assume the...
[6 replies] Last: Awesome! Thanks!! (by cdrmnky)
Exercise from C++ Primer

Hi, I done this exercise for the book I am reading. Here is the exercise: Write a program to read...
[8 replies] Last: Okay, thanks for your help. I can read on in my book now. Amazing book... (by rmccreesh)
code puts out nothing

I have no clue whats wrong here but the code doesn't put out anything this might be something really...
[10 replies] Last: ran the file with fstream and noticed i forgot to exclude divisible si... (by pixelpuffin)
Pseudocode For Loop

Hi guys, I am looking to write one of my for loops in pseudocode but I cannot find anything on the i...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks everybody. Sorted now. (by sailorman444)
Lychrel numbers (project Euler 55 problem)

I'm supposed to find all supposed Lychrel numbers. If in 50 iterations number doesn't become palindr...
[3 replies] Last: boost can deal with multiprecision numbers as well: http://www.boost.o... (by Cubbi)
by davef
Variable initialization question

Getting straight to it, how do I know when I need to initialize a variable in the declaration line? ...
[4 replies] Last: In your code you are assigning the value of n % m to x before usi... (by Annatar)
by blurz
Repeating characters that should be deleted are not. (1,2)

Hello, I am working on a project where I must read characters from an array and delete any repeating...
[24 replies] Last: Thanks for sharing "booradley60" I need that info too ... (by russellford)
by minus
sdl tutorials?

i know c++ and would like to excel to game programming with sdl, can anyone link any pdf of sdl tuto...
[3 replies] Last: theres a reason lazy foos on top. its kind of the sdl tutorial. you sh... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by Nata
PlEASE HELP!

Hello! I cannot Understand why do I need "i" here and what does "for" do in this situation? can you ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!! <3 (by Nata)
deletion of text files in c++

how to delete a pre-existing text file in c++?
[1 reply] : you can use remove( filename ); and #include <cstdio> http://www... (by nvrmnd)
my code updated and some features not working

coder 777 In-case this is my last fully updated code my search seems to have some problem as I have...
[5 replies] Last: you can use cin.getline() instead: cout<<"enter employee number:"; ... (by nvrmnd)
by algo89
Weird problem while trying to write to file

I want to write output to a file, but I have encountered a weird problem: int main() { double...
[1 reply] : what do you mean by the program fails ? what do you expect to be print... (by nvrmnd)
interpolating spline curve

Hello, Does anyone have any suggestions to create an interpolating spline curve. I'm trying to ...
[1 reply] : Well, you can interpolate it with cubic spline, which is not too compl... (by rodiongork)
by Jades
Connect Input and Output

#include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<ctime> using namespace std; int ma...
[8 replies] Last: assuming your on windows, i made this little gotoxy() clone: i'm new ... (by nvrmnd)
by klay2
code giving weird symbol (1,2)

I don't know why but my code gives off a weird smiley face when it says what your character is ...
[24 replies] Last: I am so sorry to chip in on this again though I think this should help... (by Montario79)
by Nata
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a;...
[3 replies] Last: By making a = a/10, you are iteratively removing the last digit from... (by abhishekm71)
by Nata
PLEASE HELP! I do not undertand why I get this output

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a; int b = 0; co...
[5 replies] Last: okay I get it now :)))))))) thanks!!! (by Nata)
Fill a vector by reading a file

Hey guys, I try to write a class matrix and I want to fill the matrix by reading a txt file. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your help :-) It works like I want. (by stubborn)
Changing code syntax

I have this small program that simulates dice rolls using random numbers. It does 1 million rolls an...
[3 replies] Last: I just don't see how I could easily make the program output the resul... (by Chervil)
2 player craps game with no inputs

So here is the program statement (1) One of the players goes first. That player announces the size ...
[5 replies] Last: Where exactly does the program stop? Code snippit? (by Mats)
October 2013 Pages: 1234... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.