Beginners - October 2013 (Page 2)

by minus
sdl tutorials?

i know c++ and would like to excel to game programming with sdl, can anyone link any pdf of sdl tutorials? or any videos? that would be of great help
[3 replies] Last: theres a reason lazy foos on top. its kind of the sdl tutorial. you sh... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by Nata
PlEASE HELP!

Hello! I cannot Understand why do I need "i" here and what does "for" do in this situation? can you explain this code for me ? #include<iostream> //...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!! <3 (by Nata)
deletion of text files in c++

how to delete a pre-existing text file in c++?
[1 reply] : you can use remove( filename ); and #include <cstdio> http://www... (by nvrmnd)
my code updated and some features not working

coder 777 In-case this is my last fully updated code my search seems to have some problem as I have explained before.It's a bit confusing so I tried to make it...
[5 replies] Last: you can use cin.getline() instead: cout<<"enter employee number:"; ... (by nvrmnd)
by algo89
Weird problem while trying to write to file

I want to write output to a file, but I have encountered a weird problem: int main() { double function_hw(double x); double difference_quotient(doubl...
[1 reply] : what do you mean by the program fails ? what do you expect to be print... (by nvrmnd)
interpolating spline curve

Hello, Does anyone have any suggestions to create an interpolating spline curve. I'm trying to develop a game in opengl and I can't get the objects to foll...
[1 reply] : Well, you can interpolate it with cubic spline, which is not too compl... (by rodiongork)
by Jades
Connect Input and Output

#include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<ctime> using namespace std; int main () { int tDate; int tMonth; int tYear; int bDate; ...
[8 replies] Last: assuming your on windows, i made this little gotoxy() clone: i'm new ... (by nvrmnd)
by klay2
code giving weird symbol (1,2)

I don't know why but my code gives off a weird smiley face when it says what your character is # include <iostream> # include <string> using namespa...
[24 replies] Last: I am so sorry to chip in on this again though I think this should help... (by closed account 9wqjE3v7)
by Nata
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a; int b = 0; cout << " Enter a number : "; cin >> a; ...
[3 replies] Last: By making a = a/10, you are iteratively removing the last digit from... (by abhishekm71)
by Nata
PLEASE HELP! I do not undertand why I get this output

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a; int b = 0; cout << " Enter a number : "; cin >> a; while ...
[5 replies] Last: okay I get it now :)))))))) thanks!!! (by Nata)
Fill a vector by reading a file

Hey guys, I try to write a class matrix and I want to fill the matrix by reading a txt file. How to read and save a string I know, but how does it works ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your help :-) It works like I want. (by stubborn)
Changing code syntax

I have this small program that simulates dice rolls using random numbers. It does 1 million rolls and outputs the results for 1, 10, 100....., 1000000. The way ...
[3 replies] Last: I just don't see how I could easily make the program output the resul... (by Chervil)
2 player craps game with no inputs

So here is the program statement (1) One of the players goes first. That player announces the size of the bet, and rolls the dice. If the player rolls a •...
[5 replies] Last: Where exactly does the program stop? Code snippit? (by Mats)
problem printing in terminal

i have a function that i am calling: ldu1::ldu1(const_bit_queue& frame_body) : voice_data_unit(frame_body) { decode_lcw(); } i want to ...
[3 replies] Last: One possibility is that the standard output (via printf) is buffered, ... (by Chervil)
PLEASE HELP!! with strings, vectors.

[4 replies] Last: Again, you are not defining those functions specified. Here is how I w... (by TwilightSpectre)
by gudeh
Stop the program an amount of time.

Ok, so I have to implement a round-robin simulator. The problem is that simulator should stop(as if the process would be being executed by the CPU). And I have ...
[1 reply] : The easiest way to make a sleep function would be to simply have a tim... (by TwilightSpectre)
code runs, but not the way it's supposed to

Hexadecimal numerals are integers written in base 16.The 16 digits used are '0' through '9' plus 'a' for the "digit 11",'c' for the "digit 12",'d' for the "di...
[5 replies] Last: the program needs to convert hexa to binary? (by wwwiii)
Adding Another function

Warning 1 warning C4717: 'myStrCat' : recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow I have the first Portion Correct, but someh...
[7 replies] Last: i enabled pm (by MathNerd)
PLEASE HELP ME!! project on arrays and reading from files

*********I am a new c++ learner and was having trouble with my code.*********** This is the assignment ******************************************************...
[3 replies] Last: for(int i=0; i<5; i++){ cout<<"enter name"<<endl cin>>name >>; ....etc... (by wwwiii)
Web services

Hello, This is my first time posting in here and i hope you guys will be able to help me out. I built a system using Embarcadero XE2 and now I have to "int...
[no replies]
October 2013 Pages: 1234... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.