Beginners - October 2013 (Page 3)

Question about array of structures

I need to create an array of Structures. I'm trying to do it this way and it compiles fine. Is my use of delete all right? Will it ensure that the memory is fre...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, you two. :) (by cpplearner91)
How to count the number of times a letter appears in string.

Excuse me all. I am having a really hard time understanding how to tackle a homework problem I have. The problem is: "A DNA string is an ordered collectio...
[3 replies] Last: another thing to mention. a = a + 1 is equivilant to a += 1; ( += is t... (by giblit)
by jer311
Deleting duplicates

I am having troubles with my deleting_duplicates function at the end and cannot return the correct values/letters. The project is to delete any repeating letter...
[14 replies] Last: got it, thanks! (by jer311)
How to use endl

How can I use endl #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () { cout << "Hello User, What is your...
[3 replies] Last: when you ouput ( cout ) instead of say outputting a string , number , ... (by giblit)
Help me

endl will not work for some reason. When i input the name in console it says random numbers instead of out putting the name. include <cstdlib> #include <ios...
[7 replies] Last: It's only a misdemeanor ;) (by LB)
Cant get code to work please help!!!

Just finished my project and the code isn't quite working. I cant get my programs loop to work correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[4 replies] Last: Just include your name in the code and if your professor's software pi... (by LB)
by Ariamn
Vectors

Hello, I'm trying to write a code, for homework assignment, called increasing. What the program is supposed to do is, finding out if numbers that the users inp...
[5 replies] Last: Oh, I see what you mean - I would personally consider that both ways, ... (by LB)
Quicksort question

I was hoping someone could explain how the quick() function and the partition() function works. I found this source code online. I have used pieces of it in...
[6 replies] Last: Alas, I still have quite a bit to do... so it may be a while longer. ... (by Duthomhas)
by bardia
Reading Data from Text File Problem?

I'm writing a code for password keeping. Unfortunately, in the main() I can not pull "out password" from the code. Whenever I run it on my computer, the test fo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks NwN that helped me solve it! :D (by bardia)
Capitalizing specific elements of array using toupper

How would I capitalize the first and fifth element of "the fox" using toupper. i cant figure it out. #include <iostream> #include <locale> using namesp...
[4 replies] Last: Ah yeah that would be more practical to be honest I didn't even realiz... (by giblit)
by guesto
craps game need help getting started.

For this program, simulate a craps game for a total of at most 20 wagers. That is, the first player rolls the dice until he either wins or loses. That is t...
[1 reply] : Someone made a thread earlier today about a similar program. You could... (by Annatar)
what am i doing wrong with calculator?

So I am a complete noob at programming this is my very first time actually attempting it. I don't have the slightest clue what im doing I cant stress that enoug...
[1 reply] : I compiled your program using VS2010 and it appears to operate just fi... (by AbstractionAnon)
Two Matrices

I have two matrices that are input from data files. I'm trying to find the maximum value in the FIRST matrix only. I wrote some code that I thought would do som...
[5 replies] Last: My problem was the i++ where it should have been j++ like you said... (by Cryptik)
c++ code giving obscure results

Hi! This is my first time posting in here, so please don't hate me if I do something wrong :) I have been coding a collision detection program, but I have no...
[3 replies] Last: This topic is just computer dependant, so I'll just assume that my com... (by adriano782)
by wolfv
ifstream assignment

I need help with a basic operation, but I didn't find an example of it online. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. The following code shoul...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks adriano782, that worked! (by wolfv)
by Chubby
How do you join hours and minutes

For example: cout << "Please enter the starting time in Hour format" << endl; cin >> hour; cout << "Please enter the starting time in minute format" <<...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you guys it work (by Chubby)
Passing an Array to Function

Hi, The issue I'm having is to simply print a table of a 3x3 array when the function is called. I made a function called 'void display_table', and I'm try...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you everyone - I got it working now! (by project science)
rubbish results with Warning

I have 2 Warnings with illogical result. the result after debugging is rubbish values warning C4715: 'Circle_computations::set_r' : not all control paths ret...
[1 reply] : You have not specified a return value for the regular control flow of ... (by closed account 9wqjE3v7)
Prime Number Program - Questions

I am making a program that finds 160 prime numbers after a starting number. How well am I doing so far. I am new to this. I believe next I need to make a for...
[7 replies] Last: If you take away that cout << line which I don't know what it is doing... (by Mats)
neel help in recusive call

You need to write a permute class that will take first and second strings to rearrange letters in first, followed by second. For example, if the first is “CA...
[4 replies] Last: this is what i have got written: BUT IT IS NOT COMING AS OUTPUT IT FAI... (by GokuK97)
October 2013 Pages: 12345... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.