Beginners - October 2013 (Page 4)

Postfix evaluate questions

Need help with my function. Heres the question: you should write a function evaluate() that performs the task of evaluating a postfix expression. The function ...
[no replies]
Sum of command line arguments?

So I am quite sure that just like last time I am missing something obvious, but in my programming class I keep trying this same problem and getting it wrong: ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Disch that was exactly my problem. Also thanks for the tip a... (by drawinfinity)
Remove Duplicates from Array

Here is the algorithm we need to write code for Algorithm for delete_duplicates() function For each character in the array For each character beyond the on...
[9 replies] Last: That helps a lot, thank you! (by bridgster)
Array and class - Can't add numeric values

So, I'm writing the program to be a simulated soda machine, but I can't get a "SOLD OUT" to display when the count reaches zero and I can't get the $1.50 soda t...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you Yanson! (by jlpurnell)
by spadec
Program With Stubs Driver To Test

For the assignment we were supposed to make up a random program given three variables: getTotal() getAverage() compareToHighScore() And use stubs for all the ...
[4 replies] Last: Please don't delete your question after you've received an answer. It... (by MikeyBoy)
by sky3
Numbers before my output.

I keep getting a list of ordered numbers before my ouuput. it looks like this: 1 The amount spent for Restaurants is $171.19 2 The amount spent for Gro...
[1 reply] : I'm going to make a wild guess that it's the editor your using not the... (by SamuelAdams)
by spadec
Hypotenuse of a Right Triangle-NO MATH LIBRARY

Hey guys so I need to come up with an equation in my C++ program that calculates the hypotenuse of a right triangle but we cannot use the math library so no "cm...
[4 replies] Last: If you are looking for an algorithm it isn't difficult to find the squ... (by Chervil)
Jackass Program

The Question is at the reply section pls
[8 replies] Last: You can use SDL/SFML for graphics , windows api or other platform api ... (by giblit)
reading and writing a file

i ask the user to input his/her info and that writes to a file then on the choice 2 its going to show what should be stored in the file but it gives nothing clo...
[1 reply] : Not a bad program.... Lacking comments. Change // while (choice < 1 ... (by SamuelAdams)
string subcript out of range

Can someone check this code for me? #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <fstream> #include <cstdlib> #include <string> using namespace std;...
[3 replies] Last: int vt=tam.find( ',', 0 ); // at this point vt could be out of range,... (by keskiverto)
by nvrmnd
string::iterator and erase problem

I am making my hangman clone and is stuck again in this function int word_handle::removeLetter( const char c ) { int flag = 0; for ( std::stri...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> std::stri... (by JLBorges)
deletion in file handling

void deleter() { ifstream fd; ofstream ft; fd.open("employee.dat"); ft.open("temp.dat"); int flagd=0; char conf='y'; employee ed; cout<<"enter employee number...
[10 replies] Last: what are the steps dint get your question .This is the worst project I... (by cyberdude)
Is it a good idea to use the "swap" function?

My professor likes to use the swap function when sorting. It does the job with less code, but I never see this method being used when I look up sorting function...
[2 replies] Last: > My professor likes to use the swap function when sorting. > It does... (by JLBorges)
Program For Car moving

Problem 1 Write a program that creates Car objects. Your Car class should store the following attributes of a car: Color ('R'=red; 'G'=green; 'B'=blue; 'W'=...
[2 replies] Last: Problem 2 #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdlib.h> ... (by comp0)
by Ariamn
strlen function

Hello, I have this work assignment that I am suppose to finish, basically what I need to do is create a program that outputs the number of characters you input ...
[8 replies] Last: I feel so stupid, and I swear to god I think I did that already or at ... (by Ariamn)
sorting help needed

hi guys, I have a problem with a sorting loop... here is the whole program; it may be confusing... #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <conio...
[5 replies] Last: @chippzanuff93 Glad to see you got your program running as expected. ... (by whitenite1)
Performing binary operations on a file - get()

Hi there, I copied this code out from one of my c++ books from the chapter concerning file I/O, and, specifically, binary operations on a file. I found this...
[4 replies] Last: Yes that worked, thanks a lot (by machinafour)
Help with calling functions, looping.

I'm trying to make a program that calls functions in a loop until a certain sentinel value is met. Certain criteria have to be met for this, and it's really stu...
[3 replies] Last: Glad I could help, good luck learning the language! (by Werner2)
Boolean operators on strings

Hi, I was wondering if boolean operators worked on strings like they do on integers. I have some code: if (input == "string1" || "string2") { ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! That's what I get for try to cut corners.... (by fartsmartly)
what is wrong with this code

I recently got a question from my professor that requires me to figure out what is wrong with a certain code. im just double checking if i got it right //pr...
[3 replies] Last: i wanna try it but i dont know how to start. thnk u. ye smply ntr ... (by rodiongork)
October 2013 Pages: 123456... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.