Beginners - October 2013 (Page 5)

Feedback??

Hi all I've just finished this kind of calculator and I would like to hear a little feed back on it, I tried to use a little bit of all the stuff I've been rese...
[6 replies] Last: What your calculator needs is a template, learn how to use C++ templat... (by Uk Marine)
by tkchau
Sth strange: public variable can be output in the constructor but not outside

Here's my main function #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; #include "createnetwork.h" int main() { int N ={2}; int arr1 ={0,1,1}...
[6 replies] Last: In line 63 of your constructor, you're declaring a local variable int... (by MikeyBoy)
by rineae
Getting wrong message for function

if (a <= 800 && a >= 200){ ansa = true; }
[3 replies] Last: A single line of code may not be enough to figure out the problem. I t... (by Chervil)
Problem with dynamic memory allocation

I am new to C++ and is learning about dynamic memory allocation. I wrote a code to learn the use of "new" operator but is having problem with the output. Here'...
[3 replies] Last: Several issues. #1: Was it so hard to use the provided code tags? Ple... (by Albatross)
Writing to files

Hello guys, I need help, I want to write the results of the cin to the fie but it always rewrites the file, how do I just make it open the file if it's already ...
[2 replies] Last: ty (by Code Apperentice)
How to print out part of an array?

Hi all, I'm currently working on a program that takes RNA letters A, C, G, and U and converts them into codons. Ex. AUG = MET (codon) I am then supposed t...
[3 replies] Last: Of course you can use C-strings. strstr http://www.cplusplus.com/refe... (by keskiverto)
multiplayer

i have a project for school where i am making a multiplayer dice game, i havent learned how to do that yet and when i try to google or youtube it, all i keep ge...
[3 replies] Last: it is not intended to be played across a network (by dthunderchunky)
Pointer Array and Files

I have an assignment where I am to allocate an array of 100 pointers, all pointing to a struct called Movie. I am to also store the movie name and rating. This ...
[11 replies] Last: I got it to work! I'll post the complete code here for reference. Than... (by ZedjayCoder)
by stacyd
C++ Guessing game program switch statement that chooses random messages

I have to have 10 messages for when they win, lose and are asked to play another game that are chosen randomly to print. I am suppose to use a switch statement....
[3 replies] Last: I know how to so the tries left but I'm in my iPad and it's hard to ty... (by fahmankhan75)
text based RPG

I really dont have much of a question. still pretty much learning the basics right now. i just want some feedback. im mostly just outlining right now for a text...
[4 replies] Last: Firstly you should use subprograms for repeated code. Secondly when y... (by giblit)
by Wiebs
Multiple Value Returning Functions w/accumulator

Greetings, I am new to C++ and have encountered a difficult (to me at least) homework problem. The problem states: The payroll manager will enter the numb...
[3 replies] Last: A function for that is overkill, it's as simple as doing totalGrossPa... (by maeriden)
enumerated data type as a menu item selection

My otherwise detailed assignment prompt has a sentence in the middle reading "Use an enumerated data type for the menu item selection" The trouble is I ca...
[2 replies] Last: If a value is not specified for the first enumerated value it is autom... (by maeriden)
Problems reading multiple numbers from a file using a function

I am attempting to read in multiple numbers from a file named testnum.txt (3 test grades for each student, 2 students for this example). Another function should...
[3 replies] Last: I made some adjustments but it still isn't reading the second line of ... (by noobie09)
Can't get the right Month

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string> double high_sales(char ,double); double low_sales(char ,double);...
[5 replies] Last: thank you so much i got it to work. (by vagabond11)
Doublecheck and help with my errors? I've been working on this same problem forever

Here's my code: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main(int argc, const char * argv ) { //Define variables char package; //types...
[14 replies] Last: //these months each have 31 days if ((month == 1) || (month == 3) ||... (by mmy23alxo)
How do I equal a class object to a pointer of a class object?

**This program is only an example of my real program to show what the problem is** I'm having a bit of a problem since I can't send the value of a pointer obje...
[2 replies] Last: Do you suggest a better way to make an inventory when there are about ... (by Tiger58)
Assigning numbers to different processes? Don't know how to describe.

I want a number to be assigned for each process or input. I think the code I have gives an illusion that it's doing that, but I don't think it is. So for this c...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks; I'd already figured it out, using arrays, using that tutorial ... (by Chaosepsilon)
Char Problems

I am not sure how to do this. It is for a part in my C++ class. I have to create a char Variable called registered and initialize it to an empty space. I do ...
[1 reply] : They probably mean a whitespace but specifically the "space" created b... (by giblit)
Fibonocci Sequence

Hi there, I am currently taking an intro to c++ class and need help with a homework assignment I have: --------------------------------------------------------...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the suggestion! It really helped me get things i... (by ukprakash)
Grading Program

Need help to input a code for y/n and entering a 0 and also, my code is displaying ,y numbers I input instead of displaying from highest to lowest when I compil...
[no replies]
October 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 86
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.