Beginners - October 2013 (Page 84)

Strange crashes using cout or Strings

Having been playing with the tutorials a bit, I'm getting very odd crashes for code that should be fine (I've played with both C and Java before). The following...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=BitRat]There seems to be a difference between using gcc or g++ ... (by LB)
by Nefri
String, char

Hello,im begginer and i have problem with one of my homework, i have no idea how string and char works, i searching it for around 2 hours but still dont get suc...
[16 replies] Last: [quote=Manga]to work only with the first word of the string change lin... (by LB)
Bubble sorting of 2d dynamic arrays

Write your question here. I have got an assignment of bubble sorting with specific requirements and they are program will be reading the value of n from a fil...
[4 replies] Last: NwN thanku (by Sophia11)
help me for char==??

help me for line 22? char==??? to break the loop???????? #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; int main() { float m; char f; ...
[7 replies] Last: @eyenrique i do it :) if i can help you i do it @giblit. ty for you... (by mohsenios)
plz see this code.i have to submit it tomorrw but i hav alotof work to do

can anyone tell me how to write function that has following specifcations. search for a house that has some price and the price is not more then a specified am...
[3 replies] Last: Try to not procrastinate next time. (by Josue Molina)
Help with input

I started c++ recently and I know the basics like input and output, classes,arrays ect. I want to know how to make something happen if a key is pressed, not lik...
[4 replies] Last: Its not a console application, I'm using the visual c++ UI builder. (by Eruthien)
I mixed my functions up and can't figure out how to swap them

I need to switch the work from main () to the userspec() function but it is going horribly. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? This is due today and I ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, Why would you wan to move it into main()? The idea behind ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
i need help

can anyone tell me how to write function that has following specifcations. search for a house that has some price and the price is not more then a specified am...
[3 replies] Last: maybe void find_price(int price){ //if price is less or equal to s... (by eyenrique)
Another help needed

Why does the word "bot" and the "censored" word print when it is not supposed to? #include "std_lib_facilities.h" using namespace std; int main() ...
[8 replies] Last: since at the start of your code you say using namespace std; now ... (by Manga)
rot encrypt c++

so basically I need to create a encryption function using rot . The function shold not contain the string to be encrypted and should not contain a decryption fu...
[4 replies] Last: The function shold not contain the string to be encrypted I thou... (by chipp)
Linked List sorting

hello! what is the code to sort a Linked List of Linked lists ? thank you for your help.
[9 replies] Last: You don't have to transform the list into an array; I used array notat... (by Josue Molina)
pattern

8 by 8 board where all positions are 0, except the diagonal #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { for(int r = 0 ;r < 8;r++){ ...
[12 replies] Last: thank you very much (by ahmarajeel)
Syntax Error C1075: end of file found before the left brace '{' was matched

Every time I try and build the code it says that I have a syntax error and that the end of the file was found before the left brace was matched. I am new to C++...
[4 replies] Last: A good code editor should be able to highlight matched braces, place t... (by Chervil)
Beginners bug tracking

I wrote an article for bug tracking http://www.anothergames.com/inc/category/tutorials?id=8&title=become-a-bug-tracker Hope you like it!
[4 replies] Last: Ok, I am changing the title to quality assurance for games Thanks for ... (by Donanza)
by edrich
Files: Working on Function Definitions

I'm not entire sure what's wrong with this program that I've worked in class. I got it to work when everything was located in the main body, but not when I use ...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, just wanted to let you know that you helped me a lot. I got rid o... (by edrich)
trignometric inverse

how do i find trignometric inverse of any required function using c++
[1 reply] : Take a look here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cmath/ (by condor)
Syntax Error: Friending a class

My compiler keeps stating that I have a syntax error when I try to friend ostream. "syntax error: missing ';' before '&' (line 55 on this page) What am I doing ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't see you using using namespace std; anywhere Which is a goo... (by MikeyBoy)
inheritance question

so I have just started learning about inheritance and wanted to know if I can create a factory that checks 3 classes that all extend 1 class and returns one of ...
[1 reply] : now my question is can a pointer employee point to all these function... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Simple Bank Account Issues

It compiles fine but crashes every time its run. Reads account info from a csv file ill include. Im new to c++ and have only used c# before. Bank.cpp #...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Could you be slightly more specific about the point at whic... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Post a picture in XCode

How might I go about outputting a picture in my directory to a separate window? Designing a music theory program and want to be able to look at key signatures ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Your question is not entirely clear to me. Are you writing ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 8283848586
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.