Beginners - October 2013 (Page 85)

Computing Radius, Area and Diameter program

Im tying to create a program that could either area, diameter or radius (depends on what the user will pick) then it will compute 2 outputs. example, i pick ...
[2 replies] Last: There are two obvious errors, and a few other issues too. One, a varia... (by Chervil)
Programming issue

So this is what i need to do and its not coming out right in my code. A function to calculate how long the balance will take to grow to a given value. This func...
[1 reply] : Hi there, You will have to declare a function as follows: int calcu... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Aibsr
pure abstract classes

Hii I found this code in a website but i didn't understand the explaination class DrawableObject { public: virtual void Draw(GraphicalDrawingBoa...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you all. I got it:) (by Aibsr)
by leo255
Don't understand why this BarChart works

This is one of the functions in a larger class, most of which I understand very clearly. I understand most of this, and actually have it memorized (I memorize e...
[4 replies] Last: @Disch explained very well. I hope this helps //BarChart.cpp //How t... (by eyenrique)
Local class and static variables within a function

Hi, I would like to know if something of this sort is legal, standard c++: template<typename value> void Database<value>::select(DBSelectOperation selOp, c...
[9 replies] Last: If you don't use something the compiler won't try to find it, which is... (by LB)
by RLC
placement new memory

I am trying to reserve chunks of memory to save records of a struc type. I seem to have the int field down? But, there is one member that is char and I have no ...
[7 replies] Last: This program works for me #include <iostream> #include <string> #inclu... (by LB)
mastering the standard template library

So i finishe my c++ course, my first programming language and am spying at python too ;) i have to say that i was not taught much about the standard template...
[4 replies] Last: did you learn it on your own, were you having better teachers? online... (by Cubbi)
Beginner needs help!!

Thanks
[3 replies] Last: Hi, welcome to C++ and to this forum. First of all i suggest you to s... (by nvrmnd)
C++ program that will convert any given string input into its Hieroglyphic Translation... How?

Create a program that will convert any given string input into its Hieroglyphic Translation. Example: Type a string: The quick brown fox jumps over th...
[1 reply] : Two comments. First, it looks like the "Hieroglyphic Translation" Th ... (by Chervil)
Clarification needed on Copy constructors topic

Firstly, thanks for the great site here. Without it i would have not come this far in becoming familiar and feeling my way round C++. I am currently tryi...
[5 replies] Last: Semantics is fun. For the first, consider: MyClass *foo = 0; MyClass... (by keskiverto)
by jpcode
Tokenization of strings

I am using the following code which can tokenize the strings based on DELIMITER. But I want this data to be saved in a vector such that I can access the data an...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> void anywher... (by cire)
by cshu
evaluating postfix expression

so far my program works fine but I keep getting one error which is: error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'int ' to 'int' 1> There is no conte...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=cshu]so I don't need line 15 or 16? That would be the wrong co... (by Chervil)
C++ program that will ask for a person’s name and out its magic number. How?

Create a program that will ask for a person’s name and out its magic number. (Refer to the table below) The person’s magic number will be based on the pers...
[1 reply] : 1. Upgrade to a more recent compiler. For instance http://sourceforge.... (by JLBorges)
Rot13 and Rotation Encryption

I'm having issue with my method for character rotation. I think the issue is that when I try and rotate a character above 'z', I can't rotate it back to the sta...
[2 replies] Last: I think the specific issue with this line of code: if (c > 'z') /... (by Chervil)
Pass few arguments

Here is the problem # Enter arguments : -P -L -A read first # //example coding # if [ "$first" != "-P" && "$first" != "-L" && "$first" != "-A" ] t...
[3 replies] Last: sorry. post wrong topic .. (by Lim Boon Jye)
by wolfv
compile error - please help

Please help me find this compile error. The code is a simplified Composition and Interfaces example from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_over_inherita...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for identifying the problem Zhuge. Fixed by moving the interfac... (by wolfv)
Permutation Problem

I'm having a problem creating a code for the Travelling Salesman Problem using the Brute Force solution (as instructed by my teacher). I have to read a file tha...
[2 replies] Last: I was unable to reproduce you crashing but I believe your issue is lin... (by histrungalot)
how to return multiple values

how do I return both of these values back into my program? double getInput (double hoursworked, double payrate ) { // request the t...
[2 replies] Last: As lb mentioned instead of passing by copies pass by reference you wou... (by giblit)
omit even numbers. please help!

How do I get it to make me enter another number if it isn't an odd number? #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std ; int main ( ) ...
[3 replies] Last: That's the whole point it looks when it is even. Because you wanted od... (by giblit)
can't make function work

I'm supposed to make a simple game of 21 (blackjack but without the suits) program using an array for the deck. I have figured out how to get the deck to shuffl...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! That did the trick! (by Khillz3000)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 83848586
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.