Beginners - October 2013 (Page 86)

How to learn OpenGL

Hey all, wondering a good source to learn basic OpenGL for XCode. I'm pretty new to programming so I don't understand a lot of the jargon that goes on. I know...
[2 replies] Last: Eh, OpenGL for Mac is complicated because of the drivers being limited... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by maxbb
struct in struct

// test1.h struct a { int data; struct b { int data; }; }; // test2.h struct a; void print( const a & ); struct a::b; // why comp...
[1 reply] : Without the definition of struct a, the compiler doesn't know that the... (by LB)
by layzer
Help getting dice to roll 10000 times.

I have to write a program that rolls 2 dice 10000 times in a game of craps and calculate the odds of winning and losing. I have the program working to 1 roll b...
[2 replies] Last: Perfect! Much appreciated! Thanks! :D (by layzer)
Velocity Calculation gone wrong

The numbers I need to input test are as following: Start milepost? 321 Elapsed time (hours minutes seconds)? 2 15 36 End milepost? 458 The result should be ...
[7 replies] Last: I would suggest xismn's method it is more accurate since doubles are t... (by giblit)
by anzhit
Weird error being returned by codeblocks

This is a part of the code for a assignment. it compiles properly but whenver i run it it runs fine up until where i call the index_sort function where codebloc...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks just figured out i forgot to initialize the index array a . Pro... (by anzhit)
by NowSee
The OpenGl window application

Hey, iam currently working with the book "OpenGl Game Programming" - Kevin Hawkins etc. In the chapter "The OpenGl window application" i just tried to compi...
[5 replies] Last: Right on, L B. (by xismn)
random numbers from 50 ~ 100

I have a code that generates 40 random numbers from 50~100 and put them in array and then sort it from smallest to largest. also print out 5 smallest at the end...
[9 replies] Last: @akshayoh thanks! it works now :3 (by timk123)
Accessing array of an object

I am overloading the * operator and I am having trouble accessing the array of the object that the method is called on. ex result = a *b; I am having troubl...
[11 replies] Last: sorry my mistake... the caffiene is wearing off, and thought you said ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by Sujing
Need help for counting unique lines

Hello. I am currently trying to write code for finding unique lines as well as unique words. I have my attempted code below for unique lines but it is not calcu...
[3 replies] Last: Something like this: unsigned long getUniqueWords(const std::string s... (by xismn)
I need help writing certain lines of code

I need help writing a specific line of code: 1) I'm asking use to enter a file name. How do I write an error checking if/else statement that checks if the fi...
[5 replies] Last: i used if(!fin) thanks though (by toshbar)
Calculating Pi

For class we need to write a program that takes in an input (n) that determines the number of terms in the approximation of the value of pi and outputs the app...
[4 replies] Last: You should be able to do it pretty easily with a for loop Basically ... (by giblit)
by stacyd
removing a comma from my output

I need the comma in my program to be removed in my output I messaged my instructor for assistance and this is what she messaged me back: The problem is that wh...
[3 replies] Last: does my last.find look right? I am not sure what to put in the () for ... (by stacyd)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 848586
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.