Beginners - October 2014

by ramdom
Base Class Undefined Problem

Hello guys i am trying to fix my code for past 5 hours and cannot find a solution so if any experts can help me out please. ok so my 1 parent class(Employee) ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys I solved it by declaring object of Accounta... (by ramdom)
Simple probblem.. expected primary expression before

So i'm writing a program that will calculate slope with a function called linear, a loop is required in main to execute this. Also a requirement that if the tw...
[4 replies] Last: Ahh, thank you for pointing that out that was the problem lol. For so... (by justinc978)
Trying to make Binary Look Pretty

So the goal of this program was to set a table of different sets of numbers from different bases. When I print out Binary numbers, I wanted to get them spaced l...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <limits> #include <bi... (by JLBorges)
whats happening here

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int recursion(int x); int main() { cout<<recursion(7); } int recursion(int x) { if(x==1||x==0)...
[3 replies] Last: Call graph looks like rec(7) rec(6) + ... (by MiiNiPaa)
calculating avg of an array

I can't figure out what I did wrong here. I'm pretty sure the sortArray function is correct because my teacher gave me that, but my function to calculate the av...
[2 replies] Last: your "sum" only gets one number : tempArray or tempArray . you need ... (by moufou)
LNK 2019 LNK 1120 error

I keep getting a LNK 2019 error and a 1120 error and I can't figure out why. I have created other projects, new source files, and retyped it, but I can't fix it...
[2 replies] Last: I just seen my error thanks for the help (by mtbrooks1993)
Reading string from file then selection sorting

Ok so this is a time around I need to read strings from a file and sort them using Selection sort. I took a bit of another program that read strings using a get...
[1 reply] : you confused some variables here string array ; /// this is an array... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
please

i have a question how does this line work out //(base * recursive(base, total -1);// im confuse because you have 2 arguments first is base and second is total...
[1 reply] : its base^total = (base*(base*(base*(......) ) ) ) (by anup30)
Array Question

I am new to programming and I can't figure out why this is only giving me the first number in the file and not filling the array. The file is just 12 numbers an...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you I forgot to use the for loop when printing it out. I am only... (by mike3535)
Struct, Array? Help.

Basically, I have the struct below for the details of a course including the number of students and their names. What I am trying to figure out is how to have t...
[1 reply] : look into vectors: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector/vector/ (by Esslercuffi)
Doing a quiz..what is wrong?

OK so I noticed a few things that are very confusing.. maybe someone can explain to me what is going on and why? Here are my files.. // quiz1.cpp : Defines th...
[4 replies] Last: As i said i haven't worked with attached files at all so i don't know ... (by Jacobhaha)
by rinzu
Make a program Using if-ealse Statement

Hi.Can you please help me make a program out of the problem.It's our homework but I'm still new on it and I can't make a program.It's will be pass on the next 1...
[6 replies] Last: I see alot of people coming here for help on their homework 12 - 24 ho... (by Jacobhaha)
Help with class

Could anyone please explain what the syntax : public std::binary_function<double,double,double> means? class DF2Yield : public std::binary_function<do...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, denormal! (by Xuan Liu)
code crashes at run time but compiling fine

ok so this code crashes when i run, but it compiles fine..can anyone look throught and tell me why? thanks in advance #include <iostream> #include <vect...
[10 replies] Last: lol thanks...when you're done with the beer..just add another bottle a... (by donvigor)
C "Do points make a rectangle"

Hi, I'm trying to make a program that you enter 4 x and y coordinates into that will then verify whether the 4 coordinates make up a rectangle. Also it needs to...
[no replies]
unique book id in a library database

I am writing a library database management software. I want to make sure that the the book id of one book won't be equal to book id of another book. This is s...
[9 replies] Last: Get the aspirin ready. hahahaha thanks for the help. Working on reg... (by omkarborkar95)
Matrix help

I am having some basic ADT matrix issues. Here is what my goal is: Write a specification for the SquareMatrix ADT. Remember, an ADT specification should have fu...
[1 reply] : http://www.filedropper.com/errorlist this is my error list (by goku200285251)
by savanh
please your help

hey every one, i have a qestion and i have just one day to answer it ,so i really need your help friends. here is it Write a complete C++ program thatcalcu...
[5 replies] Last: Post your code and we'll help you with it. (by Duthomhas)
c string help

I'm having trouble understanding c strings. I need to be able accept a string from the user. then count how many numbers are in it and report it back. I'm not ...
[1 reply] : Okay, first of all a string is basically an array of characters. They ... (by Tom56785)
i need assistance

i have a question how did the last line in my recursion function get executed when my recursive call comes after it #include<iostream> using namespace st...
[5 replies] Last: x=1. So you call recursion(1). Line 12 calls recursion(2). This call ... (by dhayden)
October 2014 Pages: 123... 70
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.