Beginners - October 2015

Roman numerals help?

So far this sort of works I guess however I'm not sure how I would get it to do the IV or VII or whatever. It'll only go either IIIIIIII......, VVVVVVVV...., XX...
[1 reply] : Never mind guys I freaking did it! Had to modify it quite a bit but I ... (by rabster)
DELETE and DESTRUCTOR

Hi everyone! i have a test next week, and i have a few questions, about the following code: 1. can you please explain me the order of the delete/ destructor he...
[7 replies] Last: Do you understand what it means to declare a method as virtual? (by MikeyBoy)
by Chubby
Returning letter

I am writing the coding which is display the contain of the file is number,letter,...etc but I stuck on the keyword part Let say i have if is written in the ...
[no replies]
How to use iterators within a template

Hi, I'm working on a vector class that is basically supposed to work the same way as the actual vector class in the c++ library. I have started to make the outl...
[1 reply] : I strongly suggest implementing and testing incrementally. First, imp... (by cire)
Prime Number List in a File?

Write your question here. Hey guys, I made a program but I don't know if i did it right? When I run it, it doesn't show anything. Here's the question, Use the ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I will try that! Thank you for the responese (by Serge1005)
by mgr
\Program4.cpp:65:2: error: expected unqualified-id before 'if'

Write your question here. Hi, I'm trying to build this this example code in Eclipse but I get the error: \Program4.cpp:65:2: error: expected unqualified-...
[2 replies] Last: This is cool, thank you for the quick answer. I thought it was somet... (by mgr)
c++ wrapper for sql server?

hello guys i need a c++ sql server wrapper that can connect to sql server using odbc. i find this one but i cant able to use it in visual studio 2015 commun...
[1 reply] : if someone plz try to compile the nanodbc in visual studio and tell me... (by tjnapster555)
by bbnp
compiler error of undeclared cin & l.. I need assistance

I have been learning how to add multi files using headers, but VS express 2015 gives me an error of cin and l not declared in the main.cpp #include<io...
[4 replies] Last: Okay i got it to work by adding #include<iostream> .. :) much relie... (by bbnp)
only allow cin with specified input..

Hey all, Happy Halloooooweeeeeeeen.. I want to restrict input on cin if i can. Say if the user needs to input a number 0-9 how can i capture just that and...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Use std::stringstream . http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/sst... (by TheIdeasMan)
I have no idea....

Hi all. I have a lab due and am completely stuck. The other 4 parts were not as difficult as this part so... help! Here is the problem... Write a long...
[1 reply] : Looks like you should start by reviewing functions! http://www.cplus... (by wizebin)
Advice on knowing what loop to use.

Here is the scenario: Modify the program to run the whole program as often as the user wants.Specifically run the whole program AT LEAST ONCE for the first set ...
[7 replies] Last: how would i do the calculations? (by beccak0316)
Knowing what loops to use

Here is the scenario: Modify your code to check for valid input values. Specifically: The Wholesale Cost must be positive. { I.e. not zero or negative ...
[17 replies] Last: it was suppose to be a while statement...she took off points (by beccak0316)
why does my program end when it's an infinite loop?

I wanted to make an infinite loop where I take the number one and divide it by 2, it would keep doing this as long as the resulting number is a real number. I k...
[1 reply] : To be able to keep going on forever, you would need to be able to stor... (by shadowmouse)
by kami06
if-else statement for words

Hello Everyone :) I am a beginner in c++ so i dont have much knowledge. I recently saw the tutorial video of "if-else statement" and everything worked fine whe...
[2 replies] Last: A couple problems with your program. Line 9: a is an int. You can't... (by AbstractionAnon)
whats the error in this program?

in this program we are supposed to enter numbers greater than or equal to 0. if we enter a number lesser than 0, the program should end and then display the tot...
[9 replies] Last: I appreciate you guys trying to help, but the thing is, I started C++ ... (by kamilhassaan)
by Matiss
Help for homework

Factories maximum production capacity is X parts per day , but the manufacturing process every day of the year waster 0-5 % ( random number ) to the extent of t...
[1 reply] : If this is homework, it means you should have some basic knowledge of ... (by sasauke)
by Rehmat
Need simple help

Assalam-o-Alaikum! Seniors i need help for a program that after running ask for an input and when i write as an input in one line 2+3= or different operator ...
[1 reply] : You need to write some code first. Post it here. We will analyze it an... (by sasauke)
TStringList, Integer with leading zero's

Hi Guys or ladies can you help please I’m trying to write an integer value to a TStringList with leading zero’s. I’ve tried using setw() & setiosflags l...
[6 replies] Last: Hi TheIdeasMan Thank you so much for you help I've managed to find a ... (by closed account Shp21hU5)
Problems of printing pattern

When I try to use 2d array to print a greeting card, the output of the columns are not I want(it shifted). Can someone teach me how to write the correct code t...
[15 replies] Last: So if I want to use the function to store the value of a symbol in the... (by w535745)
How to pass arrays to functions?

So i have the code (below) and no matter how i try to pass the array it just won't work? I keep getting the error: No matching function for call to "wpisz_park"...
[no replies]
October 2015 Pages: 123... 57
  Archived months: [sep2015] [nov2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.