Beginners - October 2017 (Page 31)

by kg98
call function with a loop

Hello, so for my homework i am supposed to create a coin toss stimulator. The output should should the number of flips the user chose to enter, number of heads ...
[2 replies] Last: a) If you divide an integer by an other integer, you’re performing a... (by Enoizat)
IDE help(looking at return type)

hi guys long time since I have been on the forum almost a year at this stage,I took a break from programming but have been doing a little bit of java on the sid...
[7 replies] Last: thanks guys (by adam2016)
Output data in columns

I am currently trying to write a code in which I will have information displayed in two different columns. The first column will be the population in thousands,...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you. (by smitty007)
Password Validation Program Help

Hey there. I have a coding assignment I'm supposed to complete for my Intro to C++ class. I thought I had everything figured out, but for some reason, my code ...
[6 replies] Last: you need to debug this carefully. change it to check 1 condition at ... (by jonnin)
Beginner exercises that use classes, structures, arrays, loops, etc.

Hi, I wanted some beginner exercises with which I could practise C++ other than the ones already provided by Blitz Coder on another thread. I found some on the ...
[no replies]
by Qbeq1
Quotation marks in quotation marks

Hi, I want to make a program which turns off the computer. See: #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("@ECHO off"); system("shut...
[1 reply] : Use \" to represent a quote when it is part of a quoted string. Se... (by Chervil)
can anyone help me here?

is there any chance to shorten this code? " { largest = a; smallest = b; } " i will paste my codes below #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h...
[2 replies] Last: I guess it will be shorter one. #include <iostream> #include <vec... (by DonRumata)
somebody help with converting this algorithm to a c++ code

function FIND SHORTEST PATH(Grid world) q<-new Queue; s<-new Stack; Initialise a Distance array of NumRows by NumCols to MAX.INT; Distance <-0; ...
[1 reply] : Duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/222401/ Pleas... (by MikeyBoy)
While reading a sample code I came across this

what is the meaning of this when brackets are written before ? I mean what is the meaning of (int i) on the line 9. // all_of example #include <iostr...
[2 replies] Last: It is a lambda expression, introduced in C++11: http://en.cppreference... (by keskiverto)
Beginner C++ Help

Completely New to C++ Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I'm completely new to C++. I've installed NetBeans 8.2 on my Windows laptop and was told I ...
[18 replies] Last: @skifteri: Using system("pause") is a bad idea, for reasons discuss... (by MikeyBoy)
Calling a function for the first time (date)

I am writing a program that calls a function for the first time. The assignment is to write a program that prompts the user to enter a day, month, and year (as ...
[2 replies] Last: @shimshim96: You need to double-check all your if statements, and m... (by MikeyBoy)
calculate grading curve

2 questions: 1. I need numPointsActuallyEarned to have a running total (through Addition) of the number of grades, equel to numStudents. 2. The program is sup...
[1 reply] : I need numPointsActuallyEarned to have a running total Sorry, I’m ... (by Enoizat)
Determining Largest, Smallest & Mean from File Input:

Please let me know if I am doing anyting wrong.
[1 reply] : cout << "The number of numbers entered is: "; cin >> number; ... (by Repeater)
how to only tax certain items that are in an array, also some output help

Hello everyone, so im working on a program were I have to read from a file and tax items and present them in a specific way . My issue now is im not sure how to...
[1 reply] : While normaly it is good to seperate code into independent functions i... (by coder777)
by ldp157
ROT-13 using the entire printable ASCII Character Set C++

I am trying to create a code that will use the entire printable ASCII Character set. My problem is that when it comes to characters that will be a number higher...
[5 replies] Last: One of the problems here is that char i; is a signed type, its value... (by Chervil)
How to output without the first line.

I'd like to know how to output everything in the file except the 'Student's Shopping List line. Student's Shopping List apple 0.89 book 135.00 eraser 0...
[1 reply] : You could use getline() to read and throw away a line as here: http... (by Chervil)
Assistance with Greedy Best First Search Algorithm

I am trying to implement a best first search which takes in input of points(x,y) from a test.txt file. After its traversal it should output the same points/vert...
[no replies]
Need help with programming

Hello Guys, I am trying to write a code that lets me input an infinite amount of numbers and save the top 2 largest numbers and the 2 lowest numbers with a mini...
[2 replies] Last: Please only post once. The exact same people will see your question r... (by jonnin)
Downloading Libraries / Recompiling / Etc.

So I check out a library I'm interested in on GitHub (qt, opengl, etc.). I download a zip file; unzip it to my desktop; and put it in an appropriate folder. No...
[2 replies] Last: THANKS ALOT JLBORGES!! How the heck have I not seen this until now?? (by JohnDeBord)
by Jsmo10
Help with ceil to round up number

Hello everyone! I am doing an assignment for school and I can not figure out how to use ceil to round up my numbers. I have tried putting it as double ceil = se...
[5 replies] Last: So we are learning how to use if/else than statements and I thought it... (by Jsmo10)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 2930313233
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.