Beginners - October 2017 (Page 5)

Code errors

Create three arrays of 20 integers each. Fill in two arrays with data, leaving the third blank. From main, pass these three arrays into a function. Inside the f...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much. That cleared it up for me. (by polodude8888)
Player Scores Arrays with functions project

I am new to C++ and am having a hard time with my current project. I have this set of code but I have 2 errors. 1. I have a GLOBAL VARIABLE and the program can...
[4 replies] Last: So looks like I figured it out just in case anyone else needs to do th... (by jonk8623)
Cant Find the Error

As you may guessed i am trying to write a code where the user puts the amount of water that they use and the program should show the price depending on the amou...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by MertAksoy)
how to compress thhe code while getting the same results?

This is a small program I wrote with what I have learned since I started codeing in C++ about a week ago. ¿how to compress the code to minimum, while gettin...
[2 replies] Last: thanks I will try out the "for" loop right away, and btw another quest... (by sauerplayer)
Searching for values in strings

Hello, I am new to string manipulation and I am having a difficult time searching for values in another string. I have successfully transferred the data from el...
[5 replies] Last: How exactly does that work? #include <iostream> #include <fstream>... (by lastchance)
Load data from a file or as user input?

I have an assignment (C++) that contains a Class that makes some arithmetic operations on two variables and it is required to give the user the choice whether...
[1 reply] : Hello OmarGera, It looks to me like the beginning of main you will ha... (by Handy Andy)
Midterm Project Assistance

I am working on my midterm project for my beginners coding class. I have divided many parts into separate functions. I have come to a point where I need to re...
[14 replies] Last: Hello RCUniversal, Look at this bit of code and tell me what is wrong... (by Handy Andy)
I have this code and I want to make it so that each number can be outputted only 4 times each.

I have this code and I want to make it so that each number can be outputted only 4 times each. //c++ version 5.11 #include <iostream> #include <stdlib....
[1 reply] : Looks like you trying to create and shuffle a deck. First thing I woul... (by knowclue)
Functions

This is a practice assignment for one of my classes, I don't understand functions that well. Can anyone code this for me and explain it? I just dont know how to...
[1 reply] : The purpose of practice problems is to learn the skills you need to su... (by knowclue)
code for displaying the multiplication of numbers that is divisible by 3

Please can you help me to write a code that prints the multiplication of numbers that is divisible by 3 from 1 to 10?. Thank you.
[1 reply] : This looks like a homework problem. You'll need to use one of the ar... (by knowclue)
program to calculate hotel stay

Hey I'm stuck on step 6. I cant seem to make the code actually do what its supposed to do. /// This program that calculates the total cost of a hotel s...
[4 replies] Last: I cannot seem to get my loops to work correctly How do you know? Your... (by Enoizat)
Visual studio 2017 doesn't show errors if I use MYSQL connector

Visual studio 2017 doesn't show errors if I use MYSQL code. It just compiles a previous code which was normal. And in output shows that everything is normal. I...
[no replies]
by cash
how to delete element in an array

The user will input a number from the array that they want removed. How would I do that? else if (input == 5){ int entry = 0; cout << "E...
[2 replies] Last: 1) you could make the array data type a struct or class with a 'is del... (by jonnin)
by chuvak
Heap Corruption on delete

I am manually dealing with memory management and pointers, and I am running into an issue. I will post the whole code below, but I think it is an issue with my ...
[6 replies] Last: So the issue was simply adding strcpy(name, other.name)' into line 6... (by chuvak)
Decimal to Hexadecimal Conversion

Hi everyone! First of all, I am completely new to programming so I apologize in advance for any major mistakes. So I've been assigned to write a program tha...
[4 replies] Last: @Chervil Ah okay, thank you! I made those changes :) (by pcorone1)
by cash
How to add a number to the end of partial array

For input two, how would I add the number the user inputed to the array. #include <iostream> #include<cstdlib> #include<ctime> double getAverage(int ...
[1 reply] : What do you mean by 'partial array'? You add a number to an array lik... (by coder777)
Getting help with my code

I have a homework assignment on a compiler called zybooks. It has an automatic grader. I get the right output however for two of my functions is outputs the err...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! That really helped me! (by jollyholly11)
Help With Calculator

I made a calculator that allows you to do different operation based off of what number you type in for the first one, but its only doing addition, an someone he...
[4 replies] Last: Everyone who does this assignment forgets to check for divide by zero ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by matt24
get line comma within quotes

I'm reading from a csv file and for the most part its going well until I encounter the following line: 24,BK,Limited Free,ALTICEUSA,Prospect Park,"NORTH BOAT H...
[1 reply] : Hi, Try this : http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/manip/quoted Goo... (by TheIdeasMan)
Deleting a specified value from STL queue

I cannot seem to be able to delete a user inputted value from a queue (it can be any value in the queue). The way I am trying to accomplish this is by using a v...
[4 replies] Last: As helios was saying, why are you using a std::queue? It's inefficie... (by TheIdeasMan)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 34567... 33
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.