Beginners - October 2017 (Page 7)

Vector math problem

below is a function that (assuming a bullet impact) is intended to determine if a character was shot from in front or behind. This is my solution: 1. Calcul...
[9 replies] Last: thank you all so much (by spiritedDedication)
by cash
partially filled arrays

Write your question here. I'm creating a menu, and the first option prints random integers, and the second option will find the high, low, and average of those...
[1 reply] : Hello cash, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button) wh... (by Handy Andy)
by cash
My array menu needs help!!!

My assignment is to Write a program that displays the following menu:(I have done 0 and I'm working on 1) I need help how to work #1. 0. Create array 1. Find hi...
[2 replies] Last: is it correct now? (by cash)
Make a window and draw pixels to it without a library.

How would one do this? I've seen solutions with SDL but I want to create one without any libraries.
[5 replies] Last: #if _WIN32_WINNT < 0x0500 #undef _WIN32_WINNT #endif #ifndef _WIN... (by Duthomhas)
by eci0x
program for conversion to another base works in c++ but not in JavaScript

I made a c++ program which converts natural numbers to a base from 0 to 16. It works. The whole code is here: #include <iostream> using namespace std...
[1 reply] : In JavaScript everything is a double so lines 7 and 8 go on and on get... (by Ihatov)
Comparing across functions?

Not sure if this is even possible as I'm quite new to programming. what I want to do is say ask a user a question in a function called question, have a lis...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the answers, really appreciate it. (by petie86)
by cash
partially filled arrays

Im having problems figuring how to Calculate and print the highest value, lowest, sum, and average of the partially filled array. The partially filled array ...
[3 replies] Last: average is computed outside the loop, once -- it only works once you h... (by jonnin)
by eci0x
How to conver this to javascript?

Hello! I made a base converting program in c++ but I have a problem converting it to a JavaScript code as I am not that good in Javascript yet. Any help will be...
[2 replies] Last: Hmm... That code just gives me a whole bunch of random numbers in outp... (by eci0x)
Plinko w/Functions

Can someone help me refactor my original code to *include functions*. It's a Plinko simulator. I am a beginner, pretty awful at coding, and do not enjoy it so m...
[5 replies] Last: Hello heythere17, When I started working on your new code I put the m... (by Handy Andy)
by RNBW
Check numeric entry

I want to enter a number, a character at a time and check that it is (0-9) or (+) or (-). How do I go about that in C++?
[3 replies] Last: The way you'll implement it is completely up to you. You can read dir... (by Ihatov)
by cash
How to assign as many random numbers as specified by the user

My code doesn't work. I'm not sure how to assign as many random numbers as specified by the user. The Question: Asks user how many numbers to fill (the length...
[5 replies] Last: thanks for all the help (by cash)
Help with Mode loop

Trying to find the mode in a file here is my code Mode coming out as 0 instead of a number in the code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namesp...
[2 replies] Last: i use this to read from file header file- string.h inside main- strin... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Multiple linker errors

Hi everyone, I have started to study C++ language as part of my university studies and liked it very much. Now I'm trying improve my skills with a course ...
[7 replies] Last: But I'm curious, why do I have to add #include <string> to Student.h... (by Ihatov)
reading different data type from file and compare

i have some issue with reading different data type from the file data type format is it month/day step count for each line sample a 2a 3/4a 1/1 10001 ...
[1 reply] : My code so far ... it gets each data type right How do you know? You... (by Enoizat)
Function Help?

This is a practice problem for my test, I watched a bunch of videos and tutorials about functions and I still don't understand how to do this. Can anyone help p...
[1 reply] : Sine the function handles only 1 digit it's borderline trivial to impl... (by Ihatov)
by chuvak
Overloading +=

Edit: added display() definition Say I have a class, class Contact { char name ; long long* m_pNumber; short amtNumbers; public: Contact(); Co...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you very much (by chuvak)
Integers over 50 digits

I am making a program that will allow the user to add two 50+ digit numbers together using arrays and a class named LargeInt. Upon inputting the number, the pro...
[1 reply] : Line 15 in LargeInt.cpp. Number1 + S1 - '0'; Since you're missin... (by Ihatov)
by cash
arrays

Write your question here. My code doesn't work. I'm not sure how to assign as many random numbers as specified by the user. The Question: Asks user how many ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, a lot, I feel like I understand it much better now. (by cash)
For in For Loop control (example pascal triangle)

Hi there! I am just trying to get the "control" on for in for loops but i am having some problems.. The code that i wrote creates first a "0-matrix"and after...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, yeah after "playing" a little more with the code I understood... (by madooxx)
output position

i want to how to make the output dependent on its each individual input #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <cmath> #include <ctime> usi...
[1 reply] : ... (by Enoizat)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 33
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.