Beginners - October 2018 (Page 3)

can anyone help in this question?

sorry
[3 replies] Last: If this is a Codechef problem, you should know that the Codechef adjud... (by MikeyBoy)
Ive got two questions about learning c++

so I started watching tutorials from a guy on youtube named "bucky", Ive come to the part 35 at this point, out of 70, but its from 2011, should I continue or f...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Inspireftw]So for the first part, your function prototype, vo... (by MikeyBoy)
How to generate random numbers with a probability

I have to generate a dice roll with a probability and the probability is determined by the user entering the weight of each side. How would I generate random nu...
[2 replies] Last: Version with rand(). #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include ... (by lastchance)
error handling bad input

i don't know how to correctly handle errors in my program, instead of just printing them. each function has a basic implementation on how to check f...
[1 reply] : It entirely depends on the nature of the error. I.e. are you able do d... (by coder777)
Line Justify a input and output file

So with the help of you guys earlier in the week a program was written to "line justify" an input text. Now I have to use an input file and justify that by maki...
[1 reply] : Have a closer look at line 20. Do you really want to replace your inp... (by Thomas1965)
by dasen0
Characters per line

So, thanks to your help, I have this code for encrypting. But, to make it look nicer, I'd like to limit the characters per line to 50 (and just for a bit of pra...
[3 replies] Last: When i break it just gives me the first line of code. Edit: I figure... (by dasen0)
by dasen0
Struggling with Array Encryption (1,2)

So C++ is my first programming language that i'm learning and I've been struggling with a file encryption assignment using arrays and a simple substitution ciph...
[22 replies] Last: No, I'm going through and trying to understand what is happening. It's... (by dasen0)
Repetition Control Structures Help

Hello. I've been having trouble with this code for the last few days now. While I've finally managed to get it to the state where it compiles without an error ...
[5 replies] Last: tried to comment your code a bit. #include<iostream> #include<fstr... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
multithreading

i want to create a program where i spawn 4 threads and loop through a folder and scan a file for a regex expression. whenever the regex expression is found th...
[1 reply] : if i understood your qst correctly you need to implement a simple thre... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by TiKe
Can someone help me?

Can someone explain recursion to me? I just can't understand it
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using std::cout; void iteration(int n) { //... (by tpb)
Couting more than it should.

Can anyone tell me why my function is couting way more outputs than there are if statements? It doesn't seem possible. All I need are the characters described ...
[1 reply] : if(pun = '"'){ You're doing an assignment here. Use two equal ... (by Ganado)
projects brought forward

What do you mean? What is the topic based on? What kind of endeavor? How BIG is this endeavor?
[no replies]
Core Dump Issue

Hey, trying to do a bubble sort and my code is the following: #define SIZE 10000 #include <time.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void swap(int arr...
[1 reply] : Running it in the debugger I see that it fails on line 52 (in your lis... (by tpb)
No class template named 'x' in 'y'

When i try to compile code with TDM-GCC 4.9.2 64 bit realease i get: no class template named 'Linear_list_ord' in 'class Linear_list<std::basic_string<char>...
[4 replies] Last: Thnak you, it worked (by pasquale199876)
Program Flawless, calculation wrong.

My program to find the roots of a quadratic equation is errorless, but when i compare it with online calculators, the answer is wrong. The variable "d" in l...
[7 replies] Last: using minimum lines of code. Use the number of lines of code it take... (by Ganado)
Undefined reference to 'swap'

Hey everyone, new to the forum since looking for help since I'm new to C/C++ in general. I'm trying to get this bubble sort method working and I think it is, bu...
[2 replies] Last: I take it swap is calling a function? (by closed account yqoET05o)
cant put next customer name.

this is my source code. after i input 'Y' at "PROCEED WITH NEW CUSTOMER(Y/ N)" i cant input a new name. need helppppp. :) #include <iostream> using nam...
[5 replies] Last: Hello bigboss98, This works for my computer. #include <iostream> #i... (by Handy Andy)
by MrMode
C++ vectors

Hello, i need some help with vectors, doing one excersise from the book. i need to rearange the vector that it would be saved in reverse order. my vector is p...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, now its working. (by MrMode)
Increment equation

How could I use for loops to write out this equation? F(x)=x-x^((1+2)/(1+2)!)+x^((3+2)/(3+2)!)-x^((5+2)/(5+2)!)+ etc the number of terms would be user inputte...
[2 replies] Last: How could I use for loops to write out this equation? F(x)=x-x^((1+2)... (by kbw)
How could I reverse the increment order?

How can i make this reverse the increment of the numbers? for example if i input the shape for x and a size of 5 i want an output like this (dashes for spacing...
[1 reply] : Use an if ... else if ... else structure instead of your current line... (by lastchance)
October 2018 Pages: 12345... 28
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.