Beginners - October 2019 (Page 16)

Parameter that locates an abbreviation at the end of a sentence

I'm working on an assignment that requires me to write a program that will locate abbreviations and replace them with the spelled-out version of the words. In...
[6 replies] Last: @Handy Andy, Your code as it stands doesn't seem to produce the result... (by lastchance)
Checking how many numbers in string - Help

Hi, I need to check how many numbers are in my string. I know there is already a header that has a function to check this. But I wanted to learn and make my ...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int numD... (by lastchance)
RunTime error when accessing a dynamic memory allocated in class

Hello. Following is a code in which I have implemented matrices using classes and then added several functions into the class, such as that of addition and subt...
[2 replies] Last: You haven't added a copy constructor. The copy constuctor signature i... (by kbw)
Code::blocks change size of icons

Hello, Because I cant't see my screen very well I want to increase the size of icons for Code::Blocks but I don't know how? I tried Window with scale but un...
[1 reply] : TBH, it seems like a question for http://forums.codeblocks.org/ (by salem c)
Help in a Graph question

An undirected graph with N vertices (numbered 1 through N) and M edges. He wants to divide it into K parts (subgraphs) for some integer K. An edge is said to ...
[6 replies] Last: Umm, what happened to this thread? (by Duthomhas)
Binary Search

I am getting a logic error. It seems simple but its not working #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ int numarray ={107, 110, 215,...
[2 replies] Last: The trick with binary search is to be clear on exactly what highElemen... (by dhayden)
Bool function error

I couldn't find out what is the error in my code. When I enter no as an input it asks again "Do foam and milk are in equal amounts ?" when I enter no again the ...
[1 reply] : 1. You need to make func2() return something if the answer is somethin... (by salem c)
Read text file into string array (fstream)

Hi guys. I'm trying to figure out a way in which to read a text file into a string array. The text file holds six different cities with 3 being origin cities a...
[1 reply] : Alas, your textbook/website/teacher has failed you badly here. Just ab... (by Duthomhas)
by yoos
Why double variable cannot be initialized by value in HEX?

Hi. That code double n = 0xC0A19CA16039C000; printf("\n%lf\n%lf\n",n, 0xC0A19CA16039C000); gave strange (for me) output to console: 13880547743450...
[7 replies] Last: Yes. Even if many programmers wouldn't have encountered situations whi... (by JLBorges)
Linked List HELP!!

Hi! I'm making a linked list where it contains 6 elements and wherein if i roll a dice, starting from the first element, going to the element according to the r...
[2 replies] Last: @ne555 can you help me with the code? (by OlaveraLuffy)
Using a while loop to get a square

Hi everyone, One my project is creating a hollow square. The steps are: tell user to input an even number and a character then display the hollow square equa...
[4 replies] Last: Wow thank you for the explanation. I don't think you couldn't be any c... (by trannghi7707)
by kwaifu
for loop 4 times

Hello. I'm trying to do a program that can read the information from a .txt, and each 4 numbers can be stored into a array. So far I have this { [#include <f...
[12 replies] Last: Indeed, it's overwriting the loop counters, which is almost certainly ... (by Ganado)
the second for loop, int a

I got full credit for this assignment but i just came across the second for loop and realized that i may have made a mistake. Take a look at what the int a is b...
[1 reply] : I have no idea what your function is supposed to be doing... but yes i... (by Ganado)
Simple Calculator Program

Here is my code for a calculator program. I'm very much unsure what is wrong with the code, it isn't functioning properly. I have an infile to read from. Also, ...
[18 replies] Last: Perhaps having true/false is slightly more readable than 1/0, but I gu... (by Ganado)
rand() stuck on one integer

Hello all, I have a program where you play a guessing game. It runs properly, besides that the random number is always 42(for me atleast). What do I need to do ...
[19 replies] Last: Using C++ <random> and <chrono> headers: #include <iostream> #includ... (by George P)
Getting Garbage Result from dynamically allocated character array in a class

Hey, following is the code of my program.. The code works fine except for the part where it is supposed to print the Name of the customer. The name of the cus...
[7 replies] Last: a little late to the party, I see... nevermind then. (by jonnin)
count duplicate letters

how do i count the dupes for example Input name1: james Input name2: james so total is 10 dupes because it counts not detect detect means 5 i need the how to co...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=jonnin]most likely you want some to count with tables ... you c... (by Enoizat)
Looping my quiz

I am so lost trying to make a loop for my quiz. I want the quiz to loop if all the answers are wrong but I have no idea where to start. My code: #include ...
[1 reply] : You can use a counter for that. int counter; while(counter != numbe... (by fiji885)
Problem with paragraphs

Hi, people of the internet. I've got a problem. I figured out this piece of code to "concatenate" paragraphs. void makeParagraph() { string s...
[1 reply] : You're copying and pasting something with an empty line, which getline... (by zapshe)
Turning birthdays into a binary number

I'm making a code for class. We're supposed to make a game-ish thing where the user sees a set of birthdays, and if their birthday is in the set, says Yes or No...
[7 replies] Last: @whitenite1 thank you so much it worked perfectly! again, thanks fo... (by Mob kun)
October 2019 Pages: 1... 1415161718
  Archived months: [sep2019] [nov2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.