Beginners - October 2019 (Page 5)

by kmce
Binary search trees

Hello, I am learning data structures and reading up on binary search trees, and I am having some issues understanding some parts of it. Every example I come...
[1 reply] : its just like any other container: its sorted by one thing and can use... (by jonnin)
by Kyochi
Loops with cin as conditional

Hello, I am learning about loops and am confused about how cin works when it is the conditional. I have read that cin evaluates to true if the stream is open an...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks nuderobmonkey, that makes sense. You guys have been a huge help... (by Kyochi)
by Reikon
While Loop, Wont love me.

sorry for the dumb question. but after days of thinking and research, I had no avail. While loop hates me. if someone can provide me answers or maybe just a tip...
[5 replies] Last: Nah, this is a common mistake. Everybody's done it, you're fine. (by mbozzi)
How can I fix it?

I created a header file (MemoryTest.h) and a .cpp file (MemoryTest.cpp) with template parameter but I got the linker error once i linked the header file in ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Handy and Ganado, Thanks for the answer. I respect your time and ef... (by shafiul0304034)
No function defined in class, but it's there!

michael@caitlyn current-ourrpg $ make && ./battle g++ -c -o ally.o ally.cpp ally.cpp:19:38: error: no ‘SDL_Surface* Ally::getCurrrentSprite()’ m...
[2 replies] Last: Nevermind. I got it. I moved the definition of getCurrentSprite from... (by msulli1355)
Arrays

Hello, This is a part of my first project in c++. My question is how I can make the program read everything in the array, not only the first word wich my frien...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Davidoff, On lines 14 and 31 you compare "tunnelchoice" to "tun... (by Handy Andy)
Help with data structures

Hi, I have been tasked with creating an application that uses data structures. Problem is I have never used them and know nothing about them. The app I need to ...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> #include <alg... (by lastchance)
by vexxt
Function Help!

Hi all. I am very new to C++ (this is my first semester). And I am trying to use functions for the first time. I am aware that in my code I do not have paramete...
[2 replies] Last: Yes it’s supposed to perform one of the calculations based off which... (by vexxt)
by Avex
Command Line Calculator - Save Results in a Text File

Hello! For a project, I am supposed to create a program that allows you to make simple calculations from the command prompt. It is mostly finished, but I am hav...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks again! I really appreciate the help. (by Avex)
by Rayjk
Need help moving input text file into output text file.

I've been working on this awhile, but nothing is showing up on the output. Here's what I have to make it do. Plus I've filled in the input text data myself if I...
[3 replies] Last: Hello Rayjk, The only way I was able to duplicate your problem was to... (by Handy Andy)
Kattis Problem with Algorithm Analysis Issue

Hello everyone! I'm trying to solve this problem: https://open.kattis.com/problems/tutorial And I got it to work with all the test cases provided by kattis as ...
[4 replies] Last: not critical, but consider making friends with lookup tables. 2^n for... (by jonnin)
How to get C++ function descriptions using Company?

Forgive me if this isn't a feature which is easily available through some emacs package. I'm using Emacs for C++ development with Company, RTags, and Irony. Whe...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know of any IDE that has full text of built in library functi... (by MikeyBoy)
Function issues

I seem to be having a lot of trouble with functions, as far as I can tell no matter how I rewrite them I get issues saying stuff hasn't been declared in the rig...
[2 replies] Last: Line 6: You use Game before it is actually defined (line 12 onward).... (by coder777)
by Bopaki
The seqSearch function does not work properly

IF the item is not in the list I get wrong results: #include<iostream> #include<cassert> using namespace std; template <class elemType> class ar...
[9 replies] Last: Please post your modified code and tell us what the problem is. I.e. w... (by coder777)
Member function is not declared in this scope

Hi, I have written a simple C++ program as exercise and I need help (Sorry the ex is in french) And while finishing the main program this error occurred and I c...
[3 replies] Last: trfAgt could not be resolved. Function trfAgt was not declared in thi... (by keskiverto)
Finding The Right Bitrate for Packet Transmission With H264 Encoder

Hi everyone, I have the following issue. I am trying to write a program which should simulate the encoding of a video file through an IP-based packet switche...
[2 replies] Last: your bitrate should use 100% of the bandwidth But if 10% of packets a... (by helios)
how to handle out of range?

apt list prints an extra field " " when a package is installed. however when package is not installed it omits the " \n" field from the record. how do a write t...
[2 replies] Last: Ah Verdad! Grazie, huey! Me ayudo. (by Arcad31a)
Need Help on C++

Need to learn C++ from Scratch. Where to Start From? Thanks
[3 replies] Last: I highly advise getting a book too. And I second @Handy Andy 's sugges... (by closed account E8A4Nwbp)
by vysero
Returning strings based off other strings, need help.

I was hoping someone could guide me to the best solution to a problem I am having. I need to write some code that will return a specific string based on another...
[1 reply] : std::map<string,string> (by lastchance)
by AL88
Why am I getting this redefinition error?

Why am I getting this redefinition error? console output: $ g++ -c main.cpp Game.cpp -lSDL2 Game.cpp:4:6: error: redefinition of ‘bool Game::init(const...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your help i got a successful compilation (by AL88)
October 2019 Pages: 1... 34567... 18
  Archived months: [sep2019] [nov2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.