Beginners (Page 102)

void functions

I have an assignment where I need to use functions to make a program that lets you select two differ...
[5 replies] Last: if (gameNumber = 1) playGame1(); if (gameNumber = 2) playGame2(); Yo... (by dhayden)
How to restart loop again?

I've made the code and all i need to do is have it restart after inputting y. The problem is that in...
[7 replies] Last: title: how to restart loop again? restarting means you started the ... (by closed account 1CfG1hU5)
Play Again

Hey, I'm a beginner at coding and I have to write a code for two guessing games, one where the user ...
[2 replies] Last: int main() { int gameNumber = 0 cin >> gameNumber; if(gameNumber==1) ... (by anup30)
by Setzer
Comparing a string to an int

Is is possible to compare a string to an int inside of a while loop? Essentially, I'm making an RPG....
[1 reply] : You can use the length() member function to get the length of the stri... (by Peter87)
[b]Need help quickly please[/b]

The error is too few arguments to function in refrence to add_values() How do I fix that? Also how...
[2 replies] Last: So what would I put as the argument for line 53 to get it to call up t... (by Magnes34)
Need help with pointers

I don't get why the address of 'a' and value of 'first.mLength' are different. Shouldn't they be equ...
[2 replies] Last: I get it now. Thanks. (by avadhootp)
parseToNumbers by std::regex

Hello! My code must write numbers on the screen, but it dodn't do it #include <vector> #include ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! And sorry for my example above. It doesn't work: #includ... (by Observer)
Need Help with debugging

Hi! I have been doing c++ for 5 day and I have a problem I cant solve. So give it a go. #inc...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys! Problem fixed. I guess it's a rookie mistake, but I am ne... (by IvanErlic2000)
Opening a website from C++

Hello How would I go to open a website (with a browser) in C++? Linux -only and without system-...
[6 replies] Last: ^It only doesn't file this header: #include <QDesktopServices> (by Nielyboyken)
Keeping high score

Hello, I'm new to coding and I have to make a game where it has to keep the best score after playing...
[5 replies] Last: use fstream. and write the score to a file then use that file as input... (by coltehrman)
Need help with this program

I'm having trouble with this program. Here's the question. Linda is starting a new cosmetic and cl...
[4 replies] Last: I think Linda is being dishonest. So she wants to mark up prices and t... (by tipaye)
on type casting

why exactly c++ has kept constriant on void pointers. suppose int a=2; int *p=&a; void *voidpo...
[1 reply] : The void pointer doesn't carry any information about what type it poin... (by Peter87)
Help with a C++ rainfall program

Anyone know what this error means or how to fix? 72 C:\Users\al\Documents\rainfall.cpp 'struct s...
[1 reply] : I think you used month .lowTemp instead of months .lowTemp You mis... (by tipaye)
Help loading class objects from file input

Hello. I'm fairly new to C++ programming still, and I'm struggling loading a class (and it's two de...
[8 replies] Last: you pass it by reference. example function process_vector(vector<Pri... (by rafae11)
by doc17
Storing outputs

Im doing a program for a parking garage. Im trying to save the cost of each car that leaves the ga...
[6 replies] Last: thank you for the suggestion is does make the code more simple or user... (by doc17)
C buffer overflow not working

I was messing around with the buffers to gain some experience with buffer overflows but this seems n...
[2 replies] Last: It worked fine when I overflowed buffer_one, and the value in buffer_t... (by billy29)
How can I add loop to read 5 numbers from text file?

Dear Friends, I wrote a code to get a number from 5 files and do calculations and write the output...
[6 replies] Last: someone gave you an answer on the other thread. (by fabtasticwill)
Array stack, sorting HELP

What wrong with my codes? HELP please. #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include "io...
[7 replies] Last: is this correct? line 13 - void sort(); line 52 - sort(stackNum, N);... (by knownone)
trying to find largest and second smallest number in several inputs

how to find the largest and second ( or third etc.) smallest integer input?? i want this loop to en...
[1 reply] : hello anyone here? i need help please! (by wanchiz)
Benefits of enum (1,2)

Hi, I've got a question about using enum in classes. Let's take a look at a sample car class: ...
[20 replies] Last: Named values. Names for values. class car { static const int foo... (by keskiverto)
Pages: 1... 100101102103104... 131
  Archived months: [sep2014]

Cannot post in this page. To post a new message, go to the first page.