Beginners (Page 117)

clarification for understanding new and delete

Would anyone mind just checking my code to see if there are any memory leaks? I have been learning a...
[8 replies] Last: Also, thanks @anup30 for the alternative. (by bryan177mcsc)
by iluv41
private member error

I am getting the errors , add.miles, add.yards, add.feet, and add.inches in the '+' operator overloa...
[5 replies] Last: Odd how one works and the other doesn't. The only thing I could point ... (by Keene)
by Nebur
What is this program failing in?

I use a divide an conquer aproach to solve the followoing problem: Given a 2x2 matrix of integers...
[no replies]
Program 19

Hello, I decided to move on with my exercises, Keep track of the sum of values entered (as well ...
[no replies]
Why segmentation fault (core dump)?

I've written the following code for http://uva.onlinejudge.org/external/114/11466.html When i giv...
[1 reply] : Segmentation fault is a memory error which means you've gone beyond th... (by Keene)
While Statement inputs the last input

Alright, so this is pretty self explanatory, but the while statement in my program is using the last...
[2 replies] Last: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I would have never found that! (by Zephrman)
reading from a file into a struct

I am trying to read some data into a struct from a file, but I keep getting an error for infile >> ...
[4 replies] Last: Something strikes as odd in this code fragment: infile >> whInvento... (by megatron 0)
Timers related question

Hello everyone. Quite straightforward: which function can I use to make a program count (in secon...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much for trying, but I already knew of sleep function a... (by Metronom)
Starting a program from C++

Hello How do I start a program from C++? It's a Python script by the way. It should be working o...
[1 reply] : On Windows: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb... (by MiiNiPaa)
comprehension problem using c string arrays

Hello everybody, I'm new in c++ and don't know much about using pointers. What I actually know i...
[9 replies] Last: are pointers the same thing as arrays and arrays are pointers?? No. ... (by MiiNiPaa)
C++ primer exercise 2.4.2

Please help ? Exercise 2.27 - Which of the following initializations are legal? Explain why. a) ...
[no replies]
assigning variables to an array of objects?

I have tried a couple different ways of assigning variables to this array. When I do it this way I g...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! (by adam0421)
by NOD32
I need help passing values by reference (functions)

I absolutely suck at functions. I know that you need to declare a function, code for it outside main...
[5 replies] Last: gibllit: You are right, of course - I have been out of the C/C++ mode... (by PCrumley48)
Time input to int

Hello, I just recently started taking a C++ class so I apologize if this question is too obvious f...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome, thank you. I had a feeling it had to be done with a string, ... (by druid84)
by davez
finishing the atm

i have some problem concerning the withdraw part how can i prompt the user that the withdrawn amoun...
[2 replies] Last: nevermind i was already able to solve it (by davez)
Blog for newbs

Hi, I've been writing a blog called Adventures of a Wannabe Programmer, and would love to have any f...
[no replies]
Visibility of globally defined Vectors in Subfunctions

Can anyone see the mistake? I am generating a vector<vector<bool> > in an global namespace. Subfunc...
[3 replies] Last: //Accessing data bool access_vector(int x, int y) { /// first=pat... (by anup30)
Difference between Capacity and Size of an Array

Hello I just wanted yo know the differece between the capacity and the size of an array. Here is ...
[8 replies] Last: capacity to hold N Foos reserve(N) reserves for N+i elements //i>=0... (by anup30)
by msrt92
parameter constructor

output is not corrector its something like this Name:___________Azzz Natinality:_______Azzz ...
[4 replies] Last: All of these three constructors are meant to initialize their respecti... (by msrt92)
passing a char array to struct char

I cant seem to copy a char array to a struct variable.. struct name { char first_name ; ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstring> // did you forget it? using na... (by anup30)
Pages: 1... 115116117118119... 122
  Archived months: [sep2014]

Cannot post in this page. To post a new message, go to the first page.