Beginners - September 2012 (Page 3)

Getting Whitespaces from Text Documents

The short question is: How do I get input from a text file that says something like "the brown cow" to recognize the whitespaces using only the >> operator and...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for responding Zephilinox. Sorry to be a bother, but I trie... (by FredRock)
by dk274
Problem with functions

im new to c++, and im having trouble with functions, can someone please explain to me and maybe provide a fix to this code. thanks beforehand. #include <iost...
[2 replies] Last: Your code seems a bit muddled. For one thing, it looks like an attempt... (by Chervil)
A Simple Calendar

Alright, hey everyone! This is my first time to try this website out, so sorry if I do something incorrectly! So, I'm attempting to create a calander using ...
[1 reply] : using the zeller algorithm it would look exactly like this (I created ... (by bbrown)
write program with two nested loops that produces the following.

ABCD ABC AB A
[7 replies] Last: Damn you, sir. (by cire)
Problem with N-Queens

This is my attempt at the N-Queens problem. I ran into a huge problem and can't solve it. This is the class that manipulates the objects in a way that allows ...
[no replies]
capacity (1,2)

hi. what is the capacity in terms of a string of the data part of one node in a linked list?
[30 replies] Last: good nite. thanks for your help. I am in the Eastern Standard time zon... (by rvelez3)
linked list

hi. can someone help me match, or mirror, these two pieces of code. they should both do the same thing in the same order. The array version should be pretty obv...
[no replies]
Console application stop return?

Hi, just wondering if they are a way to make it so that when for say the client enters something and it's gone through that proccess, would it be possible so th...
[3 replies] Last: Any time :] (by Zephilinox)
counter

Hi guyz, am new to C++ and trying to get a hang of the concept. I was practicing an example i saw somewhere and basically trying to count the number of years a...
[4 replies] Last: vlad posted what you were looking for. also the (491) is my post coun... (by Zephilinox)
by dukes1
program crashing, need help!

Can anyone tell me why this program crashes when I enter 0 for How many items need to be purchased to recieve a discount? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip...
[2 replies] Last: That was it! Thanks, should have caught that (by dukes1)
by bonzi
Stack problems

I've written my own stack class as a homework assignment in my computer science class. I've run into a problem that I absolutely can no seem to figure out insid...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
Which is better for variables? Class or struct?

Ok so I have posted before trying to use a class to hold my variables, but thats not just what there meant for, or so im told. I know the only difference betwee...
[3 replies] Last: you would need two variables to hold two ints, whether you make two va... (by Zephilinox)
Problem with For Loop

#include <iostream> int main(void) { for(int i = 0; i < 4; ++i) std::cout << "ABCD" + i << '\n'; return 0; } I'm trying to use a sing...
[3 replies] Last: Output: ABCD ABC AB A Well, I guess I had some of what it was doing... (by DesiredNote)
C++ Video: User Defined Implicit Type Conversion

A 12 minutes video about the usage, pitfalls of user defined type conversion in C++. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7MNPX73FSQ
[no replies]
Program Won't Initiate

My program has been tested for errors and now that all of them are fixed, I am not getting any output that's been cout; the program doesn't run. I'm running a W...
[1 reply] : try this: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip.h> using namespace ... (by bbrown)
by se123
Rounding Numbers

I am writing a program that asks for "annual income" is there a way to get the program to round the tax due amount up or down to the next number or should I ask...
[1 reply] : #include <cmath> std::ceil(double) //round up std::floor(double) //r... (by Zephilinox)
fraction numbers

Hi I was wondering if U guys could tell me that how could i make n.nn numbers to a fraction number. please answer!! Thanks!
[1 reply] : this may help: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1188086 ... (by bbrown)
i need help and corrections pls

hello i created an application c++ for the following problem and i would like to get some suggestions and corrections from you guys pls... and thank you...
[8 replies] Last: Ok thx ill fix them and run system.hopeffuly.is gunna work this time (by clavier)
User menu w/options

This is homework so I am not trying to get answers I am just hoping you guys can guide me to the correct path. Write a program that presents the user with a ...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah I do hahha it's hard to get in touch with him. (by ek192010)
testing formatting

void CircleList::add(string s) { Player p; p.name=s; if(count==0) // no players at the table { // special case: adds a player to an empty t...
[no replies]
September 2012 Pages: 12345... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.