Beginners - September 2012 (Page 4)

by RKB344
please help!

I am trying to make a game where it has the computer guess the number you pick and you tell it whether its to High (H) or to Low (L). I can't get this to loop ...
[1 reply] : this should do it for you... #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> ... (by bbrown)
iostream

hi can anyone help i just installed vs2010 professional and started to write a code but it doesntr seem to recognize #include<iostream>, #include<strings> and ...
[8 replies] Last: but when i import and run a program that i made on another computer it... (by allan1106693)
by yoze15
If, Else If Statement Problems

I am having a problem using if and else if statements. I want to eliminate the goto statements used in my code, but every time I try to delete them and let the ...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry if I incorrectly posted this topic. I'm still a noob to C++ and ... (by yoze15)
indentation

what can I do to make the following display correctly on this forum, with the correct spacing and indentation: void CircleList::add(string s) { Player p; ...
[2 replies] Last: you mean open with square braquet, and close with square braquet? I ho... (by rvelez3)
by Serri
Prime numbers problems getting the propper code down

As the title says, i'm trying to write a program that will print out the all prime numbers below 100.. What i've been trying to write in code is: Check if any...
[7 replies] Last: Awesome :] (by Zephilinox)
making change in dollars project question

Hello I'm working on this problem where the user inputs an amount of money between $0.00 and $19.99, and the program outputs the best way to calculate the chang...
[4 replies] Last: I suggest writing a class that stores Money in ints. class Money { in... (by EddieV223)
Can someone assist me with this?

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { int count,i; cout << "\nEnter the month's start day (Sunday is 0, ...
[2 replies] Last: Untrue, Eddie. cin >> variable ; ignores all leading whitespace b... (by cire)
by Clark
Assignment Operator Trouble in Stack Class

I'm creating a new Stack class for data storage, which uses my Array class as a data member. I'm still setting up constructors and having trouble with the assig...
[2 replies] Last: Bug was on line 36 in the source code: this->Stack<Type>::operator = ... (by Clark)
Trouble reading from text file into array using pointers

I'm having a problem figuring out how to read the information from a text file and populate an array of structs using a pointer. My file and struct has 3 parts...
[9 replies] Last: I tried two different ways of doing this and I get the same junk out f... (by apeachaday)
Simple arithmetic trouble

Hello all, I feel dumb for asking this, but what operation would I need to do to show how many bags of garbage my robot is leaving behind? I know subtracting my...
[no replies]
by Pyrok
Problem with reading from a file and placing into parallel vector

My program is supposed to read data from a text file and place the data it holds into separate vectors depending on what piece of data it holds. The text file ...
[no replies]
FOR loop with Multiple message.

Just printing 1-100 but at every multiple of 10 i want to input message "Multiple of 10" next to the number. So far i can only get it to say it next to all the ...
[3 replies] Last: get rid of the "endl" or '\n' character, both of those move the text o... (by Zephilinox)
by weliot
Need help!

I have this code and the compiler is saying <New.cpp:3:1: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘int’ New.cpp:4:1: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘{’ ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks to all that help me i'm gona try to put the code nicely next ti... (by weliot)
Declaration and Executable statement

I am having trouble identifying a declaration v an executable statement. I just started C++ 2 weeks ago and I'm not familiar with the language. In the code belo...
[2 replies] Last: so In this case double Average (double , int); double Deviati... (by dartzxx)
Help please with simple code

Hello - my code below sees lowercase as capital, help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. #include "stdafx.h" using namespace System; int m...
[2 replies] Last: Many Thanks (by BigPete)
missing function header (old-style formal list?) build error

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(); { int score; Cout << "enter score below to see your result:\n"; cin >> score; if (score ...
[6 replies] Last: else (score >= 1000) { cout << "Awesome score!\n\n"; } this is l... (by Zephilinox)
How would you display dynamic variables in a cout statement?

I need to store and display the results of my for loop in my cout statements, how would I do this? // Garbage Collection. #include <iostream> ...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, makes sense, thanks for the help! (by Wenescalas)
Counting Even and Odd Numbers

I have to write a program with a switch and a loop. I think I understand how to do this...but my professor wants the program to count up to 8 positive integers,...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main(void) { int even = 0, odd = 0; ... (by DesiredNote)
need help with formatting

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- // COP 3014C Fundamentals of Programming // // Assignment ID: PROG3 //...
[1 reply] : Line 151 is using GPA_Sum without it being initialized to anything... (by soranz)
how do i type logical or operator?

everytime i try to type it out i'll have to google it and then copy and paste.
[3 replies] Last: thank you. (by Yangfizz)
September 2012 Pages: 123456... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.