Beginners - September 2012 (Page 56)

Help with very simple C program

This is a program asking a user to input numbers. It then displays the minimum and maximum values. The first set of code works fine. (Actually, it doesn't work ...
[1 reply] : its the line "EOF!=scanf("%d",&number)" and its not doing what you exp... (by seriphis)
Please help me with this code

Hi. As the title says I need help with a program I was coding, which is suppose to be an EDF (Earliest Deadline First) Scheduling Algorithm. This is what I wr...
[5 replies] Last: I think it's readable now. I used goto just for eternal looping. I ca... (by Dreamer)
recursion maze backtracking program?

Need help getting started. I need to use backtracking to find and print the path through the maze and find the gold nugget (*). The maze is represented by...
[3 replies] Last: This is what I have so far. I tried the recursive function in words: ... (by shywolf91)
by DHF
C++ Classes

I need a little bit of help here. I'm new to C++ Classes. There are some errors which I do not know how to troubleshoot. The error of "Declaration terminated i...
[2 replies] Last: int compareTo(Address a) { // same conventions as for Strings ... (by DesiredNote)
Dynamic Memory

I'm making a program that practices my skills with dynamic memory. The thing is, I know that they take up space on the fly, and I'm not sure that if I keep tes...
[3 replies] Last: Oops. Yeah as you can see that kind of stuff is fuzzy, but thanks for... (by Zincott)
push back data in a vector inside a class

I have to use a vector of a class and inside that class I have a vector of another class.! I came up with: class package { public: class aservice ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks. That worked. (by Matt01000101)
Why does this keep returning true?

So I haven't done any programming in awhile, so this is probably a blatant mistake. Anyway, this prime check always returns true, and I don't see why: inlin...
[15 replies] Last: [quote=mik2718]however, you can avoid some cycles by using n < sqrt(i)... (by ModShop)
by elgo
Taking Win32 Console game and making it into a window game

I couldn't find a good way to phrase the title. Here's what I want to do: I'm making a text-based game. I currently have it running in console (some code below)...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry, I have no idea how to do that. (by kaseron)
C++ Database control.

So this is for my final. I have to do a database on C++ and i already know how to do most of the program but im stuck in not finding a function to create the da...
[no replies]
help me to make the header file for the movie ticket system..

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { // added total2 to calculate overall sales int seat, adult, child, total, total2; char flag; sea...
[3 replies] Last: uhh...iostream? (by kaseron)
by fany28
help me wite this program

write a program that uses two identical arrays of at least 20 integers. it should calla function that uses the bubble sort algorithm to sort one of the arrays i...
[1 reply] : I suggest a title revision stating your main problem so you get more r... (by kaseron)
Need Help

I need help with a loop program. I am using a PDF file called "jumping into C++" - By Alex Allain and this is the practice problem "3. Write a program that c...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you haha. I seem like an idiot for it but I actually had no idea... (by nottheamericanaverage)
How long did it take to process?

Is it possible to make a consol output of how long time it took for the system to process the code in milliseconds? Something like: "This process took 0.001...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Aceix and soranz! =) (by Hashimatsu)
How do I declare a word-answer-variable?

What command do I use do declare a variable that should collect a word? If i was collecting an integer I would use "int" but what do I use when collecting a wor...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, I'm new to strings... So I write #include <string> in the header..... (by begremera)
Trouble with Input Validation

I am completely new to C++ and am very confused... I just wrote this, and when I enter letters instead of numbers the program crashes. What can I do to fix this...
[3 replies] Last: A good way to do it is to read input into a string, then convert that ... (by MetalMilitia)
how do I print the complement of a number or character

in c++ how do I print the complement of a number or character? hello I'm writing a bioinformatics program that performs the transcription process and I need i...
[1 reply] : For example you can define a map the following way std::map<char, cha... (by vlad from moscow)
Collecting word answers...

Hi, I'm new at c++ - programming... I would like to write a "If Else" program that asks the user if he wants to convert Euro or Swedish krona (SEK), and depend...
[1 reply] : I suggest to call it currency.:) (by vlad from moscow)
Which class has to be specified to use a virtual function

When setting up classes to use virtual functions, (ie: 3 classes using a print function), is it mandatory to put the base class as a formal parameter or can I u...
[1 reply] : What do you mean by formal parameter? If I understand correctly what ... (by KRAkatau)
by Ch1156
Question about function data types

Ok so when you have a function and its going to return a certain data type like an int, you put return blah; but what if the function is returning 2 different d...
[6 replies] Last: It might be easier for you to pass dome arguments by reference and sto... (by Mathhead200)
Questions about Coding Practices and Scalability

Greetings, I have a couple (sets of) questions I am hoping people can help me with. The first one is merely asking whether or not my coding habits are ...
[17 replies] Last: @Cubbi and Disch, you've both been an enormous help. While a lot of t... (by codaraxis)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 5455565758... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.