Beginners - September 2012 (Page 59)

Have multiple lines in one string (Read function)

Hi there,, I've made this function: #include <algorithm> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> //-------------------------------------------...
[4 replies] Last: // read all the lines in a text file into one string with newlines st... (by JLBorges)
console game woes

So I am designing a game, and it will have the standard puzzle things that console games usually do. My first problem came up when I made the structure containi...
[8 replies] Last: If you have a C++11 compiler: #include <string> #include <iostream> ... (by JLBorges)
2D game math & more

I've hit a roadblock in my coding. There are a number of things that I don't know how to do: How do I get things to follow a particular direction/path? eg....
[14 replies] Last: Seems solid to me man. Try looking into making a baseEntity class tha... (by Anthony Hernandez)
undefined reference error?

This "question" is removed by the user. Don't know how to remove this topic.
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/40071/#msg216270 (by ne555)
20 Lines program crashes continue

Hi there, I'm learning to work with functions,, it isn't my first work, my second. It crashes continue without reason. It's really simple, so why crashing? ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, I see your commend now, we posted all at the same time :D the prob... (by closed account 4i67ko23)
Replace function return + question

Hi there! This is my code for replacing automatic characters. But I don't now how to do 'return <???>;' I learn c++ from this site; http://www.icer.nl/tutorial...
[12 replies] Last: > can I replace one character with multiple? Like replace an 'A' with ... (by JLBorges)
This is very difficult

I tried to know how the computer is calculation expression "* (a + I) ". I wrote the following program. But I still don't know why. I hope you to help me to ex...
[10 replies] Last: thank you. (by amchinese)
Discussion: Correct C++ (1,2)

As the title gives away this is a discussion topic, not a question. Wich is more correct C++: int x(13); or int x = 13;
[32 replies] Last: @Zephilinox ...all of those 3 are valid, the first two are C-String... (by vlad from moscow)
2-d array

I am given to swap 2-d array i.e. swap row with column. i think my concept is correct but it is not printing on screen. if 2-d array is given : 2 1 4 9 1 3 7 ...
[2 replies] Last: void swapcol( int a , int m, int n ) { for ( int r = 0; r < m; r+... (by vlad from moscow)
debug code

Debug #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> void removem(char str ); int main() { char str ; printf("Enter string:"); scanf("%s",str); ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much Zephilinox & guestgulkan for your valuable explan... (by codeblock)
Don't want user to enter a char

I'm using a while() set up to run as long as my bool is set to 1. When its set to 0, it breaks, just as its supposed to. Only problem is if the user enter a ...
[12 replies] Last: Yes, you did. Not all macros are evil, you know. Wazzak ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by rey9
Prime Factorization

hello guys. I need help. I am making a program that will output all pime factors of an integer. This is my code #include<iostream> #include<cmath> using ...
[5 replies] Last: no problem :] (by Zephilinox)
Simultaneous Code Execution and Threads

How common/necessary is multithreading, and is there a viable alternative? I was looking at the SQLite FAQ and came across http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q6 an...
[4 replies] Last: even single-core PC's use threads, think about it, if everything was r... (by Zephilinox)
Antivirus blocks my program?

I did make a very simple program to test the & parameter. But when I try to run the program, my Antivirus screams out loud! The program I made: #include ...
[11 replies] Last: no problem ^^ (by Zephilinox)
Prime numbers c++

Hi! I need to create a program that would request person to type one number and than print if it's a prime number or not. I have no idea how to start this.
[3 replies] Last: You shouldn't hand people answers if they haven't written any code the... (by Zephilinox)
Weird Error

http://shrani.si/f/2w/XA/px8A1Nx/untitled.png Why it shows me this error for a every code ? I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
[7 replies] Last: > @JLBorges: I'm the author of one of the referenced articles on Dev-C... (by JLBorges)
by cOde5
Questions about Function,Variable & Exception Handling

Hello, I'm new to C++ & new to this forum. I've these questions for now :) ## Function: void function1(int x, int y); int function1(int x, int y); ...
[4 replies] Last: The difference between unsigned and signed is the accepted values. Sig... (by Volatile Pulse)
recursion

does recursion in fabonacci series take place like this?? formula used : fb(n)=fb(n-1)+fb(n-2) e.g. to calculate fb(4) step1: fb(4)=fb(3)+fb(2) step2:...
[2 replies] Last: The thing to remember about C++ is that it's still a linear language (... (by Volatile Pulse)
HOW TO PROGRAM DEVICE IN C++

I am c++ beginner though i have done some windows and console applications but want to start how to program a device like the bio-matric device . that is main...
[4 replies] Last: Okay thanks i will try and look for some e books (by jimobama)
Build error

Hey C++ programmers i am currently using dev c++ and when i make an simple project like hello world or calculator project and compile and try run it it give an ...
[10 replies] Last: I just wrote some 5k+ character reply about MSVC, but I'll summarize i... (by Volatile Pulse)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 575859606162
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.