Beginners - September 2012 (Page 8)

Desperate Need of Assistance

Hello I am in week 4 of my c++ programming class and I am not gettng a handle on this language. The professor wants us to create a program for the following:...
[2 replies] Last: Begin with what you know and build from there. There must be something... (by soranz)
Create a calculator using functions

So I have been working on a program that takes two integers and calculates addition,subtraction,multiplication,division, and modular division. So far I think I ...
[5 replies] Last: Yep that fixed it! Thank you so much I appreciate the help! (by Larson730)
Can someone help me !!

This is what I have written so far /********************************************************* * file name: average.cpp * programmer name: your name here ...
[1 reply] : It's asking to read 1 input and store it into 1 string. Not four input... (by soranz)
Not sure about public members in classes

The goal of my program is to use a class with private members length and width and public functions to calculate the area and perimeter. I am supposed to use a ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you everyone for the help. I was way off with my constructors (t... (by homestar319)
Program to count all vowels individually

Hi guys, I need help writing a program that outputs the number of vowels in a string using a while loop, and it will output number of a's number of e's numb...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cctype> int main(void) { int count... (by DesiredNote)
Program to make rows of digits, never going into double digits

I have this so far //File: digits.cpp //Created by: Brett Malinowski //Created on: 9/24/2012 /* A program to print out the number of rows which the user...
[1 reply] : Your logic is messed up. for (i = 1; i <= n + 1; i++) { for (k = ... (by strongdrink)
by Apathy
Reading from Text file.

Hello all. I am trying to write a program that calculates area and circumference of a circle from the radius. There is a text file open within the program and...
[9 replies] Last: Remember to 'Resolve as solved' :) (by strongdrink)
by ElizN
Setting the size of an item in a vector

Hi! I've been searching for a bit of code that will allow me to set the size of an item in a vector. This is what I've come up with - its a portion of the code ...
[2 replies] Last: Thats exactly what I need to do, I seem to have a real problem complic... (by ElizN)
Syntax error near unexpected token

When I try to execute my main function, I get the error "./main.cpp: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `(' " I'm not sure what is wrong. Any help wou...
[7 replies] Last: You should look through the module where these member functions are de... (by vlad from moscow)
Declaring and Initializing - What are they?

I REALLY should know this (but I don't) because I've been programming for quite some time now, but I have been on and off due to school. I think that declaring...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=DJLad15] "And framework, how could I practice programming with ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Applying a default parameter to an array of strings in a constructor

Hello I'm trying to create a flash card program for my own personal use. Never mind the hows or whys, but I'm trying to create a couple of classes (card and ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah. If that's the case that would be handy. Thanks for the help and s... (by Jonathon Weeks)
Visit URL with referer with c++

Hi guys, I have an issue and i hope that you could help me! I've made a code that scan a web page for a certain link that changes every day and opens it with...
[4 replies] Last: I would have thought so, you cant simulate a mouse click without scree... (by Owain)
by xoden
swap function

Hello, i'm new to the site so sorry if i mess something up. my program doesn't seem to work. the final cout in the main doesn't show that the numbers switche...
[1 reply] : If you want to actually alter a and b pass in references instead: voi... (by Texan40)
Best way to write function to count digits?

This code finds the first,last and # of digits of an integer. Problem is using an if statement to find the # of digits only works up to nine digits. suggestio...
[7 replies] Last: @ vlad I'm running 64 bit I wasn't aware that made a difference and I... (by birdwalkr)
read from file and display

Hi all, I'm taking a C++ programming course and I'm having a problem completing another one of the assignments... Requirements: Create a file called accounts....
[5 replies] Last: So in the end I got what I wanted by closing the file I'm reading from... (by marihum)
Array of Objects

int main(){ cout<<"How many players ar you?"<<endl; cin >> players; for(int i = 0; i <= players; i++){ Character* player = new Character ;//dynami...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by xxkipper)
Plinko - part 2!

So I got some good help from my last post!! (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/79921/) And was able to figure out my problem! But now I've ran into...
[4 replies] Last: Update!! If anyone cares... So up in line 28 I had mult_slot declare... (by bulloko)
I don't feel creative :(

I've heard that you have to have a some spark of creativity to be a good programmer (Correct me if I'm wrong) But I feel like I lack the creativity to write pr...
[3 replies] Last: Being a beginner myself, I read some of the homework being posted on t... (by leftcoast)
by ATEST
Can't fix it

Hi everybody, I apparently have a problem with one of my first self-written programs: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int n1; int n2; i...
[5 replies] Last: Works perfectly now, just like it should , again, Thanks!!! (by ATEST)
Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'number' is being used without being initialized.

Hello, I'm very new to programming, as I just started a couple of weeks ago, and I am doing some excersises, but when I try to run the program, I get the erro...
[2 replies] Last: I'm an idiot. Thanks a lot, I didn't even realize. (by notonlyamiawesome)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 678910... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.