Beginners - September 2012 (Page 9)

Need Help Solving a Problem!

Hey guys, I'm very new to this stuff, I have never felt as helpless as I do in my Algorithms course that is centered around C++. This is the problem I reciev...
[1 reply] : Hi ! Don't despair you're very close ! It's mostly little things. Rem... (by soranz)
Fix program thats supposed to find two middle characters of string.

Basically I feel like I've almost got it figured out. But for some reason I always get "expected primary-expression before "else"" and "expected ';' before "els...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/const-correctness.html (by cire)
by Owain
Extended C++ learning

Hello. I have a basic knowledge of C++ but their are still gaps in my knowledge, especially when it comes to object oriented design. I can write simplistic prog...
[7 replies] Last: It certainly is. Bugger, I really wasted a lot of money :( (by georgep)
Need help with sorting cards

I am building a poker program, and I got an issues sorting the cards. I want the cards to be sorted by rank (1 ,2 , 3 and so on) but the sort function I have so...
[no replies]
Char String??

Hi Im just trying it out but Im trying to create a console application that just does a basic thing like create a username and password, so atm I have this... ...
[8 replies] Last: Use the tolower method, as chipp stated. (by strongdrink)
Data file formatting - Greatest to Least

I have a Trivial Pursuit type program. The following program is the program I use as a leaderboard.. so when it runs it pulls the scores of all of those users t...
[2 replies] Last: The easiest solution is to pack all the names and numbers into a struc... (by AleaIactaEst)
How to find Is the directory contains only files not sub folders

Hi, I need to find whether the directory contains the files not sub folders ??? for example directory C:\Test contains 3 files only how can i find??? Thanks...
[1 reply] : Use a Boost library, boost::filesystem for example. (by Fransje)
ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and intiger

below is a small snippet of code I am having my problem with. ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer and that is the message I get when I try ...
[5 replies] Last: mmkay the initial issue was fixed. when I have time ill post about the... (by nOm nom NOM3)
Blackjack card hand score

I need to create a program to score a blackjack hand. This is how it needs to be done, i dont need loops or switches, i just need to know why I get really big ...
[7 replies] Last: i really need to get this done (by nicksho)
Need help. Writing a wizard story program. not working.

I dont know how to stop my program from turning my words into numbers here is the code (i a noob at these forums so i dont know how you get it into those neat b...
[3 replies] Last: quick question why does the word become a number? (by majorursa)
how can i redirect the system(cmd)

Hi, i have used system() function in my program, i need to redirect the output to the file; system("test.exe 12 > temp.txt"); but it displayed in th...
[2 replies] Last: Also, look at popen() (by kooth)

Hey guys, I'm new to c++ field, so i have some questions that i think you guys might could help me with for a better understanding. how real-time audio and gra...
[no replies]
C++ for macros

hi, I used C++ at university but fell away from it. now due to work i would like to employ it to run macros on excel. Could anyone suggest a simple tutorial set...
[no replies]
virtual function()

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class A{ private: string AFood; public: A( string theAFood){ AFood = theAFood;...
[4 replies] Last: cant get what u mean . so mean cn i do it? (by BasicNewbie)
problem in overloaded cin

when i run the program i'm writting if i type 2 words for the name then the cin for grade is skipped and when cout 0 is displayed istream& operator>> (ist...
[1 reply] : it works if i put cin.ignore(); after the first cin but is there any ... (by Kronolynx)
Loop returns nan

I know that there are more elegant solutions to this problem than what I'm using, but I've been asked to compose this for a class, not using the pow() function,...
[3 replies] Last: You're a saint, Peter. That works perfectly. Coding: you only learn by... (by tapedeck)
Tic Tac Toe Algorithm Trouble (1,2)

Hi everybody. I just made a topic here and it took posting that to figure out what was wrong with my last problem, but now I have an entirely different problem....
[20 replies] Last: [quote=ribenaman]How are you getting it to block winning moves though?... (by coder777)
"candidate expects 2arguments ..

Hey guys, new to c++ trying to get this code to work .. says candidate expects two arguments, 1 provided if you can skim over it.. thanks! #include <iostrea...
[2 replies] Last: ((pow(fV1i),2) should be pow(fV1i,2) same with the line b... (by Moooce)
Loop problem

Hello everyone. Can you please help me on this certain problem? A mathematician named Ulam proposed generating a sequence of numbers from any positive integ...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry, we don't do homeworks. (by Peter87)
std::out_of_range error

Hi, I'm trying to code a programme and I'm getting this code when compiling terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range' what(): basi...
[5 replies] Last: Hi, When I execute the following statements std::cout << sizeof( uns... (by smeaglegolum)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 7891011... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.