Beginners - September 2013 (Page 3)

by elfeck
deleting array elements seperately

Hello, is it possible to replace a delete myarray; call with a for(int i = 0; i < a...
[3 replies] Last: @The illusionist mirage: sure, ┬┐who cares for undefined behaviour? @... (by ne555)
Help with guessing game code.

So I have to write a guessing game code and I'm having some real trouble with it any help would be a...
[4 replies] Last: To have a user enter a value and store it in "theGuess", a simple cin>... (by unsensible)
getting wrong calculations from function.

this is part of a class and the resistor and tolerance have been set to 1000 and 10 respectivley ...
[4 replies] Last: It's only the type of tolerance that counts. (by keskiverto)
General Practise (?) Question wrt Linked Lists

This has nothing to do with any particular piece of code, but is more of a "what's good practise" qu...
[4 replies] Last: I would just use the STL, but seeing as it is an elementary data stru... (by keskiverto)
How can I make a boolean function that tells if a number is prime or not?

My specifications are to prompt the user for an integer, then display a message indicating if the nu...
[9 replies] Last: Your isPrime function in it's current form always returns true, no ma... (by Danny Toledo)
Image Croping In C++

I have an assignment on OMR(Optical mark recognition) , following are the requirements , we have 2...
[1 reply] : sdl would do it. use that and then google something like sdl_resize. i... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by leo255
Getting "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

I use Ubuntu 12.10 as my operating system, and I'm not sure if this is related to that, but that's w...
[2 replies] Last: That was definitely it...Thanks man! (by leo255)
Some One Please explain to me...

It wont compile.. it gives me`'setNum1,2,3,4' was not declared in this scope... #ifndef NUMBE...
[2 replies] Last: I could make sure that your class function definitions are written lik... (by Shren)
by Karpl
Bumpkins of Bumpus

We're just getting more into functions and this is one of our programs that we have to do. It's appa...
[5 replies] Last: > He also never taught us how to use input files in visual studio 2012... (by JLBorges)
help with program errors for savings account program

Hi I am having trouble figuring out why i am getting the following error when I run the program. I...
[3 replies] Last: The error message basically says that you misspelled "#include" (you w... (by Daleth)
"Inline" function

I may just have trouble understanding the exact definition, but is an "Inline" function anything spe...
[4 replies] Last: The C++ standard does say that the inline keyword is to indicate that ... (by andywestken)
Trivia Program

Hello all. I am writing a trivia program. The code is finished, I'm trying to call the "questionAnsw...
[6 replies] Last: Not quite. The questionAnswers() function is useful because it display... (by EtDecius)
Camparisons

My question is how to write programs using only one comparison with if statements with out logical o...
[4 replies] Last: thanks. it did (by Xbloo93)
Check integer for 0 on last digit

Hi Is there a way to check if an integer say 123456 has a 0 on the last digit using bitwise operato...
[2 replies] Last: Wow I thought it required something complex , although I did think abo... (by Nubcake95)
Variable Declaration Error

Hi Can somebody please explain to me the following error and how to fix it void processMar...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry, should have giving a solution: Solution 1: void processMarks... (by Stewbond)
Getting wrong answers

I'm getting wrong answers with simple math. When I ask for something like: float answer = cos(samp...
[2 replies] Last: have you tried this? float part1 = cos(sample1 ); cout << part1 << e... (by Stewbond)
Class member variable initializes with = operator??

Output of the code is 25! How does the object of class opp initialize its private member? #includ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank Cubbi. And hence the explicit keyword! (by omkarchamphekar)
Needing help with passing numbers

I am currently working on a little program that will take a positive number and add it to the previo...
[1 reply] : Have you learned break; yet? Also it's because you don't add the ne... (by Stewbond)
Multiplying two matrices

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to multiply two matrices. Here's my code so far. Is it correct? ...
[5 replies] Last: @Klipeti You're welcome! Happy programming!... (by condor)
by stacyd
I need to write a program in C++ that inputs in on format and outputs in another and ignore a comma

I have to write a program that inputs a name from a user; last, first, middle and output it first mi...
[9 replies] Last: I have tried moving the cin.ignore to between the cinlast and first al... (by stacyd)
September 2013 Pages: 12345... 65
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.