Beginners - September 2013 (Page 4)

Game help

Hello everyone. Would you guys help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I am trying to write a dice program that rolls 2 dice and as long as there isn't a ...
[no replies]
Display input text backwards

Can someone give me string and while format program in making an input text backwards in <stdio.h> and/or <string.h>? I dont really know how..thanks guys!
[2 replies] Last: while this is correct, it has to be in <stdio.h> and/or <string.h>. my... (by johnakaagila)
check my code pls.

Instuction: Write a program that finds the equation of the line determined by two given points.For the two points you should use 4 variables double x1, y1, x2,...
[10 replies] Last: to end it (by closed account NUj6URfi)
convert basic if else if to while.

can someone guide me on how to turn this into a WHILE format? #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> main(){ char mess ,space=0; int len,i,ca=0...
[2 replies] Last: gee thanks man! (by johnakaagila)
Why is import to use delete[] in this code?

Why is delete arr needed on line 8? I didn't know you were suppose to free a function parameter(even if it's a pointer O_o). Thanks for any why can explain...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you guys I understand now. (by MasterT)
Is this code good for increasing the size of an array?

I read a section on this in my book yesterday and I wanted to see if I could code one myself with out using my book as a reference. #include<iostream> int *...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I didn't notice that mistake one line 17. (by MasterT)
by Ed4434
Dynamic Struct Array

Hey people, would just like to ask someone if they could take a look at my code and tell me why it produces a runtime error? I'm trying to create a dynamic a...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, thanks for the help :) Firstly, if I give Profile* personPro... (by Ed4434)
Customized version of strcat() help?

Hello everyone, I just want someone who can clarify parts of this example program from my C++ book so I can understand it better. As I'm learning C++ from a bo...
[2 replies] Last: I don't guarantee this answer is any good :) Line 28 in mystrcat is... (by SoftMOUNT)
by Fliize
std::vector push_back

Hello. I have a little problem regarding vectors. I have a class with a element std::vector<std::vector<Tile> >, the class has a method to populate the vector...
[1 reply] : why don't you have an increment statement in your for loop ? (by nvrmnd)
Wrong standard output?

Hi guys, this is a question from my homework: The speed of sound depends on the material the sound is passing through. Below is the approximate speed of soun...
[1 reply] : Did you have to submit this via an online validation service? Just wo... (by Chervil)
by Sandz
How to use getline(cin)

Please help. This is my code, eventually when I run the code the part on "Enter Name" will be skipped. Please tell me what went wrong. Thank you. example input...
[5 replies] Last: Wow! Thank you so much Chervil & eyenrique! :) (by Sandz)
WHILE Loop - Identify Input of Vowels, spaces and Words.

I need this in <stdio.h> and/or <string.h> and only in WHILE-Loop format! I suck in programming and i need someone to make it for me :( Create a program that w...
[5 replies] Last: I imagine a lot of the people on here were terrible at one point or an... (by Danny Toledo)
by Jazpy
Problem with non abundant sums

Hey everyone, I'm working on Project Euler problem 23 right now, which asks to find the sum of all numbers that can't be expressed as the sum of two abundant nu...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure why you're answer is incorrect. Anyway, you can get a spe... (by Mats)
everything has either an "identifier not found" or "undeclared identifier" error

This is the first time I have ever encountered something like this. Everything has either an "identifier not found" or "undeclared identifier" error. my code is...
[6 replies] Last: did you change any settings in you IDE ? (by nvrmnd)
Not sure not how to approach this

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I am not sure how to proceed. "Write a program that reads from the user a 5-digit whole number and produces a single integer v...
[1 reply] : For a lazy and easy method, you can probably use c - string and conver... (by nvrmnd)
Outputting multiple files in a loop

Hi, I am basically finished with this class assignment the only problem I am facing is with being able to output to different files. For example, the program...
[3 replies] Last: I would probably check to see if you are opening and closing your .... (by ZedjayCoder)
by xoxos
lazy/quick point class question

i recently started with vector graphics. i've never made use of OO functions in audio programming, and thought i'd better try it the OO way instead of a C/array...
[2 replies] Last: tyvm, it was a lazy question but your objectivity allowed me to focus ... (by xoxos)
quadratic

would someone please test my program on there computer it is working on mine but not on my teachers. #include<iostream> #include<cmath> using namespace s...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is often on a previous line than the one where the error i... (by Chervil)
by SSEKA
How do i use a Multiway If Else statement in a Loop?

Hey, I'm having trouble using a loop statement in a multiway if else statement. Is there anyway i can run my code using a loop statement to give the user the am...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys for your advice i changed this up and did the following... (by SSEKA)
Cant find my error

Write your question here. I've been looking over my code a 100 times i cant figure out why my output isn't in correlation with my input. Help is well appre...
[3 replies] Last: code works flawlessly now thanks man . (by luv2program)
September 2013 Pages: 123456... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.