Beginners - September 2017 (Page 18)

First c plus plus program.

/* | | My name is Cai Penghui, I am from | China. This is the first time I learn | cplusplus, and this is my first entry | program. Welcome t...
[9 replies] Last: I see we've all been reported. OP throwing a tantrum, or some other j... (by MikeyBoy)
punchline code:

Hello everyone I need help with my code please: I can get it to run and compile. The issues is when I added this below the program doesn;t load the error part c...
[7 replies] Last: Hello FSUNole34, You are welcome. You may find that this code may cl... (by Handy Andy)
why c# is faster at this?

this is c++: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int main() { float n, i; cin >> n; for (i = 0.1;...
[4 replies] Last: you are doing something that is killing C++’s performance what wo... (by parvizwpf)
I am finding it very difficult to read the documentations

I am finding it very difficult to read the documentations from this website, For example,I read about vectors and I did few beginners programs of the same, ...
[2 replies] Last: I would recommend the links JLBorges posted. Also nowadays you're not ... (by Uk Marine)
how to set a breakpoint with boost library

I would like to add a breakpoint to put the code in BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(first_test) on hold , but it is giving me bunch of errors. #define BOOS...
[3 replies] Last: You mean std::cin.get() . And std::system("pause") .... (by mbozzi)
Help with dynamic array/pointer return. Feel like an idiot

All, 1. Yes I'm super new. 2. Yes,this is partially a sanity check for a homework related question 3. NO--Im not looking for the easy way out, I've written...
[4 replies] Last: Chervil, You are absolutely correct. Gotta love Visual Studio. I cre... (by CapitalJeep)
C++ Homework Question

I'm doing an assignment for my C++ class and I've run into a problem writing a simple program that finds various types of averages given user input for 5 intege...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much! (by AlexanderGreen)
Thread safety

Hi i'm new to programming and trying out some multithreading scenarios. I'm creating 2 threads , one which reads file data and processes it into a struct. ...
[5 replies] Last: > If the container updates the size last, it should be fine. When it... (by JLBorges)
Crosscasting - why and how in the world does it work??

I'm currently reading through a C++ course and I got to a point where they give an example of using "static_cast" the wrong way, so that two pointers of a super...
[3 replies] Last: > some different compiler might behave differently if given this The... (by JLBorges)
Boost acceptor on existing live sockets

I am new to network programming. I've started by creating a class to accept connections using Boost asio. I'd like to know how to detect if a connection is al...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks. (by kbw)
What does this mean?

I was reading an example code and I found this , what is the meaning of what is written in parenthesis ?? void sf::RenderTarget::clear(const Color & c...
[4 replies] Last: It's a default argument that will be used if you don't pass in anythin... (by Uk Marine)
by paulm
strtod() to extract multiple values from string

Hi, Via a peripheral device I receive a string consisting of 8 temperatures. The string has a leading character (">"), and all temperatures are parsed as 5-d...
[4 replies] Last: That's a good call, Chervil. That way I can prevent the code from gett... (by paulm)
Reading file using getline

Hi, I have an issue with reading from file using getline. I know what the issue is just not how to solve it. So I have a file with some data in it. For e...
[3 replies] Last: Wow! Thanks guys :) that was way better than I expected, truly gratef... (by Anders Ekdahl)
by Kuluoz
Find string at UNICODE buffer using MEMCMP

unsigned char *buffer =NULL; char findstring = "cplusplus" buffer = function_to_ADD(starting_address, size) /* in this buffer size 1500. all the data are UNIC...
[1 reply] : you don't want to convert ascii to unicode. first, findstring is a ... (by jonnin)
Problem reading/writing binary file.

I have a script that dumps class info into a binary file, then another script that retrieves it. Since binary files only accept chars, I wrote three function...
[6 replies] Last: I posted on StackOverflow and somebody pointed out that I hadn't decla... (by chokfull)
Music

How can I have a song play in the background of my program ?
[1 reply] : C++ by itself does not assume you have a monitor, or fancy graphics. Y... (by Ganado)
Finding C++ & java idea for programming

hi all. i am c# programmer (windows forms). and i started any java & c++ exercises any weeks ago. i feel can understand both c++ & java because i know c#. bu...
[14 replies] Last: Since the OP knows C# and wants to learn C++, C++/CLR seemed to be a ... (by parvizwpf)
c++ problem

Im stuck here with a problem i get the errors that says Hw1a.cpp:(.text+0x41): undefined reference to `calcCommission(float)' Hw1a.cpp:(.text+0x65): undefin...
[3 replies] Last: Hello beginnercoder1, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting ... (by Handy Andy)
possible to dry up code without the use of functions

Write a command line game that plays a simplified version of blackjack where we don’t worry about aces and face cards. The program should generate a random nu...
[8 replies] Last: > my professor did not want us to use functions for this particular as... (by JLBorges)
how create themselves ide every great company?

how every great companies such as adobe,auto desk,siemens and .... create own beauty IDE? are those create by c++??
[10 replies] Last: thanks friends and thanks and thanks for your help. i certainly search... (by parvizwpf)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 161718192021
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.