Beginners - September 2017 (Page 5)

Txt file help

I need to create a simple cryptography program that crypt a message shifting each letter to its rig...
[1 reply] : What is meant is that you are "shifting" the positions of symbols in... (by Duthomhas)
Implementing c_str()

Hello, I try to write my own c_str() function of my own MyString Class. I wrote some code but not...
[6 replies] Last: I am apparently having an extra bad day @ c++. My apologies! (by jonnin)
searching text file

The read and write work fine but search always gives "not found". #include<iostream> #include<fst...
[3 replies] Last: ooh thx guys.Obviously the file names had to be same.It didnt strike m... (by suyashsing234)
by klipwc
ofstream unable to access file no matter what

My main code was working a few days ago. Today I tried to run it again and it refused to write no ma...
[7 replies] Last: I made duplicates and placed them in all folders but it didnt work eit... (by klipwc)
eassy but difficult for me

what does 424811 mean ??? #include<iostream> #include<cstring> #include<conio.h> using name...
[1 reply] : Try it with line 8 int b = 7 You have just discovered undefined behav... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
getch....help

i can not print my "pass" eventhough i input a tons of thing #include<iostream> #include<cstrin...
[6 replies] Last: "Andy" makes any thing become crystal clear....really really apreciate... (by phongvants123)
by xost0x
small key pressing issue

Hey guys, newbie here. I had a problem with some really small code I was trying to test. My aim he...
[2 replies] Last: Got it, thanks. (by xost0x)
Reading a string and store it in multiple arrays in C

Hello I'm new to C and I'm trying to take a string input that takes up to 3 words, and store it in o...
[4 replies] Last: > \n isn't always 1 char; it is 2 on windows... In every C and C++ im... (by JLBorges)
Storing string input into different arrays in C

Hello this brand new noob on C is trying to take a string input of 3 words and store it on 3 differe...
[2 replies] Last: which is (n++) if you prefer array notation. I stopped using * notat... (by jonnin)
Why is the execution time 0ms? (1,2,3)

My program calculates the factorial of 100: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int...
[46 replies] Last: An example where recursion is significantly slower than iteration: #... (by JLBorges)
need way to switch between players' turns in pick up sticks

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ cout<<"*** Welcome to Pickup Sticks...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> int main(... (by JLBorges)
Need Help implementing this algorithm

How do you read variables into the command lines? Prompt: Make a program that implements this alg...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> void alg( unsigned int n ) { ... (by JLBorges)
about const iterators 2

i have seen a const iterator defined as this: const_iterator cend() const noexcept { return const...
[1 reply] : The keyword const only appears once in that line, immediately before... (by mbozzi)
need help with decimal places

I need to average 5 test scores (0, 92.8, 100, 100, 100) and i have to get an average of 78.6 but i ...
[3 replies] Last: I've seen std::fixed << std::showpoint << std::setprecision(1) also... (by rjphares)
STRUCT not taking values

I am having a problem assigning a value to a variable in a struct. I'm placing my whole code to see ...
[8 replies] Last: Hello DaRealFonz, Before I get side tracked again I want to mention t... (by Handy Andy)
Implementing a loop

I have the conversion rates. I'm just having trouble implementing a loop with decision statements. A...
[12 replies] Last: If you actually did the first part of the assignment, then I would exp... (by Nico)
Trying to keep track of keys pressed

For some reason, it doesn't print anything correctly. EnterPressed is "essed", and characters on t...
[3 replies] Last: The general form for using getch() is: int ch; switch (ch = get... (by Duthomhas)
returning junk values in pop function of a stack

Write#include<iostream> #include<cstring> #include<fstream> using namespace std; class integers ...
[1 reply] : delete arr; looks wrong in pop. arr appears to be the stack's contain... (by jonnin)
Need Help finding different values in 2 arrays

I need to find the difference between 2 arrays and store them in a 3rd array. I am having trouble a...
[3 replies] Last: Indeed. Well, you are using them on line 126 of your program. Anyway,... (by lastchance)
Text file read and write

How do i make my program more efficient and eliminate the need of 'end of file'?(line 34) #incl...
[3 replies] Last: i use dot to end input to remove any sort of error as i like to mix c... (by Chervil)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 34567... 21
  Archived months: [aug2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.